ER (season 7)
- 1 Homecoming [7.1]
- 2 Sand And Water [7.2]
- 3 Mars Attacks [7.3]
- 4 Benton Backwards [7.4]
- 5 Flight Of Fancy [7.5]
- 6 The Visit [7.6]
- 7 Rescue Me [7.7]
- 8 The Dance We Do [7.8]
- 9 The Greatest Of Gifts [7.9]
- 10 Piece Of Mind [7.10]
- 11 Rock, Paper, Scissors [7.11]
- 12 Surrender [7.12]
- 13 Thy Will Be Done [7.13]
- 14 A Walk In The Woods [7.14]
- 15 The Crossing [7.15]
- 16 Witch Hunt [7.16]
- 17 Survival of the Fittest [7.17]
- 18 April Showers [7.18]
- 19 Sailing Away [7.19]
- 20 Fear Of Commitment [7.20]
- 21 Where The Heart Is [7.21]
- 22 Rampage [7.22]
- Malucci (after noticing Mark scratching his groin while meeting med students, due to the effects of poison ivy): Dr. Greene, I have a question: Something wrong with the Australian boys?
- Mark: Who?
- Malucci: (grins) You're scratching "down under." Doesn't make a good first impression.
Sand And Water [7.2]
- Mark: Did you catch her?
- Elizabeth: Oh yes I caught her, but once she starts writing she can't stop. Heaven forbid, I should have jabbed that pen into her corotid artery.
- Mark: Hmm, I think they double the fine once you draw blood.
- Elizabeth: You need a building with guest parking.
- Mark: Take my spot.
- Elizabeth: I don't want your spot! Dam.
- Mark: What?
- Elizabeth: No milk.
- Mark: (Offers his cereal bowl) Want some of mine? (Elizabeth gives him a look)
- Elizabeth: A grown man, you put an empty milk carton back into the refrigerator.
- Mark: It's not empty. [She dumps the remaining drop into the sink]...Now it's empty.
- Elizabeth: Not that it chills anything cooler than room temperature anyways.
[Mark is showing Elizabeth a house he wants to buy with her]
- Mark: You should check out the refrigerator, it's nice and cold.
- Elizabeth: Look at this deck.
- Mark: I knew you would love that.
- Elizabeth: When can we move in?
- Mark: When can you pack? It has an ice maker.
- Elizabeth: These floors are gorgeous.
- Mark: You should check it out.
- Elizabeth: What?
- Mark: The ice maker.
- Elizabeth: It's lovely.
- Mark: You have to open it. It has a special ice feature.
- Elizabeth: What, does the ice come in different shaped cubes or something? [She opens the freezer and closes it] Oh my god, Mark.[she opens it again and there sits a ring]
- Mark: I'm a little nervous, so let me say it. Elizabeth I love you. I was hoping you would give me the joy and honor of being your husband?
- Elizabeth: Oh...
- Mark: Is that a yes?
- Elizabeth: Yes.
Mars Attacks [7.3]
- Carter (to Mark): I'm gone for a couple of weeks, you [and Elizabeth] are engaged, Chen's pregnant, Malucci's blonde and I can't seem to remember my locker combination.
- Benton (to Romano): So, what is my position here?
- Romano: You have no position here.
- Benton: So, you're firing me?
- Romano: No, no, no, Peter. You fired yourself.
- Kovac (about the E.R.): It's really not so bad down here, Abby.
- Abby: Oh, yeah? Compared to what?
Benton Backwards [7.4]
- Corday: (to Benton about Romano) He's a horrid little turd, isn't he?
- Benton (to Romano): You couldn't pay me enough to work for you, you arrogant little prick.
- Romano: Fair enough. Keep working on those people skills, Peter.
- Abby (to Luka): Um...I was just thinking, ahh...I was just wondering, if you wanted, maybe we could, um...
- Luka: We could, what?
- Abby: Go out sometime.
- Luka: Oh, you mean, um, like a date?
- Abby: Uh, yeah, that's sorta what I was thinking.
Flight Of Fancy [7.5]
- Weaver: Peter, you're an excellent surgeon, but ER management is not the best of your skills. Leave that to us.
- Abby: Luka, wait!
- Luka: What?
- Abby: Wait a minute! Don't walk away! Where've you been?
- Luka: Abby, please.
- Abby: I'd.. I...I wanna help. Just talk to me.
- Luka: There's nothing to say. O.K? (leaves)
The Visit [7.6]
- (When Luka sees Abby smoking)
- Luka: I thought you quit.
