Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) (season 1)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Leonardo: (Narrating) My name is Leonardo. And right now, my brothers and I are in a mess of trouble. Our backs are up against the wall in some trash thrown alley. Cornered by the toughest street gang on the east side.
- Johnny - Purple Dragon Gang Leader: Look at the freaks!
- Two Ton: What's with the dweeby costumes?
- Purple Dragon Member: This ain't Halloween!
- Johnny - Purple Dragon Gang Leader: You're going down, freaks! Nobody messes with the Purple Dragons! Especially wearing stupid turtle costumes!
- Leo: (Narrating) He's wrong. We're not wearing costumes.
- Master Splinter: Well done, Leonardo.
- Raphael: (to Leo) Teacher's pet.
- Leonardo: (to Raph) Ninja dropout.
- Michelangelo and Donatello: Oooooo!
- Splinter: My sons! (sighs) My sons, if you are to become true ninja, you must work harder. Your path in life will not be an easy one. The outside world will not be a friendly place for you. You four are different in ways the surface dwellers would never understand. To survive, you must master these skills I teach you. Ninjitsu powers of stealth and secrecy. You must become kage; shadow warriors. And you must never be discovered by the outside world.
A Better Mousetrap
- Donatello: (Narrating) May not look like much, but this tin toy can chomp his way through steel and concrete like Michelangelo through a pizza. A bunch of these Mouser robots saw fit to trash our old lair and nearly turned our sensei into robo chow.
- [April screams in the distance]
- Don: (Narrating) I look at these incredible machines and the techno geek in me can't help thinking 'awesome.' But the ninja in me can't help thinking 'payback'.
- Donatello: "Turtle Cave"? That is so lame.
- Michelangelo: What would you call our new digs? The Shell-ter?
- Don: Uh...how about "The Sewer of Solitude"?
- Mikey: "Terrapin Station"?
- Don: "The School for Gifted Reptiles"?
- Mikey: "The Hall of Nin-Justice"?
- Master Splinter: Ahem. We will call this place...home.
- Mikey: Hm, catchy.
Attack of the Mousers
- Michelangelo: (Narrating) A very wise frog once said, "It's not easy being green," but believe me, he didn't know the half of it. In the past 48 hours my brothers and I have been attacked by killer robots, had our home caved in on us, and had a serious butt-kicking ninja battle with some deadly ninja assassins, made a shell-raising escape, found a new place to live, [This is beyond awesome!] …and were attacked by even more killer robots. (April screams) Oh, and we also managed to perform our very first ninja rescue. This is the closest any of us have ever been to a human being, and it raises one very big question: [Can we keep her?]
- Master Splinter: From a battered book on Renaissance art that I fished out of the storm drain, I chose names for each of them. Leonardo. Donatello. Raphael. Michelangelo. Together they are...
- Turtles: Turtles Forever!
- [Together the Turtles high five]:
- Michelangelo: (to April) Or something like that, that we all yell at once.
Meet Casey Jones
- Raphael: (Narrating) I guess you could call it fate, but I've finally met somebody as angry as I am, and he was really making me mad. My name is Raphael, and the bozo in the hockey mask is about to find out just how angry I can be!
- Michelangelo: See Don, we can have our very own Battle Shell. I've even got a name for it. I call it "The Battle Shell"! I've got it all figured out. Turbo-boosters, double-action traction, cool secret thingies shooting out the back. We should be tricking out the armored car!
- Donatello: By "we", you mean me. And I don't have the time. There's too much to do around here. [Grabs the picture and crumples it up to toss it] Besides, where would we keep the thing?
- Mikey: We could find a place. Just think of overhauling the wheels. Please? Please please please please? Did I mention you're my favorite turtle?
- Master Splinter: [Holding two planks] Ssshhh. Leonardo is working on perfecting his Ninjutsu skills. Perhaps something you two should consider? (Turns to Leo) Leonardo, leaping split-kick! [Leo jumps up and attempts the move, but cannot do it] Try again, my son. It will come with practice.
- Mikey: (Impersonating Splinter's voice) Donatello. Donatello. If you build it, we will ride. (Normal voice) In turtle-style!
