Turtles Forever (also known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles Forever or TMNT: Turtles Forever) is a 2009 animated TV special by 4Kids Entertainment. Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, the film features a team-up between the Ninja Turtles of three different eras: The original 1984 Mirage Comics Turtles, the 1987 cartoon Turtles and the 2003 animated Turtles.
- [At Purple Dragon headquarters, Hun and 2 members are walking down a hall.]
- Bald Purple Dragon: It was a sweet score, boss. We grabbed all kinds of high tech goodies.
- [Hun gets distracted by a fly and tries to swat him away.]
- Bald Purple Dragon: But the real prize is right in here. [types the passcode in the keypad and the door opens as the 4 step inside a room] We got 'em, boss. We finally got 'em. Say hello... [lights switch on to reveal the Turtles from the 80's] ...To the ninja turtles.
- Hun: [confused] Huh?
- 1987 Michelangelo: You were expecting maybe somebody else?
- Hun: Uh… I don't know who these... freaks are, but they're not the turtles.
- 1987 Raphael: Chumly, if we're not the turtles, I don't know who is.
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh]
- 1987 Donatello: Good one, Raphael.
- Bald Purple Dragon: "[holding 1987 Michelangelo's nunchucks and 1987 Raphael's Sais]" We uh... found this on 'em.
- African Purple Dragon: [holding 1987 Leonardo's swords and 1987 Donatello's Bo Staff] Ninja type stuff. Right, Boss?
- [The Bald Purple Dragon also shows Hun some small purple capsules and Hun picks one up and inspects it.]
- Hun: Hmm.
- 1987 Donatello: Hey, don't you think you owe us one phone call?
- 1987 Michelangelo: Like I totally know who I'm calling.
- 1987 Turtles: [In Unison] PIZZA DELIVERY!
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh as Hun and the Bald Purple Dragon look at each other in confusion. He then grabs 1987 Michelangelo's head and pulls him towards his face.]
- Hun: What... is... this?
- 1987 Michelangelo: That's just ooze. We fight Ol' Bucket Breath over that stuff all the time.
- Hun: "Old Bucket Breath"?
- 1987 Leonardo: You know. Ol' Frying Pan face.
- 1987 Michelangelo: Chrome Dome.
- 1987 Donatello: Metal Mouth.
- 1987 Raphael: Tin-teeth.
- Hun: What are you freaks talking about?
- Dog: [barking.]
- 1987 Raphael: [breaking the fourth wall] A mind like a steel trap this one. Know what I'm sayin'?
- [Hun gives a confused look at the fourth wall.]
- 1987 Leonardo: Hello? We're talking about Shredder!
- Hun: WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE SHREDDER?!
- 1987 Donatello: Like Michelangelo said, it's just some Mutagen we stopped Shred head from getting his claws on.
- Hun: [shakes the capsule] Mutagen? Hmm. [open the capsule and the same fly from earlier takes a sip of the liquid.]
- 1987 Leonardo: I'd be careful with that if I were you.
- [Hun flicks the fly away and it lands on the floor suddenly growing large and screeching.]
- Purple Dragon: What the…?
- Hun: [punches the fly hard and it hits a wall and lands on the floor knocked out] Hmm. This could really come in handy. Especially if the Shredder is back.
- [Bald Purple Dragon hands Hun the rest of the Mutagen capsules.]
- African Purple Dragon: Uh, what do you wanna do with these guys, boss?
- Hun: I've already got 4 turtles to worry about. These are... superfluous.
- [The Purple Dragons aim their guns at the 1987 Turtles.]
- African Purple Dragon: Nice knowing you, superfluous. [laughs evilly]
- [The 1987 Turtles' eyes widened in fear, as they are about to be shot.]
- Hun: What the…? [thrown back into the room, making all of the Purple Dragons drop to the ground, along with the mutagen.] No!
- [The Mutagen hits a Purple Dragon with a dog.]