- Abby: I did. And then my mother showed up.
- Corday: He needs a chest tube.
- Malucci: Mother? May I? Chest tube? (he smiles a big smile)
- Corday: Step in.
- Malucci (about Benton's nephew): I love this guy. He's a medical education in one convenient package, you know?
Rescue Me [7.7]
- Maggie (to Abby): Why are you so damn stubborn?
- Abby: It's called self protection.
- Romano: (to Corday about the Patterson malpractice suit) When his lawyers get through with you, you'll be lucky if you're slinging fish and chips back in England!
- Corday: Mark, I have something to tell you. It's not going to be easy.
- Mark: Go ahead.
- Corday: Well, I know it's not exactly the best time, but, what the hell. I'm pregnant! Chen did an ultrasound. (long pause) What you thinking?
- Mark: I think it's wonderful.
- (They hug)
- Corday: I love you
- Mark: I love you, too.
The Dance We Do [7.8]
- Abby: [Talking about her mother] It's the dance we do.
- Corday (to Mark): I lied. I lied! The fact is I rushed. I rushed through, and did'nt inspect the entire surgical field. That man will never walk again because I wanted to get out early for the weekend. And I couldn't even claim responsibility. I sat there, and I swore to God, and I lied to save myself.
- Mark: God owes us one...I think you're allowed to be selfish for a while. (he moves his chair closer to hers) I didn't run into a street sign...I had a biopsy...Those headaches weren't from hockey.
The Greatest Of Gifts [7.9]
- Chen: I'm being selfish. I have the money to raise him. There's no reason why I can't.
- Carter: There's a couple out there who desperately want to raise a child and you're giving them a great gift.
- Chen: What happens eighteen years from now when he shows up looking for an explanation?
- Carter: Tell him the truth. You know, tell him that you wanted to provide the best home possible for him.
- Chen: Do I tell him I was a coward? That my bigoted parents were more important to me than he was?
- Carter: Well, I think that you've got to take your family out of this. Now, if you want to keep the baby, keep the baby. But if you don't, or you can't, then you want to make sure that he goes to somebody that's going to love him, who's going to want him and know that you're not abandoning your baby, you're creating a family.
- Mark: I can't believe they call it a tumor board.
- Elizabeth: Why? They discuss tumors.
- Mark: No, but you'd think they could come up with something a little more aesthetic.
- Elizabeth: Like what?
- Mark: I don't know. Er, "You're Completely Boned" board.
- Elizabeth: I heard they used to call it the "Poor Bastard" board, but too many people were showing up.
- Mark: Someone told me that they tried the "Take Me Out Back and Shoot Me Now" board for a while.
- Elizabeth: What, didn't stick?
- Mark: No, surprisingly.
- Elizabeth: Why not?
- Mark: Too many letters, I guess.
- Elizabeth: Mmm, pity.
- Kim: I don't need any more friends.
- Kerry: Oh. Okay, okay, I understand.
- Kim: Do you?
- Kerry: No. I like you and I respect you, and I thought we were really hitting it off.
- Kim: Well, that's the problem. You're straight and I'm not. And I've done this before and it didn't work out and I am not going to do it again.
- Kerry: Yeah, but I am not asking for that from you. I mean, we're comfortable together, we have a lot in common, we have fun together.
- (Kim suddenly kisses Kerry, who pulls away)
- Kim: That's why I can't be your friend, Kerry.
Piece Of Mind [7.10]
- Greene: It's weird, you know...how I've sent a couple of thousand people to the OR and...
- Corday: And?
- Greene: And never been there myself.
- Benton: I got a page. What surgical consult?
- Weaver: A guy in curtain two has a beeper up his rectum.
- Benton: What?
- Weaver: He has it on vibrate. I can't figure out how he slipped it in there.
- Benton: Never underestimate the elasticity of the anal sphincter.
Rock, Paper, Scissors [7.11]
- Abby (to Carter): I don't want to be your sponsor anymore.
- Carter: Whoa, where's that coming from?
- Abby: I care about you and I care about your recovery, but I can't keep saying the same things over and over because it's hard enough for me to do it for myself.
- Benton: (to Cleo) Look, I know you might not want to hear this right now; I know it's been rough, with everything…between us…I'm not easy, I haven't been here for you, not the way you've been here for me. I've never worked at being with someone, I've never even wanted to, but I want to, with you. I love you.
- Luka (to Bishop Stewart): So any fool can get into Heaven if he's scared enough to say he's sorry right before he dies?
