Last words in Star Trek media
The numerous deaths across all different media in the Star Trek universe have yielded many last words.
- 1 Films
- 1.1 Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- 1.2 Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- 1.3 Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984)
- 1.4 Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
- 1.5 Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991)
- 1.6 Star Trek: Generations (1994)
- 1.7 Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
- 1.8 Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
- 1.9 Star Trek Nemesis (2002)
- 1.10 Star Trek (2009)
- 1.11 Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- 1.12 Star Trek Beyond (2016)
- 2 Television series
Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979)
- Jim, I want this. As much as you wanted the Enterprise, I want this.
- Who: Captain Willard Decker
- Notes: Decker merged with Ilia-probe.
- Report to you, sir?
- Who: Commander Sonak
- Notes: Sonak said it to Kirk moments before he was killed by a transporter malfunction while beaming to the Enterprise.
- Deflectors, emergency full! We are under attack!
- Who: Commander Branch
- One minute, thirty seconds to Cloud boundary.
- Who: Lieutenant Ilia
- (in Klingonese) Fire!
- Who: Klingon Commander of the IKC Amar
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)
- Sir, it is difficult... I... I tried to obey but... [Khan: Kill him!] I... ARGH! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!! [Khan: Kill him, Terrell, now!]
- Who: Captain Clark Terrell
- No... no you can't get away. From hell's heart, I stab at thee... For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee...
- I have been... and always shall be... your friend. Live long... and prosper.
- Who: Spock, before dying of radiation poisoning
- Notes: Spock was later resurrected.
- What the hell's going on? When do I get paid off?
- Who: Merchantman Captain
- The Merchantman vessel was then destroyed by a Klingon bird of prey.
- Success, Commander. And my love.
- Who: Valkris
- Valkris was aboard the Merchantman vessel; she transmitted data regarding the Genesis Project to Commander Kruge, and informed him that she had seen it, knowing that this would result in Kruge destroying the Merchantman vessel.
- We are under attack! Stand by for evasive!
- Who: Captain Estaban
- Yes sir. But the bridge seems to be run by computer. It is the only thing that is speaking.
- Who: Torg
- Torg and a Klingon boarding party intercepted the Enterprise, unaware that the ship was set to self-destruct. They are then killed in the resulting explosion.
- Give me Genesis!
- Who: Commander Kruge
- Kruge and Kirk are engaged in hand-to-hand combat on the Genesis Planet, as it slowly disintegrates around them; Kirk then pushes Kruge off a cliff into a river of lava.
Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
- I couldn't help but notice your pain. [God of Sha-Ka-Ree: My pain?] It runs deep, share it with me.
- Who: Sybok
- Don't let it end this way, Captain.
- Who: Chancellor Gorkon, mortally wounded by two Starfleet officers.
- To be...or, not to be...
- Who: General Chang; Chang has been quoting Shakespeare at different points throughout the film.
- Kill him, he's the one! (Kirk: Not me, you idiot. Him!!) NOOOOOOO!!!
- Martia, disguised as Kirk.
Star Trek: Generations (1994)
- Picard! Get away from that launcher! Now!
- Who: Dr. Tolian Soran
- Sir, their hull is collapsing! [Kirk: Beam them out of there, Scotty.]
- Who: Enterprise-B conn officer
- Least I could do... for the captain of the Enterprise. It was... fun. Oh, my.
- Who: Captain Kirk
Star Trek: First Contact (1996)
- Captain! Help... please, help...
- Who: Ensign who is assimilated by the Borg
- Notes: Captain Picard euthanizes him with a phaser on lethal setting.
- Watch your future's end. [after realizing the torpedoes miss Cochrane's ship.]] DATA! [Data: Resistance is futile.]
- Who: The Borg Queen
- Notes: The Borg Queen is thinking she has won, until Data has made the torpedoes miss.
- Well if we set our phasers to full power, we... [Picard: No. There's a risk that we hit the dish. It's charged with anti-protons. We could destroy half the ship. We have to find another way.]
- Who: Lieutenant Hawk
- Hello? Hey! [Eiger: Are you talking to me?] Is there any one else working maintenance in this section? [Eiger: Not that I know of.] AAAAHHHHH!!!
- Who: Paul Porter
- Paul? Paul? Are you okay in there? AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
- Who: Eiger
Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
- If you launch the injector while the planet is still populated, the Federation will pursue you until...
- Who: Vice Admiral Matthew Dougherty
- Notes: Character is trying to talk Ru'afo down from launching the injector while Ba'ku is still inhabited, but Ru'afo refuses to listen and executes him by stretching his face fatally.