- Purple Dragon with Dog: Ahhh! Get it off me! [screams]
- 2003 Raphael: Hope you don't mind. But we let ourselves in.
- 2003 Michelangelo: Actually, it kinda looks like we're already here.
- 1987 Donatello: Hey, those dudes look just like us.
- 2003 Raphael: Don't flatter yourselves.
- [At the 2003 Turtles' lair.]
- 2003 Donatello: I don't understand it. The tracking system was closing in and then suddenly, poof, static. It's like the Technodrome disappeared.
- 2003 Leonardo: Any idea what we should do next?
- [The 80s Turtles raise their hands freely as if they are in a classroom.]
- 1987 Donatello: I know, I know!
- 2003 Leonardo: [crosses his arms] Other than going out for a slice?
- [The '87 Turtles put their hands down and look at each other awkwardly.]
- 2003 Raphael: Ugh! I told you you can't brainstorm with these goofballs! They ain't got no brains
- 1987 Raphael: Hey! We resemble that remark.
- 1987 Turtles: [laughing]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Good one, Dude!
- [2003 Leonardo and Raphael look at them and each other and then face palm in annoyance.]
- [The Technodrome has now settled in another tunnel. Inside, 1987 Shredder has found 0 results for Krang in the 2003 universe]
- 1987 Shredder: Hmm. Nothing comes up for Krang in this dimension.
- Krang: What?!
- 1987 Shredder: Shredder, on the other hand... [footage of the Utrom Shredder appears on screen] There he is. And he is magnificent. [footage shows Utrom Shredder crossing his arms, the next footage shows him punching 2003 Raphael and Michelangelo to the ground] What strength! What power! [the last footage shows Utrom Shredder firing a powerful blast at the 2003 turtles from the Sword of Tengu] Oh, how I've longed for an ally such as this. So, unlike the sniveling idiots that I've been forced to suffer.
- Krang: [deadpan] I'm right here. [yells] I CAN HEAR YOU!!! [croaks]
- 1987 Shredder: [typing on the computer] Now to find him.
- [1987 Shredder uses the computer to search for his counterpart. He searches the United States, Earth, the solar system and the galaxy, but finds nothing, until....the computer scans a chunk of ice]
- 1987 Shredder: Hmm. Strange, he's off world. No matter [types in the keyboard] I will program the matter to beam him to us directly. [the computer lights up and the matter transporter hits the chunk of ice and beam forms behind them] This is a turning point, Krang. The world will tremble before the combined power of Mighty Shredder and his....Huh?! [the beam reveals the true form of the Utrom Shredder: Ch'rell who was still in a frozen slumber after his last battle] Pink slug? [taps the ice lightly] Ooooh! I wanted a super sinister ally.
- Krang: [walks up to him] Oh I don't know. He looks alright to me. [croaks]
- [sometime later, 1987 Shredder and Krang have gotten Ch'rell out of the ice and onto a machine, sure to bring him back to life]
- 1987 Shredder: [typing on the computer] Could that puny creature actually be this dimension's Shredder?
- Krang: [croaks]
- 1987 Shredder: Quiet.
- Computer: Commencing cyro-regeneration.
- [the machine turns on, zapping Ch'rell]
- 1987 Shredder/Krang: Aaah!
- [the two Technodrome commanders watch as the computer explodes. 1987 Shredder turns around to turn it off]
- 1987 Shredder: No! [hits the button repeatedly]
- Krang: FOOL! YOU OVERCOOKED HIM DIDN'T YOU?! [walks over to Ch'rell]'
- 1987 Shredder: I did everything exactly right. [rushes over to the lifeless alien] It should have worked. It should be alive
- Krang: YOU BOTCHED IT! YOU BOTCHED IT!!!
- [1987 Shredder begins to get angry. He growls in anger, chases after Krang and tackles him to ground, breaking his glass helmet]
- 1987 Shredder: [strangling Krang] You forget who you talk to you whimpering- Oh![Krang hits him with his tentacle]...Worm! [Krang hits him again] Aah! I AM THE SHREDDER!!!
