Turtles Forever (also known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever or TMNT: Turtles Forever) is a 2009 animated TV special by 4Kids Entertainment. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, the film features a team-up between the Ninja Turtles of three different eras: The original 1984 Mirage Comics Turtles, the 1987 cartoon Turtles and the 2003 animated Turtles.
- ['03 Splinter, and The 8 Turtles (80's and 2003) have succeeded in tracking down the Technodrome underground]
- 2003 Donnie: You were right… uh, (80's) Donatello. Those recent seismic activities have led us straight to the...
- 1988 Michelangelo: [Just then, the group encounter the Technodrome] ...Technodrome!
- 2003 Raph: A giant golfball on wheels!? That's your Shredder's ultimate weapon!?
- [Karai bursts into the Technodrome's Transmatter Portal room and frees Ch'rell, the 2003 Shredder]
- Karai: I am called Karai, I am his... daughter.
- 1988 Shredder: [in a not-so surreptitious aside to Krang] Not much of a family resemblance. [Karai kicks him aside]
- [The Turtles are outside of the Technodrome]
- 1988 Raphael: Hey, they rolled out the welcome mat.
- '03 Raph: Then how come I ain't feelin' welcome?
- [The 1988 Turtles laugh]
- 2003 Leo: You don't understand. The Utrom Shredder is nothing like your Shredder. He's vicious.
- '03 Donnie: Lethal.
- 2003 Mikey: Competent!
- '03 Raph: We go in, there's no saying we come out.
- [The 1988 Turtles look at each other]
- 1988 Leonardo: Let's do this! [puts in one hand followed by the other 7 turtles]
- '03 Leo: Today, we are more than allies. We're brothers.
- 1988 Turtles: GO, GREEN MACHINE!
- 2003 Turtles: IT'S NINJA TIME!
- '88 Turtles: TURTLE POWER!
- '03 Raph: Grr! Annoying power. [pushes the 1988 turtles]
- '88 Turtles: Hey!
- '03 Raph: Move it, half shell!
- '88 Michelangelo: Quit shovin'!
- [The Turtles are at the Purple Dragons' lair picking up some equipment when they confront a mutated Hun.]
- Hun: [fighting 1988 Michelangelo] Now I look in the mirror and all I see is you, and I hate you even more!
- '03 Donnie: Hun, you don't understand. The Shredder, he– [his 80's counterpart hits him]
- Hun: [picks up the purple bag] Forget the Shredder. You're gonna pay for what you've done to me!
- '88 Raphael: [to the camera/viewer(s); breaking the 4th wall] Some people just can't handle change.
- Hun: [looks at the camera in confusion and picks up 1988 Raphael] Why do you keep doing that?! Who are you talking to?! THERE'S NO ONE THERE!
- '03 Raph: There won't be anyone to talk to.
- [The 1988 and 2003 Turtles arrive in the 1984 monochrome comics version of New York City, where they are confronted by the original Mirage Turtles.]
- Mirage Leonardo: What is this, 8 wannabes...?
- Mirage Donatello: ...On our turf...?
- Mirage Michelangelo: ...Trying to steal our act?
- Mirage Raphael: Yeah!
- [The Mirage Turtles jump off the building and attack the other Turtles. Mirage Leonardo kicks his 2003 counterpart and 2003 Raphael.]
- Mirage Leo: [narrating] I strike 2 on my way down. Donatello takes out a 3rd with his staff. [Mirage Donatello strikes down 2003 Mikey. The 1988 Turtles pull out their weapons as Mirage Raph twirls his sai while facing them. They immediately tremble in fear and drop their weapons before attempting to run away, but Mirage Raph trips them by throwing his sai at their feet] Already, the pudgy ones are starting to panic. Raph loves this stuff. He's not alone.
- '03 Donnie: Why is he narrating? Is he crazy?
- '03 Mikey: Hardcore crazy!
- '03 Raph: I love these guys! [Mirage Michelangelo suddenly attacks the 3 from above]
- Mirage Mikey: So, you're supposed to be us... from other worlds...? I don't see it.
- Mirage Donnie: What's with the multi-colored headbands?
- Mirage Raph: Hmph, sellouts.
- '03 Raph: Uh... [grabs '88 Leonardo by the shell] Well, check out the initialized belt buckles on these yahoos.
- '88 Turtles: Hey!
- '03 Raph: How lame can a turtle get, am I right? [his '84 Mirage counterpart grabs and shoves him forward] Hey, ow! Geez, what a hardcase! [sees the '88 Turtles smile at him] What?
- '88 Turtles: Nothing.
- [The giant-sized 2003 Utrom Shredder just got clipped by his own destructor beam]
- '88 Donatello: Looks like we just found something he's vulnerable to!
- [The Mirage Turtles jump off the 2003 Utrom Shredder]
- Mirage '84 Raph: Yeah, turtles!
- '03 Donnie: The Technodrome!
- (1988) Krang: Hmm... Go figure.
- Mirage '84 Donnie: I'm gonna miss those wannabes.
- Mirage '84 Mikey: Yeah, I kinda dug the initials on the belt buckles.
- Mirage '84 Raph: Hmph, you would. I could go for a slice, though.
- Mirage '84 Leo: There's that place on Bleecker. [The Mirage Turtles jump off the building and run] We are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We strike hard and fade away into the night. [Scene ends with the Turtles in their signature jumping pose, which becomes a promotional poster of the original comics]
- Peter Laird: I think this first issue is coming along rather well, don't you, Kev?
- Kevin Eastman: Yeah, sure do, Pete. Hey, let's get back to this after lunch, huh?
- Peter: Hmmm, sounds good. Pizza?
- Kevin: Yeah, pizza.
- Pete: Oh, I hope this thing sells.
- Kev: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. [chuckles]
- [As Kevin and Peter leave for lunch, the camera pans to the cover of the comics' first issue.]
|Characters||'84 Mirage comics||80's Cartoon||2003 TV show|
|Jason Griffith||Dan Green||Michael Sinterniklaas|
|Clay Adams||Tony Salerno||Sam Riegel|
|Sean Schemmel||Sebastian Arcelus||Greg Abbey|
|Bradford Cameron||Johnny Castro||Wayne Grayson|
|David Wills||Load Williams||Scottie Ray|
|Splinter||David Wills||Darren Dunstan|
|April O'Neil||Rebecca Soler||Veronica Taylor|
|Casey Jones||Marc Thompson|
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|