- STOP! [Picard: Ru'afo, we're getting too old for this.] After today... that won't be a problem... for either of us. [Computer Voice: Separation in thirty seconds. Picard: You're really going to risk igniting the exhaust? All right, I will!] NOOOOOOOOOO!
- Who: Adhar Ru'afo
Star Trek Nemesis (2002)
- I'm glad we're together now. Our destiny's complete.
- Who: Shinzon
- Who: Data
- Lieutenant! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!
- Who: U.S.S. Kelvin Crewmember
- Where are you from?
- Who: Captain Richard Robau
- Note: Nero has ordered Robau to board Nero's ship, and asks Robau the whereabouts of Ambassador Spock. When Ayel asks the star date, Robau asks this, and is then impaled by Nero.
- I love you.
- Who: George Kirk
- Note: Said to his wife before his ship crashes into the Narada.
- 1000 meters!
- Who: Chief Engineer Olson
- Note: Olson, along with Kirk and Sulu, was making a space jump to the Narada's Drill. Olson doesn't pull his chute until the last moment; as a result, he crashes onto the platform, before falling over and getting disintegrated by the drill.
- Who: Amanda Grayson
- You can't even speak... [Kirk grunts] What?
- Who: Ayel
- Note: Ayel is strangling Kirk and mocking the fact that Kirk can't even speak, when Kirk says something. When Ayel asks what he said, Kirk replies "I got your gun" before shooting Ayel through the chest and killing him instantly.
- I would rather suffer the end of Romulus a thousand times. I would rather die in agony, than accept assistance from you.
- Who: Nero
- Note: Nero's ship was being destroyed by a black hole, and Kirk offered him a chance to evacuate. Nero adamantly refused, and Kirk ordered the Enterprise to open fire, accelerating the destruction of Nero's ship and killing him. Nero was from the future, where the Starfleet Enterprise had offered assistance in saving his planet from destruction via a black hole, but they failed, which is what drove him to come back in time motivated by revenge, and why he decided he would rather die than accept assistance from them.
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- We need an Air Defense Team! Daystrom Conference Room!
- Who: Admiral Christopher Pike
- Why should I care about a Human killing Humans?
- Who: Klingon leader
- For what?
- Who: Starfleet Private Security guard
- Note: Character is ejected off the Vengeance by Scotty, who apologized before doing it.
- War is coming, and who's gonna lead us? You?! If I'm not in charge, our entire way of life is decimated! So, you want me off this ship? You better kill me.
- Who: Admiral Alexander Marcus
- Note: Marcus's skull is crushed by Khan.
- I want to tell you why I couldn't let you die. Why I went back for you.
- Who: Captain James T. Kirk
- Note: Kirk is revived by Khan's blood later in the movie.
Star Trek Beyond (2016)
- (Kirk: What did Krall want with this thing?) To save you from yourselves.
- Who: Jessica "Kalara" Wolff
- Who: Ensign Syl
- They will leave you here.
- Who: Anderson "Manas" Le
- Who: Balthazar "Krall" Edison
Star Trek: The Original Series (1966-1969)
- I want to stay...
- Who: Charlie Evans
- No! No! No, I'm not ready! I'm not ready!
- Who: Lazarus
- For a moment, James, but your moment is fading.
- Who: Lt. Commander Gary Mitchell
- I'm sorry. You can't know what it's like to be almost a god.
- Who: Dr. Elizabeth Dehner
- I want to live! I want to live!
- Who: Evil Captain James T. Kirk
- A commander is responsible for the lives of his crew... and for their deaths. Well...I should have died with mine.
- Who: Commodore Matt Decker
- Note: The last thing he says, ignoring the pleas of others, as he pilots a hijacked shuttlecraft into the maw of the planet killer in a kamikaze attack.
- These things cannot be real. Hallucinations can't harm us. Go back to where you were.
- Who: Dr. Leonard McCoy
- Note: He is stabbed by the Black Knight later be revived.
- Mister Earp. Get your hands off her.
- Who: Ensign Pavel Chekov
- Note: He is shot by a western man but he is later revived.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (1987-1994)
- All hands abandon ship! Repeat, all hands abandon-
- Who: Captain Jean-Luc Picard
- Note: Orders this as the Enterprise, after colliding with the Bozeman, begins to catch fire. The Vessel explodes as he issues the Order. ("Cause and Effect")
- We have to get out of here now.
- Who: Counselor Deanna Troi
- Note: She said it to Captain Picard before the Bozeman collided with the Enterprise's starboard nacelle, destroying the ship, killing everyone on board. ("Cause and Effect")
- Don't try and stop me! No, no, let go!