- Don: [Grabs a "Sewer Sweet Sewer" sign and hammer] Here, motor-mouth. Make yourself useful. (Mikey moans) Hang this up someplace nice.
- Donatello: (Narrating) My name is Donatello, and I'm usually into building things. This particular thing, I'd like to take apart, real fast… before it takes us apart.
- [The Turtles search for the Nanobot in the junk yard]:
- Donatello: Where is that thing? The locater says it should be right here.
- Michelangelo: I know it's been used before guys, but I'm gettin' a baaaaaad feeling about this.
- [The Nanobot uses stolen goods to become bigger]:
- Mikey: And now I'm getting an even badder feeling about this.
Darkness on the Edge of Town
- Donatello: (Narrating) My name is Donatello, and right now I'm learning just how long I can hold my breath. That vibrocannon is seriously messing up the East River, if this keeps up, the whole South Street Seaport could go crumbling into the water. I'd be fascinated by the technology, if I wasn't otherwise occupied.
- [The Turtles show Master Splinter the symbol of the Foot Clan]:
- Leonardo: What does the symbol mean, Master Splinter?
- Master Splinter: Trouble.
- Raphael: You know something about these ninjas? Where do they come from? Who do they work for?
- Michelangelo: And what do they want with a magic sword?
- Donatello: Nope, not magic. Probably more like a self-perpetuating oscillation frequency generator.
- Mikey: Uh...in English, Einstein?
- Don: It packs a shockwave that will knock you flat on your shell.
- Raph: We gotta go after these creeps!
- Splinter: No. A wise ninja does not seek out an enemy he does not fully understand.
- Leo: But sensei, Bushido demands that we fight for honor and justice and-
- Splinter: Bushido also demands that that you honor your master's wishes. I will meditate upon this matter further. Goodnight.
- Mikey: Aww, under-grounded again!
The Way of Invisibility
- Raphael: (Narrating) Ever see one of those old movies where the private eye wakes up after being knocked out cold? He always says the same thing: (Ugh, where am I?) Okay, so it's not exactly original, but it's true, I have no idea where I am. Is this an operating room? Torture chamber? TV game show? Last thing I remember, I was battling a bunch of street thugs with Casey. (Hey. Where is Casey? Agh!) Okay, definitely not the game show.
- Master Splinter: A creative mind must be balanced by a disciplined body. We must learn stillness and alertness. For they are the only defense against the unexpected.
- Casey Jones: (Narrating) I guess you could say I'm having a bad hair day, and a bad head day, and a bad neck day, and a bad shoulder day, and a bad pretty much everything right down to my pinky toe day. That walking landmass down there, I have him to thank for my current full body makeover.
- Hun: Tonight's cage match championship will determine which team will win the honor of ridding the Purple Dragons of our most hated enemy.
- Thug #1: Huh? I don't get it. Who's that guy?
- [Hun puts Casey's mask on his face]
- Thug #2: It's the vigilante!
- Casey: :(Narrating) But somehow, I get the feeling it's about to get a whole lot worse.
- Angel: Let go of me, creep!
- Casey Jones: Angel, wait! [Grabs her foot and takes off his mask] It's me! Casey!
- Angel: (Surprised) Casey? [Drops down from the fence] What are you doing here?
- Casey: Stopping you from making the biggest mistake of your life.
- Angel: What? The Purple Dragons? [Slightly chuckles] No, they're my posse. My family.
- Casey: But you got real family at home.
- Angel: Yeah, well who asked you, loser? If I wanna be a Purple Dragon, it's my own business!
- Casey: [Takes out his hockey stick] Until you start breaking the law. [Points the stick at the money bag on the ground] Then it's my business.
- Angel: [Picks up the bag] Yeah, well I don't see no badge on you!
- Casey: And I don't see no dragon on you. [Puts his hockey stick away] Not yet. So why don't you quit while you still got a chance?
- Angel: I ain't quitting nothing! Tonight was my first test. Tomorrow I pass my initiation. And then I'm gonna wear my dragon with pride. [Puts her hand on her chest then walks away]
- Casey: [Following her] That dragon comes with a price. You don't know what you're getting yourself mixed up in.
