Turtles Forever (also known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever or TMNT: Turtles Forever) is a 2009 animated TV special by 4Kids Entertainment. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, the film features a team-up between the Ninja Turtles of three different eras: The original 1984 Mirage Comics Turtles, the 1987 cartoon Turtles and the 2003 animated Turtles.
- [At Purple Dragon headquarters, Hun and two members are walking down a hall.]
- Bald Purple Dragon: It was a sweet score, boss. We grabbed all kinds of high tech goodies.
- [Hun gets distracted by a fly and tries to swat him away.]
- Bald Purple Dragon: But the real prize is right in here. [types the passcode in the keypad and the door opens as the 4 step inside a room] We got 'em, boss. We finally got 'em. Say hello... [lights switch on to reveal the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] to the ninja turtles.
- Hun: "[confused]" Huh?
- 1987 Michelangelo: You were expecting maybe somebody else?
- Hun: Uh...I don't know who these... freaks are, but they're not the turtles.
- 1987 Raphael: Chumly, if we're not the turtles, I don't know who is.
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh]
- 1987 Donatello: Good one, Raphael.
- Bald Purple Dragon: "[holding 1987 Michelangelo's nunchucks and 1987 Raphael's Sais]" We uh... found this on 'em.
- African Purple Dragon: "[holding 1987 Leonardo's swords and 1987 Donatello's Bo Staff]" Ninja type stuff. Right, Boss?
- [The Bald Purple Dragon also shows Hun some small purple capsules and Hun picks one up and inspects it.]
- Hun: Hmm.
- 1987 Donatello: Hey. Don't you think you owe us one phone call?
- 1987 Michelangelo: Like I totally know who I'm calling.
- 1987 Turtles: "[In Unison]" PIZZA DELIVERY
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh as Hun and the Bald Purple Dragon look at each other in confusion. He then grabs 1987 Michelangelo's head and pulls him towards his face.]
- Hun: What...is...this?
- 1987 Michelangelo: That's just ooze. We fight Ol' Bucket Breath over that stuff all the time.
- Hun: "Old Bucket Breath"?
- 1987 Leonardo: You know. Ol' Frying Pan face.
- 1987 Michelangelo: Chrome Dome.
- 1987 Donatello: Metal Mouth.
- 1987 Raphael: Tin-teeth.
- Hun: What are you freaks talking about?
- Dog: "[Barking.]"
- 1987 Raphael: "[breaking the fourth wall]" A mind like a steel trap this one. Know what I'm sayin'?
- [Hun gives a confused look]
- 1987 Leonardo: Hello? We're talking about Shredder!
- Hun: WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE SHREDDER?!
- 1987 Donatello: Like Michelangelo said, it's just some Mutagen we stopped Shred head from getting his claws on.
- Hun: [shakes the capsule] Mutagen? Hmm.
- [Hun open the capsule and the same Fly from earlier takes a sip of the liquid.]
- 1987 Leonardo: I'd be careful with that if I were you.
- [Hun flicks the fly away and it lands on the floor suddenly growing large and screeching.]
- Purple Dragon: What the?
- [Hun punches the fly hard and it hits a wall and lands on the floor knocked out.]
- Hun: Hmm. This could really come in handy. Especially if the Shredder is back.
- [Bald Purple Dragon hands Hun the rest of the Mutagen capsules.]
- African Purple Dragon: Uh, what do you wanna do with these guys, boss?
- Hun: I've already got 4 turtles to worry about. These are.. superfluous.
- [The Purple Dragons aim their guns at the 1987 Turtles]
- African Purple Dragon: Nice knowing you, superfluous. [laughs evilly]
- [The 1987 Turtles' eyes widened in fear, as they are about to be shot.]
- Hun: What the? [Hun is thrown back into the room, making all of the Purple Dragons drop to the ground, along with the mutagen.] No!
- [The Mutagen hits a Purple Dragon with a dog.]
- Purple Dragon with Dog: Ahhh! Get it off me! [screams]
- 2003 Raphael: Hope you don't mind. But we let ourselves in.
- 2003 Michelangelo: Actually it kinda looks like we're already here.
- 1987 Donatello: Hey, those dudes look just like us.
- 2003 Raphael: Don't flatter yourselves.
- [The Turtles are outside of the Technodrome]
- 1987 Raphael: Hey, they rolled out the welcome mat.
- '2003 Raphael: Then how come I ain't feelin' welcome?
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh]
- 2003 Leonardo: You don't understand. The Utrom Shredder isn't like your Shredder. He's vicious.
- '2003 Donatello: Lethal.
- 2003 Michelangelo: Competent!
- '2003 Raphael: We go in, there's no saying we come out.
- [The 1988 Turtles look at each other]
- 1987 Leonardo: Let's do this! [puts in one hand followed by the other 7 turtles]
- '2003 Leo: Today, we are more than allies. We're brothers.