- [Ch'rell suddenly awakens upon hearing that statement]
- Krang: I know who you are. [hits 1987 Shredder again] Let go! [hits him again]
- Ch'rell: What fools are these? So weary of life.
- [1987 Shredder and Krang stop fighting and turn around]
- Krang/1987 Shredder: Wha?
- Ch'rell: That they take the name of the Shredder. [he speeds over to them in a flash from the table he was on and appears in front of them] MY name in vain!
- [Krang and '87 Shredder look at each other confuesed. They turn back at the Utrom who snarls at them and violently headbutts them into a monitor, breaking it. The two lay on the ground as Ch'rell stands up on the machine he was on earlier. '87 Shredder and Krang look at each other in surprise as the Utrom snarls at them]
- Ch'rell: [growling]
- [The Turtles are outside of the Technodrome]
- '1987: Hey, they rolled out the welcome mat.
- 2003: Then how come I ain't feelin' welcome?
- [The 1987 Turtles laugh]
- 2003 Leonardo: You don't understand. The Utrom Shredder isn't like your Shredder. He's vicious.
- 2003 Donatello: Lethal.
- 2003 Michelangelo: Competent!
- 2003 Raphael: We go in, there's no saying we come out.
- [The 1988 Turtles look at each other]
- 1987 Leonardo: Let's do this! [puts in one hand followed by the other 7 turtles]
- '2003 Leo: Today, we are more than allies. We're brothers.
- 1987 Turtles: GO, GREEN MACHINE!
- 2003 Turtles: IT'S NINJA TIME!
- '1987 Turtles: TURTLE POWER!
- '2003 Raphael: Grr! Annoying power. [pushes the 1988 turtles]
- '1987 Turtles: Hey!
- '2003 Raph: Move it, half shell!
- '1987 Michelangelo: Quit shovin'!
- [The two Turtle teams stop on a rooftop on a building]
- 2003 Raphael: Alright, time for some answers. Who the shell are you guys?!
- 1987 Donatello: I was about to ask you the same question.
- 2003 Raphael: [points at finger] Don't get cute.
- 1987 Michelangelo: We can't help it, we were born that way. [winks innocently as 2003, Raphael glares at him]
- 2003 Leonardo: Look, we just risked our shells rescuing you from Hun and the Purple Dragons. So I think we're entitled to some answers.
- 1987 Raphael: He's right.
- 1987 Michelangelo: They've earned it.
- 1987 Donatello:
- 2003 Raphael: So? Spill!
- 1987 Leonardo: You bet. Right after lunch. [he and the other 80's turtles run off]
- 2003 Leonardo: What? No!
- [the 1987 Turtles jump off the rooftop. The 2003 Turtles look down and watch and they jump down a street, scaring a couple of pedestrians along the way]
- 2003 Donatello: Uh, what are they doing?
- 2003 Raphael: That's it. THEY'RE TOAST! [gets ready to go after them, but 2003 Donatello stops him]
- 2003 Donatello: We can't go running around in broad daylight!
- 2003 Raphael: Doesn't seem to be stoppin' them.
- [the '87 turtles walk past some humans who just stare at them]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Hey there.
- Woman: "[gasps]"
- 1987 Michelangelo: How's it goin'?
- 1987 Raphael: Hello
- 1987 Leonardo: Hi.
- 2003 Donatello: If they get spotted by the wrong...
- 2003 Leonardo: Come on, time to call in reinforcements.
- [2003 Turtles walk away. The '80s Turtles have arrived at a Pizza Parlor]
- 1987 Leonardo: I'm starving.
- 1987 Donatello: I want Tuna Fish on mine.
