Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014 film)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a 2014 American action adventure film based on the Mirage Studios characters of the same name. It is the 5th film in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film series, and is also a reboot that features the main characters portrayed by a new cast, as the first in the reboot series.
- [to April] Do NOT say a word about this to anyone. If you do, we will find you. April O'Neil.
- I think this is it, guys!
- All these years you told us we were rescued from the fire by a great guardian spirit, a hogosha.
- [from trailer] We were created as weapons, and we knew the world would never accept us... but one day, it would need us.
- [on a subway] All aboard! [attacks the Foot]
- [takes the phone out of Raph's hand] How many times do I have to tell you? We don't break things, we fix them. Donnie already wiped the pic, genius! Problem solved! Moving on!
- Guys, did you see? I totally talked to a girl!
- [taps a rhythm on his nunchuks] MC Mikey!
- [smashes through a Foot SUV and grabs the wheel] Hey, I'm drivin'!
- Please keep your hands and feet inside the shell at all times!
- Whoa, whoa, whoa! Chill! It's just a mask, see? Don't freak out. [takes off his mask] Right?
- [doing a handstand on a swivel chair] Guys, I'm in the zone! There's literally nothing that can break me right now! [Splinter tosses a pizza at Michelangelo] Starting to crack...
- [from trailer] I always wanted to try this... [uses his staff as a fulcrum to tip over a moving SUV]
- [wakes up April] Ma'am, can you hear me? Do you know what city you're in? Do you know where you are?
- Oh my Gosh, they have guns!
- BAM! System disabled! Who wants Italian? I'm buying! Tiramisu for everybody!
- [knocks down the Shredder] Cowabunga.
- [from trailer; to Leo] Why are you always telling me what to do? [punches out a Foot Ninja behind Leonardo]
- [from trailer; faces Shredder] Come on!
- Let's do it for Sensei!
- Let's go save my brothers!
- My sons, your training is not yet complete. But you will become the warriors that legends are made of.
- Listen closely, April. I don't remember a time before living in that laboratory. That fateful night started like any other: Sachs gave us our injections, your father made sure our vital signs were strong, and you as always provided us with a special treat. After the brothers went to sleep, I heard loud voices... it was the smell of smoke. Alarms sounded. Your father had discovered the truth behind the man he was working for. He set fire to the lab; his last breath was taken trying to destroy Shredder's plan. I was terrified. But then you appeared, and ushered us to safety. I never had a voice, then. But I thank you now, April.
- Like all children, they were drawn to the distractions of popular culture. And I knew, one day they would want to explore the world above. [remembers the young turtles dancing to Hollaback Girl] They would be ridiculed. They would need to learn to protect themselves, both mentally and physically. [while sweeping, Splinter finds a book on ninjutsu] And then I found a way. First, I would teach myself the ancient art of ninjutsu. The others followed my lead, accelerating at a wondrous rate. Their gift was also their passion; they lived, breathed and dreamed of martial arts. Then, they were ready.
- [in Japanese] Tonight I dine on turtle soup!
- [to Karai] I do not believe in fairy tales.
- All these years, I have been seeking to recreate the mutagen, and you.....you just handed it to me.
- [beats the Turtles] Enough! The lesson is over.
- [April: SHREDDER!] [stabs the Shredder with one of Raphael's sais] You stupid little girl...
- Eric Sachs: I'm going to be rich! Like, stupid rich!
- Karai: We know you're out there! If you don't surrender, we start executing hostages!
- Taylor: Mom, can I move back home?
- Bernadette Thompson: There are four six-foot talking turtles walking around New York City, and no one has seen them but you?
- [first lines]
- Splinter: You are extraordinary, my sons. Unlike anything the world has ever seen. Bowed in greatness, destined to protect the people of New York! A dark force is growing: a criminal organization known as the Foot Clan, so named because they step over the good people of this city with no regard. Their leader, Shredder, will come at you with ferocity. His Foot Clan will outnumber you! The people of New York will look upon you as their only hope. Eyes focused! Elbows locked! Stance lowered! Be one with the blades! I know you are eager to answer their calls. But your training is not yet complete. The world below must remain your home. As your father, you must trust me and be patient. You are not yet ready to go above ground, but I believe when that day comes, when you rise to the streets, you will be responsible for amazing things.
- [from trailer]
- Vernon: So they're aliens?
- April O'Neil: No, that's stupid. They're turtles.
- Bernadette Thompson: Is there anything else we should know about them?
- April: They're ninjas.
- April: What are you?
- Leonardo: Well, miss. Ahhhhh... we're ninjas.
- Raphael: We're mutants!
- Donatello:: Well technically we're turtles.
- Michelangelo: Oh, and we're teenagers, but we can still have adult conversations.
- April: So, you're... Ninja Mutant Turtle Teenagers?
- Donnie: When you put it like that, it sounds ridiculous!
- Leo: I think this is it, guys!
- [The Turtles and April start to plummet to the ground]
- Leo: Does anyone have anything they wanna say? Donnie?
- Donnie: I'm the one who eats the icing off the pop tarts in the morning and puts them back in the box!
- Mikey: I so did not understand the ending of Lost!
- Leo: Raph?
- Raph: I just... uh, uh... If this our last moment together, I just want you guys to know I'm sorry! I'm sorry I was so hard on you! Ugh. Everytime I pushed you I... I threatened you, I yelled at you, I pushed you beyond your limits, it's because I believe in you! I believe in each one of you! I believe in you spirit and your intelligence and your potential! And every time I talked about walking away it was because I was scared! I just didn't think I was good enough to stand next to you and call you brothers, and say to you, I love you! I love you guys so much!
- Donnie: Raph... we made it. You crying?
- Raph: No, ding dong. It's just a little dusty out here.
- [Splinter catches the Turtles sneaking in]
- Splinter: Where have you been? [knocks down Leonardo]
- Raph: We were working out! [gets knocked down]
- Donnie: I forgot to soak my retainer! [gets knocked down]
- Mikey: I'm totally sleepwalking! Mikey's sleeping, and walking, he's totally innocent! [gets knocked down]
- [Splinter brings out a pizza since his children won't speak]
- Splinter: Of course, you've all tasted the 5-cheese pizza, but this... cheesemongers have speculated its existence for centuries. Da Vinci's original masterpiece. I submit to you... Novantanove Formaggio, the 99-cheese pizza!
- Mikey: It's not possible...
- Donnie: Mikey, it's a trap! A pizza with that variety of cheese is a culinary impossibility!
- Splinter: [holds out a piece to Michelangelo] Shall I list the ingredients? Cheddar... Provolone...
- Leo: Mikey, don't you do it!
- Splinter: Asiago...
- Donnie: Keep it together!
- Splinter: Taleggio...
- Mikey: I don't even know what that is...
- Splinter: Mozzarella, of course...
- Mikey: [cracks] Alright, Alright, Alright. We left the lair because the Foot were taking hostages and we kicked some serious butt in there and there was this girl named April O'Neil who took our picture… but we took care of it!
- Splinter: Shredder.
- Shredder: All these years I've been trying to recreate the mutagen. And you... you just handed it to me.
- Splinter: [draws his sword] You will not lay a hand on my sons!
- Shredder: [laughs] Your sons? You think you're their father?
- The leader. The brains. The attitude. And Mikey.
- Mysterious. Dangerous. Reptilious. You've never seen heroes like this.
- Meet the new face of justice.
- Brothers become legends.
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|