- Angel: (Sarcastically) Yeah, maybe you're right! [Knocks Casey down with the bag and runs towards the fence] But I can still take care of myself! [Climbs over the fence and runs away]
- Raphael: [Runs up to Casey with the other turtles] Casey, what happened? Who was that girl?
- Casey: [Gets up] Her name's Angel. I know her from the neighborhood. I promised her grandma I'd keep an eye on her. Keep her outta trouble.
- Leonardo: So she's a Purple Dragon?
- Casey: (Determined) Not if I can help it.
- Donatello: (Narrating) Here's another fine mess we've gotten ourselves into...literally. This has been one strange night, believe me, but no matter how weird it's been up 'til now, we never expected this…
- Garbageman: (to Homeless slaves) Before I brought you to this island, you were nothing but human garbage. No home, no purpose, no value. But now, I have recycled you, given you work sifting through the refuse that this city stupidly squanders to build my fortune. Behold the birth of my empire invisible to the outside world until it is too late!
- The Professor: I'd rather be a free man living on the street, than a slave in your stinking empire!
The Shredder Strikes
Part 1 [1.10]
- Leonardo: (Narrating) In our ninja training, Master Splinter is constantly telling us that when given two choices, always choose the harder path. But somehow, when you're a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, the harder path always seems to choose you.
- [While finishing his story about the Shredder.]
- Master Splinter: I never told you all this because I didn't want your training to be tainted by the poison of hatred. I did not want you to feel the sorrow that is still in my heart. But, now, you need to know who Saki, The Shredder, really is. He serves no great purpose, he fights no great evil. He is great evil. Any endeavor he undertakes, he does for his own selfish gain.
Part 2 [1.11]
- Leonardo: (Narrating) Well, it took me awhile, but I managed to see Oroku Saki for who he really is, the Shredder. Of course, to get to this point, we have to fight a bunch of Foot Ninja, which wasn't easy. Then, we had to go up against Hun again, definitely not easy. But the real nightmare is about to begin; now, we have to face the Shredder, and something tells me, this is really not going to be easy.
- Splinter: Remember, my sons, even the mighty oak bends before the raging storm winds.
- Michelangelo: Huh?
- Splinter: (facepalms and sighs) Be careful and do not become overconfident!
The Unconvincing Turtle Titan
- Michelangelo: (Narrating) Nope, you haven't tuned into the wrong show. That's me, Mikey, under the cape and cowl. The flying dude up in the sky, his name's Silver Sentry. We're in the middle of our first superhero type team up - he just doesn't know it yet. You'd think an earthbound turtle like me would have a rough time keeping up with a guy who can soar through the sky like an eagle, and you know what? You'd be right.
- [ Leo, Donnie and Raph scrutinize Mikey's Super Turtle costume sketches, mocking]
- Raphael: What's this, the "Nin-Justice League"?
- Donatello: More like the "Shell-Tastic 4"!
- Leonardo: "The Legion of Sewer Heroes"!
Notes from the Underground
Part 1 [1.13]
- Michelangelo: (Narrating) What, you might ask yourself, would any sane turtle be doing in an abandoned subway tunnel deep under the city? A tunnel so decayed, it's going to collapse from just one little noise, and a huge weird thing howling at us at the top of its lungs. Funny, I'm asking myself the same question.
- [The Turtles see something trigger the sewer tunnel alarm]
- Donatello: Whoa!
- Leonardo: What in the?
- Raphael: Sewer rats are getting' bigger.
- Michelangelo: Yeah, time to cut the cheese!
- Leo: [facepalms]
- Mikey: That's not what I meant.
Part 2 [1.14]
- Donatello: (Narrating) My name is Donatello, and as a turtle of science, I like to investigate things. But I never thought my study of the strange crystals we found in our lair would awaken creatures from the underground, lead us on a search deep below the Earth, or take us to an abandoned Foot Genetic Lab where terrible things were done in the name of the Shredder.
- Foot Scientist/Michelangelo: There are some things man was never meant to tamper with.
- Mikey: That's the one line in a monster movie you don't wanna hear.