- 1987 Raphael: I could eat a whole pie myself. [The '80s Turtles run inside the Parlor, laughing happily]
- Customers: [turn around and gasp]
- 1987 Turtles: [sighing happily]
- [the customers in line, run away from them screaming]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Score! No line. [to Pizza Chef] We'll take 4 large pizzas with Sauerkraut, Tuna Fish, Pretzels and Jellybeans.
- [the Chef just stares at them and runs away screaming, throwing a pizza into the air. '87 Michelangelo jumps onto the counter and catches it]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Maybe they're out of Jellybeans?
- [police cars pull up outside. The '87 Turtles continue eating pizza, just as they notice two cops outside the window pointing at them]
- 1987 Leonardo: Uh oh, the boys in blue. Let's slip out the back.
- [the '80s turtles flee the table. They head to the back door, carrying 6 pizza boxes. As soon as they get outside, they are caught in a net]
- 1987 Raphael: Hey, hey!
- 1987 Donatello: let us outta here!
- 1987 Raphael: Come on!
- 1987 Leonardo: What's goin' on?!
- 1987 Raphael: Let us go!
- [the '80s Turtles are thrown onto a glass pathway connecting two skyscrapers and break free]
- 1987 Raphael: hey! What's the big idea?
- 1987 Leonardo: You totally picked the wrong...
- 1987 Turtles: Huh?
- [2003 Splinter stares at them]
- 1987 Leonardo: Master Splinter?
- 2003 Splinter: You.. know me?
- 1987 Donatello: Well, yeah, but...
- 1987 Raphael: [touches 2003 Splinter's face] Did you get a perm job or somethin'? You look uh... different.
- 1987 Donatello: Come to think of it, everything's been looking a little different lately.
- 1987 Leonardo: Yeah. Ever since that big explosion, New York just hasn't been the same.
- 2003 Donatello: Explosion?
- 1987 Raphael: Yeah, during our uh, battle with Shredder.
- 2003 Leonardo: The Shredder?
- 2003 Splinter: Perhaps it would best if you started from the beginning.
- 1987 Leonardo: Well... [a flashback begins, starting with the Technodrome terrorizing the 1987 TMNT universe] We were mixing it up inside the Shredder's ultimate weapon: The Technodrome. [Inside the Technodrome, the '87 Shredder is holding the same vials of
Mutagen from before] Trying to keep him from getting his claws onto some vials of Mutagen. [The '87 Turtles run up to him] We were looking for a way to end the fight once and for all.
- '1987 Shredder: [gets hit by 1987 Donatello's Bo-staff] Ooh!
- 1987 Leonardo: When Don had a rockin' idea. [The '80s Turtles throw '80s Shredder into the air and catch the Mutagen vials] Use the Technodrome's own trans-dimensional portal to send it back from whence it came. [1987 Donatello smashes his fist into the control panel and starts tying two cable together] Don started working his Techno magic, but... [an army of Foot Soldiers enter the room and start shooting lasers. '80s Donatello leaps away from the lasers which hit the control panel, causing it a light blue glow. The '87 Turtles gasp and the glow begins to grow bigger, turning the Technodrome blue and golden ripples begin to appear. End of flashback] The next thing we knew, we were back in the city.
- 1987 Raphael: And we got back to doing we do best: taking down scuzz-buckets
- 2003 Leonardo': Hun and the Purple Dragons.
- 1987 Donatello: But maybe we're not in Kansas anymore. Not OUR Kansas anyway.
- 1987 Michelangelo: Dude, are you saying...
- 1987 Donatello: I'm saying, the Technodrome's trans-dimensional portal might have zapped us all to a different world.
- 1987 Leonardo: This Shredder of yours, he's here too?
- [the '80s Turtles shrug sheepishly]
- 2003 Splinter: Our path is clear: together we must find this Technodrome. It may be the only way to get these 4 home.
- [2003 Splinter and the '03 Turtles gasp in surprise to find 2003 Michelangelo playing around with their '87 counterparts]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Noogie!
- 2003 Raphael: The sooner, the better!