- Bishop Stewart: Dr. Kovac, everyone deserves to be comforted in their darkest hour.
- Luka: Too bad you weren't there to comfort the little girl he killed.
- Bishop Stewart: I didn't need to be. God was there.
- Luka: Was he?
- Walter (to Abby): You're a real firecracker, aren't you?
- Abby: Yup, that's me, Nurse Firecracker.
- Benton: I don't like being used.
- Romano: Everybody is being used, Peter. It's what makes the world go 'round.
Thy Will Be Done [7.13]
- Abby (to Malucci): What's the matter, Dave? Afraid of clowns?
- Carter: Maybe he had a bad circus experience.
- Abby: Dr. Weaver! This clown is crashing!
- Carter: So, I talked to Luka.
- Abby: Me too.
- Carter: He didn't seem to mind about tonight.
- Abby: No... he doesn't get jealous.... Ever.
A Walk In The Woods [7.14]
- Abby: Penny for your thoughts.
- Luka: (chuckles) Pardon?
- Abby: It means, what are you thinking about?
- Luka: Nothing, really...I was thinking about the Bishop.
- Abby: ...Making love with me makes you think of a priest with lupus? (they laugh) You watch me when we make love.
- Luka: You're beautiful.
- Abby: What was her name?
- Luka: Who?
- Abby: Your wife.
- Luka: ...Danijela.
- Abby: Did you love her very much?
- Luka: ...Yeah.
- Abby: I'm glad.
The Crossing [7.15]
- Randi (to Greene): How'd your personality test go?
- Greene: I scored somewhere between serial killer and talk show host.
- Kovac: I thought they were memory tests.
- Greene: (clears throat) That was Monday.
- Carter: What's next? Rorschach? Spelling bee?
- Greene: Swim wear competition, sudden-death Twister. Who knows? Maybe a chili cook-off.
- (As the Bishop is nearing death)
- Bishop Stewart: Luka, your heart is burdened. Talk to me. Let me take that burden with me.
- Luka Kovac: Danijela, my wife, she... wanted to move out of Vukovar, but, um- I had to finish my internship. And, uh, soon it was too late; it wasn't safe to move.
[As Luka speaks, he has a flashback of running into his burning apartment building as air-raid sirens wail]
- Luka Kovac: So, I went out to get some supplies... I made them stay behind. I was just crossing the street when a mortar shell hit the apartment building. (throws up his hands in a gesture of finality)
- Bishop Stewart:... Go on. (Luka glares at him, but Stewart gazes back calmly)
- Luka Kovac: I ran inside... I saw my neighbors, hurt, bleeding, dying, but- but, I passed them by. I had to get to my family.
[In the flashback, Luka calls his wife's name as he runs up the stairs; he finally hears her answer, forces his way through their blocked door and finds Danijela bleeding on the floor, with their daughter Jasna unconscious in her lap. He sees his son Marko's body under some debris; when Danijela asks about Marko, he tells her Marko is dead, taking Jasna from her and finding a pulse. Danijela, crying, tries to move towards Marko; Luka, afraid she will bleed out, yells at her to stay still]
- Luka Kovac: The piece of shrapnel had torn into Danijela's spleen, and she was bleeding to death. When I turned back to my daughter, she wasn't breathing. I lost the pulse, but as long as I kept doing CPR- breathing for my daughter- I thought she had a chance. I could only pray that... someone would get there, to help. (pause) If I'd picked up Danijela, at that moment, and gotten her to the hospital, she- could have had surgery, you know? she could have lived. But- (starts to tear up) I couldn't leave my little girl. I waited and prayed. I prayed someone would come!
[In the flashback, Danijela grows weaker; Luka begs her to hang on, as he continues performing CPR on Jasna and yelling for help]
- Bishop Stewart: (quietly)... And no one came.
- Luka Kovac:... No one came. I called out for hours as I sat there, breathing for her, doing CPR. (pause) I finally had to stop, from exhaustion. I lost them all.
- Bishop Stewart: You couldn't sacrifice the one, to save the other. Even if you had, you'd still blame yourself. (Luka leans forward and begins crying into his hands; Stewart gently lays his hand on Luka's head) These things can't be explained. Why it happens, the Providence of God, and the mysteries of life and death... are the very fiber of our faith. (pause) They were gifts, of love and life. You are a gift of love and life. Don't turn your back on them.
- (Kerry and Legaspi discussing what time she will get off work)
- Kerry: I'll try to be quiet.
- Legaspi: No, wake me.