- Don: (Narrating) As a turtle of science, you wouldn't think I'm the type to believe in monsters, but you'd be wrong, dead wrong.
Part 3 [1.15]
- Raphael: (Narrating) Meet Stone Biter, Razor Fist and Quarry. They may look like monsters, but these poor souls were once ordinary people 'til the Shredder's mad scientists performed horrible genetic experiments on 'em. Experiments that will eventually leave them mindless like these other examples of Shredder's handiwork. The only thing keeping Quarry and his pals safe is a crystal powered force field, but now the crystal's all burned out and the only place to get another one is the Forbidden Zone.
- Quarry: Something unspeakable dwells there amidst the crystals, it is a forbidden place.
- Raph: (Narrating) But we have no choice, so we all head down there anyway and that's when all shell breaks loose.
- Donatello: Hey?
- Raph: Donnie! (Narrating) Suddenly Donny's gone and I swear someone's gonna pay.
- Donatello: (Narrating) Being a Ninja Turtle, I've seen a lot crazy things in the past few years, but this really takes the prize. At first, I thought I was dreaming, then I wished I was. But this was no dream, this was definitely a nightmare.
The Shredder Strikes Back
Part 1 [1.17]
- Leonardo: (Narrating) There are times in your life when you draw on everything you have. Times when you reach down into the deepest part of yourself. When you know you gotta give it your all, because anything less won't get the job done. It's in times like these that you find out who you really are. That is, if you live long enough.
- [Donny and Raph are watching a football game.]
- Raphael: Panthers, rams, bears--they've even got dolphins! You'd think they'd have room for something more... reptilian.
- Don: The Turtles? My friend, unfortunately the lowly turtle has been saddled by society with the stereotype of being "velocity challenged."
- Raph: Say what?
Part 2 [1.18]
- Splinter: (Narrating) The worst has come to pass. My son Leonardo was out on a training exercise when he was ambushed and chased across the city by the dark forces of the Foot. He was returned to us broken and battered, only to deliver a terrible message.
- Leo: He's back… The Shredder.
- Splinter: (Narrating) I had foolishly thought the worst had come to pass, but now I fear it is yet to come.
- The Shredder: You freaks have been a thorn in my side long enough. No one opposes the Shredder. And now I will have my revenge for our last encounter. Say farewell to each other -- while you still can.
- Michelangelo: Oh yeah, Mr. Spikey-Pants? Well, you’re the one who should be saying... uh... farewell to, um… to yourself!
- Raph: (Being sarcastic) Oh yeah, Mikey. That got 'im.
Tales of Leo
- The Shredder: (Narrating) My revenge is complete. My hated enemies thought they had destroyed me, but I am not so easily destroyed. I was merely biding my time, awaiting the right moment for my ninja forces to strike.
- Donatello: Leo?
- Shredder: (Narrating) And they struck hard. They herded my enemies to me like sheep to the slaughter. And even though allies foolishly came to their aid, my enemies were forced to make a cowardly retreat. But vengeance was mine, nonetheless. At last, the turtles are no more!
The Monster Hunt
- Michelangelo: (Narrating) It is said that a terrible monster roams these woods. A creature from a forgotten age that brings terror and fear in the dark of night. Yes, there's a terrible monster roaming these woods, [And it's me, booga booga!"]
Return to New York
Part 1 [1.21]
- Raphael: (Narrating) Someone once said, "The only difference between men and boys is the size of their toys." Well if that's true, then I think I just became a man. Or at least an Adult Mutant Ninja Turtle. This particular playroom happens to belong to our sworn enemy, Oroku Saki a.k.a. the Shredder. The dudes with the disappearing act, they're called Foot Tech Ninjas—quick to act, tough to beat. We've been fighting our way up, floor by floor, to the top of Shredder's skyscraper of evil. It's kind of like a video game with lots of different levels, only there ain't no earning extra lives in this game.
Part 2 [1.22]
- Raphael: (Narrating) I gotta hand it to Donny. His camouflage system kept our lair hidden from Shredder's goons while we were outta town.
- Donatello: Welcome home everybody.