- [The Turtles are at the Purple Dragons' lair picking up some equipment when they confront a mutated Hun.]
- Hun: [fighting 1988 Michelangelo] Now I look in the mirror and all I see is you! [punches '87 Michelangelo away]
- 1987 Michelangelo: Oh!
- Hun: And I hate you even more!
- '2003 Donatello: Hun, you don't understand. [Hun smacks '87 Donatello away]
- 1987 Donatello: Aah!
- 2003 Donatello: The Shredder, he– [his 80's counterpart hits him]
- Hun: [picks up the purple bag] Forget the Shredder. You're gonna pay for what you've done to me!
- '1987 Raphael: [to the camera/viewer(s); breaking the 4th wall] Some people just can't handle change.
- Hun: [looks at the camera in confusion and picks up '87 Raphael and violently shakes him] WHY DO YOU KEEP DOING THAT?! WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO? THERE'S NO ONE THERE!
- '2003 Raphael: You idiot.
- Hun: Aah!
- 2003 Raphael: There ain't gonna be anybody anywhere soon. Look!
- Mirage Mikey: So, you're supposed to be us... from other worlds...? I don't see it.
- Mirage Donnie: What's with the multi-colored headbands?
- Mirage Raph: Hmph, sellouts.
- '03 Raph: Uh... [grabs '88 Leonardo by the shell] Well, check out the initialized belt buckles on these yahoos.
- '88 Turtles: Hey!
- '03 Raph: How lame can a turtle get, am I right? [his '84 Mirage counterpart grabs and shoves him forward] Hey, ow! Geez, what a hardcase! [sees the '88 Turtles smile at him] What?
- '88 Turtles: Nothing.
- [The giant-sized 2003 Utrom Shredder just got clipped by his own destructor beam]
- '1987 Donatello: Looks like we just found something he's vulnerable to!
- [The Mirage Turtles jump off the 2003 Utrom Shredder]
- Mirage Raphael: Yeah, turtles!
- '2003 Donatello: The Technodrome!
- Krang: Hmm... Go figure.
- Mirage Donatello: I'm gonna miss those wannabes.
- Mirage Michelangelo: Yeah, I kinda dug the initials on the belt buckles.
- Mirage Raphael: Hmph, you would. I could go for a slice, though.
- Mirage Leonardo: There's that place on Bleecker. [The Mirage Turtles jump off the building and run] We are the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. We strike hard and fade away into the night. [Scene ends with the Turtles in their signature jumping pose, which becomes a promotional poster of the original comics]
- Peter Laird: I think this first issue is coming along rather well, don't you, Kev?
- Kevin Eastman: Yeah, sure do, Pete. Hey, let's get back to this after lunch, huh?
- Peter: Hmmm, sounds good. Pizza?
- Kevin: Yeah, pizza.
- Pete: Oh, I hope this thing sells.
- Kev: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. [chuckles]
- [As Kevin and Peter leave for lunch, the camera pans to the cover of the comics' first issue.]
- [Inside the Technodrome, '87 Shredder is giving Ch'rell a tour around the fortress.]
- 1987 Shredder: [to Ch'rell] And this is our engine room. [Ch'rell (being carried by Foot Soldier) looks around with a snarl on his face, showing he's not pleased.] Currently under repair unfortunately. [1987 Shredder gets a call on his com link.] Oh, please excuse me, most honored guest. [turns around to answer the com link.]
- Ch'rell: [growls]
- 1987 Shredder: [to Krang] Krang, what's taking so long? I can't keep this alien entertained forever.
- Krang: You should've thought of that... [burps] ...before you brought it here. This is all your fault.
- [behind '87 Shredder, Ch'rell begins to growl impatiently.]
- Ch'rell: [growling]
- 1987 Shredder: My fault?! What are you talking about?!
- Ch'rell: I wish to see the trans-dimensional portal device you spoke of. NOW!
- 1987 Shredder: [turns around] A moment... uh, sir. [turns back to Krang] Krang?!
