Star Trek Beyond
Star Trek Beyond (Paramount Pictures is a 2016 science fiction film, which is the 13th based on the popular science fiction television series, Star Trek: The Original Series. The film takes place in an alternate timeline, dealing with James T. Kirk and the USS Enterprise crew are marooned on a distant planet facing a new ruthless enemy.
- Directed by Justin Lin. Screenplay by Simon Pegg and Doug Jung.
James T. Kirk
- Captain's Log, stardate 2263.2. Today is our 966th day in deep space—a little under three years into our five-year mission. The more time we spend out here, the harder it is to tell where one day ends and the next one begins. It can be a challenge to feel grounded when even gravity is artificial. But well, we do what we can to make it feel like home. The crew, as always, continues to act admirably despite the rigors of our extended stay here in outer space... and the personal sacrifices they have made. We continue to search for new life-forms in order to establish firm diplomatic ties. Our extended time in uncharted territory has stretched the ship's mechanical capacities, but fortunately, our engineering department, led by Mr. Scott, is more than up to the job. The ship aside, prolonged cohabitation has definitely had effects on the interpersonal dynamics. Some experiences for the better... and some for the worse. As for me, things have started to feel a little... episodic. The farther out we go, the more I find myself wondering what it is we are trying to accomplish. If the universe is truly endless, then are we not striving for something forever out of reach? The Enterprise is scheduled for re-provisioning stop at Yorktown, the Federation's newest, most advanced Starbase. Perhaps a break from routine will offer up some respite from the mysteries of the unknown.
- There is no such thing as the unknown—only the temporarily hidden.
- Let's make some noise.
- Better to die saving lives than to live with taking them. That's what I was born into.
- We need confirmation that the weapon has been neutralized and Krall is dead!
Balthazar M. Edison
- Captain's Log... I don't remember the stardate. All distress calls unanswered. Of the crew, only three remain. I WON'T ALLOW IT! The indigenous race abandoned this planet long ago. They left behind sophisticated mining equipment and a drone workforce. They have some sort of technology that prolongs life. I will do whatever it takes for me and my crew. The Federation do not care about us. You'll probably never see me again. But if you do... be ready.
- [Upon reaching Starbase Yorktown]
- Chekov: Wow, that is impressive.
- Scotty: Aye, she's a beauty, isn't she?
- McCoy: What a damn monstrosity! Couldn't we just rent some space on a planet?
- Spock: Showing geographical favoritism among inducted Federation worlds could cause diplomatic tension.
- McCoy: Oh, you don't think that looks tense? Looks like a damn snowglobe in space, just waitin' to break!
- Kirk: [sighs] That's the spirit, Bones.
- [Uhura walks away and McCoy walks up to Spock]
- McCoy: You guys break up? What'd you do?
- Spock: A typically reductive inquiry, Doctor.
- McCoy: You know Spock, when an earth-girl says "it's me not you", it's definitely you. [walks away]
- Krall: What is your name?
- Uhura: How do you know our language?
- Krall: I know your kind.
- Uhura: I am Lieutenant Nyota Uhura of the USS Enterprise. And you have committed an act of war against the Federation.
- Krall: Federation? Federation is an act of war!
- Uhura: You attacked us.
- Krall: Your captain... why did you sacrifice yourself for him?
- Uhura: He would have done the same. And if he made it off that ship, he will come for us.
- Krall: I am counting on it, Lieutenant Uhura.
- Spock: You asked me why Lieutenant Uhura and I parted ways. I became concerned, in the light of Vulcan's demise, that I owed a debt of duty to my species.
- McCoy: You though you should be off making little Vulcans, huh? Yeah, I can see how that'd upset her.
- Spock: I intended to discuss it with her further, but then I received some news which affected me unexpectedly.
- McCoy: What news?
- Spock: Ambassador Spock has died.
- McCoy: [sighs] Spock, I am so sorry. I can't imagine what that must feel like.
- Spock: [saddened] When you've lived as many lives as he had, fear of death is illogical.
- McCoy: The fear of death is what keeps us alive.