- 1987 Turtles: GO, GREEN MACHINE!
- 2003 Turtles: IT'S NINJA TIME!
- '1987 Turtles: TURTLE POWER!
- '2003 Raphael: Grr! Annoying power. [pushes the 1988 turtles]
- '1987 Turtles: Hey!
- '03 Raph: Move it, half shell!
- '88 Michelangelo: Quit shovin'!
- [The Turtles are at the Purple Dragons' lair picking up some equipment when they confront a mutated Hun.]
- Hun: [fighting 1988 Michelangelo] Now I look in the mirror and all I see is you, and I hate you even more!
- '03 Donnie: Hun, you don't understand. The Shredder, he– [his 80's counterpart hits him]
- Hun: [picks up the purple bag] Forget the Shredder. You're gonna pay for what you've done to me!
- '88 Raphael: [to the camera/viewer(s); breaking the 4th wall] Some people just can't handle change.
- Hun: [looks at the camera in confusion and picks up 1988 Raphael] Why do you keep doing that?! Who are you talking to?! THERE'S NO ONE THERE!
- '03 Raph: There won't be anyone to talk to.
- [The 1988 and 2003 Turtles arrive in the 1984 monochrome comics version of New York City, where they are confronted by the original Mirage Turtles.]
- Mirage Leonardo: What is this, 8 wannabes...?
- Mirage Donatello: ...On our turf...?
- Mirage Michelangelo: ...Trying to steal our act?
- Mirage Raphael: Yeah!
- [The Mirage Turtles jump off the building and attack the other Turtles. Mirage Leonardo kicks his 2003 counterpart and 2003 Raphael.]
- Mirage Leo: [narrating] I strike 2 on my way down. Donatello takes out a 3rd with his staff. [Mirage Donatello strikes down 2003 Mikey. The 1988 Turtles pull out their weapons as Mirage Raph twirls his sai while facing them. They immediately tremble in fear and drop their weapons before attempting to run away, but Mirage Raph trips them by throwing his sai at their feet] Already, the pudgy ones are starting to panic. Raph loves this stuff. He's not alone.
- '03 Donnie: Why is he narrating? Is he crazy?
- '03 Mikey: Hardcore crazy!
- '03 Raph: I love these guys! [Mirage Michelangelo suddenly attacks the 3 from above]
- Mirage Mikey: So, you're supposed to be us... from other worlds...? I don't see it.
- Mirage Donnie: What's with the multi-colored headbands?
- Mirage Raph: Hmph, sellouts.
- '03 Raph: Uh... [grabs '88 Leonardo by the shell] Well, check out the initialized belt buckles on these yahoos.
- '88 Turtles: Hey!
- '03 Raph: How lame can a turtle get, am I right? [his '84 Mirage counterpart grabs and shoves him forward] Hey, ow! Geez, what a hardcase! [sees the '88 Turtles smile at him] What?
- '88 Turtles: Nothing.
- [The giant-sized 2003 Utrom Shredder just got clipped by his own destructor beam]
- '88 Donatello: Looks like we just found something he's vulnerable to!
- [The Mirage Turtles jump off the 2003 Utrom Shredder]
- Mirage '84 Raph: Yeah, turtles!
- '03 Donnie: The Technodrome!
- (1988) Krang: Hmm... Go figure.
- Mirage '84 Donnie: I'm gonna miss those wannabes.
- Mirage '84 Mikey: Yeah, I kinda dug the initials on the belt buckles.
- Mirage '84 Raph: Hmph, you would. I could go for a slice, though.
- Mirage '84 Leo: There's that place on Bleecker. [The Mirage Turtles jump off the building and run] We are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We strike hard and fade away into the night. [Scene ends with the Turtles in their signature jumping pose, which becomes a promotional poster of the original comics]
- Peter Laird: I think this first issue is coming along rather well, don't you, Kev?
- Kevin Eastman: Yeah, sure do, Pete. Hey, let's get back to this after lunch, huh?
- Peter: Hmmm, sounds good. Pizza?
- Kevin: Yeah, pizza.
- Pete: Oh, I hope this thing sells.
- Kev: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. [chuckles]
- [As Kevin and Peter leave for lunch, the camera pans to the cover of the comics' first issue.]
|Characters||'84 Mirage comics||80's Cartoon||2003 TV show|
|Jason Griffith||Dan Green||Michael Sinterniklaas|
|Clay Adams||Tony Salerno||Sam Riegel|
|Sean Schemmel||Sebastian Arcelus||Greg Abbey|
|Bradford Cameron||Johnny Castro||Wayne Grayson|
|David Wills||Load Williams||Scottie Ray|
|Splinter||David Wills||Darren Dunstan|
|April O'Neil||Rebecca Soler||Veronica Taylor|
|Casey Jones||Marc Thompson|
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|