- Krang: Oh it's ready, [chuckles smugly] Mighty Shredder. Just give the word.
- 1987 Shredder: [put a gas mask over his mask] The word you smug slug is given.
- Krang: [chuckles, hangs up]
- [green smoke appears from the air vents of the engine room and the doors slam shut. Ch'rell growls, knowing this is a trick. The Foot Soldier carrying him tries to make a run towards the other open door, but it slams shut too.]
- Ch'rell: [turns to 1987 Shredder] You!
- [1987 Shredder backs away in fear from the Utrom as he growls and breaks free from the Foot Soldier and tackles '80s Shredder to ground, strangling him.]
- Ch'rell: Little man, you have made a grave! A grave. [begins foaming at the mouth, grunts] Grave... [the Utrom finally falls unconscious on '87 Shredder's head.]
- 1987 Shredder: [grunts as he picks up the knocked out Ch'rell and throws him on the floor, panting.]
- [scene changes to 80s Shredder with unconscious Ch'rell in a container of liquid in the Technodrome's main room with Krang, Rocksteady and Bebop.]
- 1987 Shredder: I thought he could help us defeat the turtles. But he-he's insane!
- Krang: [using his robot arms to open a box] Perhaps we may still learn something useful by... [burps, opens the box revealing a sharp knife inside] dissecting it. Hmm?
- [an alarm goes off, alerting the '87 TMNT villains.]
- Computer: Intruder alert, Intruder alert.
- 1987 Shredder: Not those blasted turtles again!
- [an explosion occurs at the door in front of them and several Foot Soldier pieces are flung into the room. A yell is heard, coming from Karai who flips into the main room, glaring at everyone. Everyone gasps at her as she sees her father in the liquid jar he is in.]
- Karai: [yells as she flips again and breaks Ch'rell free from the jar he was in] I am called Karai.
- Krang: [gasps as he and 80s Shredder flinch at the sight of her swords]
- Karai: I am his daughter.
- 1987 Shredder: [to Krang] Not much of a family resemblance. [Krang smiles at the comment but is soon shocked as he watches Karai kicks '87 Shredder in the gut away.]
- Krang: [gasps]
- Karai: [points her swords to Krang] Will "you" be a nuisance as well?
- Krang: [burps] Never, charming lady.
- Karai: I have gone from great lengths to keep visual over my father. But today he vanished from my monitoring systems. When I was able to relocate him... [behind Karai, Bebop & Rocksteady attempt to attack her from behind. But Karai, sensing a sneak attack, quickly turns around and kicks Rocksteady and Bebop in the stomach to the ground with two simple kicks.] He was here. How is this so? [points her swords to '87 Shredder]
- 1987 Shredder: [flenching from the swords] Aah! The M-Ma-Matter Transporter. We beamed him here!
- Karai: [sees the Matter Transporter and walks up to it] This technology is now property of the Foot! With it I will restore my Father, The One True Shredder TO GLORY!!
- 1987 Shredder: "One True"? Now wait just... [Karai kicks him away in the gut once again and falls on Krang and they both fall on top of Rocksteady and Bebop. Karai places her swords into her shealth and walks up to the console.]
- Krang: Another fine mess you've gotten us into.
- 1987 Shredder: [annoyed] Oh, shut up.
|Characters||'84 Mirage comics||80's Cartoon||2003 TV show|
|Leo(nardo)||Jason Griffith||Dan Green||Michael Sinterniklaas|
|Clay Adams||Tony Salerno||Sam Riegel|
|Raph(ael)||Sean Schemmel||Sebastian Arcelus||Greg Abbey|
|Bradford Cameron||Johnny Castro||Wayne Grayson|
|David Wills||Load Williams||Scottie Ray|
|Splinter||David Wills||Darren Dunstan|
|April O'Neil||Rebecca Soler||Veronica Taylor|
|Casey Jones||Marc Thompson|
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|