Major Jaswant Singh (3 January 1938 - 27 September 2020) was an officer of the Indian Army and an Indian Cabinet Minister. He was one of the founding members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and was one of India's longest serving parliamentarians, having been a member of the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha almost continuously between 1980 and 2014. He was NDA's Vice-presidential candidate in the 2012 Indian vice presidential election. Singh was the only leader from Rajasthan who had the distinction of becoming the Minister Of External Affairs, Finance and Defense.
- We do not believe that bilateral relations between India and Pakistan ought to or can be held hostage by any single issue.
- As Minister of External Affairs of India, Jaswant Singh, advocate of peace with Pakistan, dies at 82 (from The Dawn.
- We will pick up the threads from the visit of the president of Pakistan. We will increasingly endeavor to revise the vision of the relationship of peace, friendship and cooperation with Pakistan.
- This summit has set the tone for future relations with Pakistan, ... The caravan of peace has continued its march and on some auspicious day it will reach its destination.
- The government's priority remains the earliest termination of this hijacking and the earliest return of the passengers, crew and aircraft.