Witch Hunt [7.16]
- Luka blows on his coffee to wake Abby up.
- Abby: Luka I think one of the kids from the coffee shop broke into the apartment.
- Luka: I got breakfast.
- Abby: I don't believe in breakfast.
- Luka: It's the most important meal of the day.
- Abby: That's never been medically proven.
Survival of the Fittest [7.17]
- Romano: [To a very pregnant Elizabeth] Are you sure you can still reach the table?
- Elizabeth: At least I can see the table...
- Chuny: Did somebody order a school bus?
April Showers [7.18]
- Elizabeth: This is America, and sometimes in this country you have to kick some ass!
- Mark: [Trying to get on an overloaded bus] Can you let me on?
- Passenger: Wait for the next one pal!
- Mark: I gotta get to my wedding.
- Passenger: That's original.
- Mark: It's true, why else would I be carrying this tux? They towed my car, and the EL is down.
- Passenger: Make room! Make room! Dead man walking.
Sailing Away [7.19]
- Chen: Don't be a hero, get the epidural!
Fear Of Commitment [7.20]
- Peter: There are two things in the world that I'm sure of: my love for my son and my abilities as a surgeon. I'm a father, and a doctor. By the end of the day, that's enough for me.
- Malucci: (to Cleo) You're not the first to be deceived by my rugged good looks and boyish charm.
- Maggie: (to Abby) I promised myself I wouldn't make any promises.
Where The Heart Is [7.21]
- Maggie: Something happened to me, in that ICU. And I realized- I don't wanna die. And more than that, I don't want my little girl to watch me die. I can't do that to you, not ever. That's what I wanted to tell you today. I'm gonna handle my life- and I want you to get on with yours.
- Abby:...Okay. (turns away, Maggie follows her)
- Maggie: You can't put your life on hold anymore!
- Abby: It's not on hold-
- Maggie: What do you mean? You won't even go play softball with your boyfriend!
- Abby: So? I don't wanna play.
- Maggie: (exasperated) Stop sitting things out, Abby!
- Abby: I don't!
- Maggie: Yes, you do! You can't use me as the reason for not doing the things you want to do in life- go to medical school!
- Abby: Well, that's not so easy-
- Maggie: Get married!
- Abby: I was married!
- Maggie: Get pregnant!
- Abby: (angrily) I was pregnant! (silence, as Maggie stares at her in shock)
- Maggie:...What happened?
- Abby: What happened?(sits down)...I had an abortion. (pause) Some people aren't meant to be mothers. (Maggie sits next to her and leans close)
- Maggie:...Abby. I was a lot younger than you are now, when I had my first manic episode. I've watched you since you were a little girl- you're not bipolar.
- Abby: (holding back tears) No- but my kids could be.
- Maggie: But they might not be! They could be anything, and you would just love them, that's all! (pause) You never even told Richard, did you?
- Abby: No. I- I think that was the beginning of the end for us. We just stopped talking about everything. (pause) I just- was too scared- I couldn't- I couldn't risk it. I just- I didn't want to-
- Maggie: Turn into me?
- Abby: Yeah
- Maggie: Or have to end up taking care of another me? (Abby nods, starts crying quietly) Oh, honey- oh, sweetie- sweetie, sweetie, sweetie. (Maggie hugs her tightly, Abby sobs into her shoulder) That's all there is, is risk. You just have to take a chance, and leap into life! Otherwise, sweetheart, you're gonna miss out on all the great things. Abby- you deserve all the great things. Do you hear me?
- Kerry: It's not right, Kim. You know why they're firing you. You have to fight it, you have to fight this.
- Kim: I'm supposed to fight. You're hiding, but I'm supposed to fight? Well, I'm sorry, but I don't want to fight. I just want to move on. So should you.
- Romano (to Weaver): You had better choose your battles very carefully. You are the Chief of Emergency Medicine, not the County's lesbian advocate.
- Weaver: That's where you are wrong, Robert, because I am both. I am the Chief of Emergency Medicine and I am a lesbian. And if you pursue this matter any further I will take it to the County Board of Supervisors, the ACLU, the press, and anyone else who will listen. So I suggest you choose your battles very carefully.
- Carter (to Abby): Don't talk to me about Luka. I'm not your girlfriend. And I shouldn't even be here with you.
- Abby: Why not?
- Carter: Because I don't want to wish bad things for you and Luka and I don't want to sit on the sidelines waiting for you two to break up. And I don't want to be your friend. It might be convenient for you, but it's not doing much for me.