- Raph: (Narrating) And when we decided to mount an all out assault to finish off the Shredder for good, it was Donny who figured out how to do it. He used the Battle Shell as a decoy to get us into Shredder's high-rise of evil undetected.
- Hun: What? Empty.
- Raph: Nice remote control work, slick. (Narrating) Then he had some techno geek idea how to transfer the computer system controls to April while the rest of us engage in some serious butt-kicking ninja action. We had our hands full with the Foot Tech Ninjas, once again, Donatello's smarts helped finish them off.
- Donny: Instant short-circuit.
- Raph: (Narrating) But not even big-brained Donny could've be prepared for what we face next.
- Michelangelo: Did Shredder just wake up one day and say "I'm going to make some clones of myself! Really ugly ones!"
Part 3 [1.23]
- Leo: (Narrating) When we decided to return to New York and face the Shredder, we knew it wasn't going to be easy. It was gonna take everything we had and then some. But what we didn't know, what we couldn't have foreseen, was that fruitcake Baxter Stockman…
- Baxter Stockman: In the flesh.
- Leo: (Narrating) …Turning himself into some kind of ultra cyborg. Nevertheless, we have come here prepared to fight to the finish and that's exactly what we're gonna do.
- The Shredder: Ah, the power, I have almost forgotten! The Sword of Tengu! The sword in which I'd laid villages to waste, brought castles to ground, vanquish armies! The sword that I used to conquer Japan and give power to the Tokugawa clan! It is mine once more!!
Lone Raph and Cub
- Raphael: (Narrating) Man is this gonna be a long night. Two major problems: the first, is these guys, your basic criminal-type thugs, which normally wouldn't be a problem at all.
- Thug Leader: Hand him over, now.
- Raph: (Narrating) Except for the second problem…
- Kid: Come and get me, creepo!
- Raph: (Narrating) Some old guy once said, "Anybody who hates kids and dogs can't be all bad." Like I said, it's gonna be a long night.
- Raphael: [after catching up with Tyler after he ran off; twirling one of his sais] You can't sneak away from a ninja, kid.
- Tyler: Leave me alone!
- Raph: And you can't go messin' with those mob goons on your own. You're just a kid. You're gonna get hurt.
- Tyler: I told you I'm not a kid. And you're not the boss of me.
- Raph: Oh yeah?!
- Tyler: YEAH!
- Raph: OH YEAH?!
The Search for Splinter
Part 1 [1.25]
- Leo: (Narrating) The roar of the crowds, the smell of the greasepaint, the death defying thrill of the high-wire. Trust me, this is no circus and if you think it's tough for a Turtle to walk a tightrope, try four. If we fall, we're pavement paint, but if we make it, we just may finally find our missing Master Splinter. We also might learn the answer to a secret that's plagued us our entire lives—how and why we became Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- [Donatello has just distracted a security camera at TCRI with a pigeon finger puppet.]
- Michelangelo: I don't know what's scarier: the fact that that worked, or that Don carries around a pigeon puppet.
Part 2 [1.26]
- Raph: (Narrating) Here's what happened so far, try and keep up. After we wiped the floor with Shredder and his Foot fungus, we realized someone had taken Master Splinter. I tell you, we turned this city upside down looking for him, but he was nowhere. Then Donny had a thought.
- Don: What about the Guardians? If you think about it, right after Splinter disappeared, they disappeared.
- Raph: So we lured one of the Guardians into a conversation. [Our Master's missing, we intend to find him.] We knew the guy had answers, but he wouldn't talk, so we planted a Turtle tracker on him. We shadowed him into this plain-looking building and knew we'd need help getting inside. We got Casey to create a diversion by going nutso in the lobby.
- Casey Jones: Now I wanna see the head geek or I'm gonna take this place apart!
- Raph: (Narrating) He was a natural choice. And this allowed April to sneak into the security control room to deactivate the alarm sensors. She found us the only way in way up on the ninth floor.
- Donny: Some kind of hologram.
- Raph: (Narrating) But as usual, nothing ever goes as planned.
- Donny: Mikey, wait.
- Mikey: Whoa… uh oh. Yow!
- Donny: Mikey…
- Donny/Mikey: Ahhh!
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|