if someone even mentions germany people think of: nazis, hitler innocent jews hopelessly murdered. if people just knew that whats past is past and just forget about it and also anyone who likes nazis well....see you in hell losers!
- It is true that the sole current quote in this article is not exactly kind to Germans (even though its sting should be lessened by the fact that it's a joke, coming from a comedy centered around an ill-mannered Briton). But rather than complain about it here, it is much more effective to contribute reliably-sourced positive quotes about Germans and Germany, which certainly exist. The same is true for any Wikiquote article. ~ Jeff Q (talk) 20:24, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
its true the germans are turely cool
Isn't this page kinda "onesided"? I only see quotes like "nazis-yadda-yadda"..
- Whenever the literary German dives into a sentence, that is the last you are going to see of him till he emerges on the other side of his Atlantic with his verb in his mouth.
- The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well-founded. Their operas last three or four days. And they have no word for "fluffy".
- Captain Blackadder, Blackadder Goes Forth, Episode 4: Private Plane.
- To the English I say this: be grateful for the Germans. Were it not for them, you would be the most hated people in Europe.
- Simon Munnery, Attention Scum episode three
- To think about Germany is to think about Auschwitz.
- Original (German): An Deutschland zu denken, heißt an Auschwitz zu denken.
- Theodor Adorno