- Spock: I want to live as he did. That is why I have decided to redirect his efforts and continue his work on New Vulcan.
- McCoy: [stunned] You're leaving Starfleet? Well, what did Jim have to say about that?
- Spock: I could not find the time to tell him.
- McCoy: Well, I can tell you, he's not gonna like that. Hell, I don't know what he'd do without you. Me- Y'know, me, on the other hand, I'd- I'd throw a party.
- [Spock begins to laugh]
- McCoy: [concerned] My god, you're getting delirious.
- [the crew has successfully reactivated the USS Franklin]
- Kirk: Mr. Sulu... you can... fly this thing, right?
- Sulu: [looks back at him; smug] You kiddin' me, sir?
- Kirk: Fantastic.
- [Jury-rigging Jaylah's sound system to disrupt the swarm]
- Jaylah: Do not break my music!
- Scotty: Break it? You're gettin' an upgrade!
- Kirk: What happened to you out there, Edison?
- Edison: Edison? I have to say, Kirk, I missed being me. We lost ourselves, but gained a purpose! A means to bring the galaxy back to the struggle that made humanity strong.
- Kirk: I think you underestimate humanity.
- Edison: I fought for humanity! Lost millions to the Xindi and Romulan wars. And for what? For the Federation?! To sit me in a captain's chair and break bread with the enemy!
- Kirk: We change. We have to. Or we spend the rest of our lives fighting the same battles.
- Kirk: Give up!
- Edison: What, like you did?! I read those Ship's Logs, Captain James T. Kirk! At least I know what I am! I'm a soldier!
- Kirk: You won the war, Edison! You gave us peace!
- [Edison notices the glass shards behind Kirk floating towards the central hub]
- Edison: Peace... is not what I was born into.
- [at Kirk's birthday bash]
- Kirk: I heard about Ambassador Spock. Is that what you wanted to mention during that time in the turbolift?
- Spock: More or less. I trust your meeting with Commodore Paris went well.
- Kirk: More or less.
- McCoy: [to Kirk and Spock] You really want to head back up there, huh?
- [as the USS Enterprise-A is constructed]
- Captain Jean-Luc Picard: Space... The final frontier...These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: To explore strange new worlds...To seek out new life and new civilizations...To boldly go where no one has gone before.
|Chris Pine||Captain James T. Kirk|
|Zachary Quinto||Commander Spock|
|Karl Urban||Lieutenant Commander Leonard McCoy|
|Zoe Saldana||Lieutenant Nyota Uhura|
|Simon Pegg||Lieutenant Commander Montgomery Scott|
|John Cho||Lieutenant Hikaru Sulu|
|Anton Yelchin||Ensign Pavel Chekov|
|Idris Elba||Captain Balthazar Edison / Krall|
|Joe Taslim||Anderson Le / Manas|
|Lydia Wilson||Jessica Wolff / Kalara|
|Melissa Roxburgh||Ensign Syl|
|Shohreh Aghdashloo||Commodore Paris|
|Greg Grunberg||Commander Finnegan|
|Shea Whigham||Teenaxi Leader|
|Patrick Stewart||Jean-Luc Picard|
|Creator||Gene Roddenberry (1921–1991)|
|Television series||Star Trek (1966–1969) · The Animated Series (1973–1974) · The Next Generation (1987–1994) · Deep Space Nine (1993–1999) · Voyager (1995–2001) · Enterprise (2001–2005) · Discovery (2017–) · Picard (2020–)|
|Feature films||The Original Series||The Motion Picture (1979) · The Wrath of Khan (1982) · The Search for Spock (1984) · The Voyage Home (1986) · The Final Frontier (1989) · The Undiscovered Country (1991)|
|The Next Generation||Generations (1994) · First Contact (1996) · Insurrection (1998) · Nemesis (2002)|
|Reboot series||Star Trek (2009) · Into Darkness (2013) · Beyond (2016)|
|Video games||Borg (1996) · Klingon Academy (2000)|
|Proverbs||Klingon · Vulcan|
|Other||Star Trek franchise · Last words in Star Trek media · Jean-Luc Picard· Phase II|