- Who: Counselor Deanna Troi
- Note: She yelled it while she is aging and eventually Dr. Crusher kills her in order to get Ambassador Alkar to bound with another woman. She is later revived after the effects of Alkar's empathic connection had reversed. ("Man of the People")
- We seek peaceful co-existence.
- Who: Commander Dexter Remmick ("Conspiracy")
- Load torpedo bays.
- Who: Captain Rachel Garrett ("Yesterday's Enterprise")
- Enough! We have people who need attention. We won't hurt you, but we must help them.
- Who: Lt. Natasha Yar ("Skin of Evil")
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993-1999)
- Maintain all... ARGH!
- Who: Vulcan Captain of the USS Saratoga
- Bridge to Engineering: get that port nacelle back online! Keogh to runabouts: we've got what we came for. We better fall back before we...
- Who: Captain Keogh of the USS Odyssey
- Note: Last transmission from the captain of the Odyssey before the ship's communications array was knocked out. Moments later, the Odyssey was destroyed in a ramming attack by a Jem'Hadar fighter.
- You're too late. We're everywhere.
- Who: Changeling aboard the Defiant
- Note: Whispered these words to Odo while dying, taunting him about the Founders' infiltration of the Alpha Quadrant.
- For you, and for the boy that I was. He needs you, more than you know. Don't you see? We're going to get a second... chance.
- Who: Jake Sisko
- Note: In an alternate future, an elderly Jake committed suicide over his time-displaced father's objections, knowing this would send Captain Sisko back and prevent his death in the first place.
- Who: Michael Eddington
- Note: Eddington called out his wife's name before he died.
- Our baby would've been so beautiful...
- Who: Jadzia Dax
- Who: Damar
- Note: Killed while attempting to storm Dominion headquarters.
- Farewell, Adami.
Star Trek: Voyager (1995-2001)
- The self-destruct program has been damaged. Now, this installation will not be destroyed. But it must be. The Kazon must not be allowed to gain control of it. They will annihilate the Ocampa.
- Who: The Caretaker
- My minute isn't up!
- Chakotay, I'm giving it one last try. Yes!
- Who: Ensign Harry Kim
- Note: Said in response to B'Elanna Torres's warning as she implored with him to leave the dangerous area. However, Kim refused to do so, instead trying to seal off a hull breach, and was blown into space. He was replaced by a Harry Kim from an alternate Voyager which had come into being via an interstellar phenomenon.
- Note: Second quote is from a future Harry who alters the past to save Voyager, and therefore erases himself from time. The delta flier is still shown exploding, presumably killing him before time is altered.
- Hello. I am Captain Kathryn Janeway. Welcome to the bridge..
- Who: Captain Kathryn Janeway
- Note: This was a Janeway created on a duplicate Voyager due to interstellar phenomenon. She destroyed her ship to save the other Voyager from the Vidiians, who intended to harvest their organs.
- You will adapt.
- Who: One/1
- Note: It is unknown whether his name is spelled One, or simply 1.
- Note: This was said in response to Seven of Nine saying "You're hurting me." Because he was letting himself die to save Voyager from being pursued by the Borg trying to recapture him.
- They'll survive. Captain Janeway and I made sure of that. It's you who underestimated us.
- Who: Kathryn Janeway
- Note: Admiral Janeway of the 25th Century was killed by the Borg Queen after ensuring the success of the Captain Janeway in the 24th Century.
- ...and nothing that you've done here today will happen.
- Who: Borg Queen
- Note: The Queen died after being infected by a pathogen by the Admiral.
- Note: She had sent a Borg Sphere after Voyager to attempt to disrupt the current timeline, and prevent the future from happening.
Star Trek: Enterprise (2001-2005)
- Hard to port!
- Who: Charles Tucker
- Note: Said just before the Xindi ship destroyed the NX-01 bridge in the alternate timeline where the Xindi destroyed the Earth.
|Creator||Gene Roddenberry (1921–1991)|
|Television series||Star Trek (1966–1969) · The Animated Series (1973–1974) · The Next Generation (1987–1994) · Deep Space Nine (1993–1999) · Voyager (1995–2001) · Enterprise (2001–2005)|
|Feature films||The Original Series|| The Motion Picture (1979) · The Wrath of Khan (1982) · The Search for Spock (1984) · The Voyage Home (1986) · The Final Frontier (1989) · The
Undiscovered Country (1991)
|The Next Generation||Generations (1994) · First Contact (1996) · Insurrection (1998) · Nemesis (2002)|
|Reboot series||Star Trek (2009) · Into Darkness (2013) · Beyond (2016)|
|Fan productions||Drama|| Hidden Frontier (2000–2007) · Starship Exeter (2002, 2014) · Phase II (2004–present) · Intrepid (2007–2008) · Odyssey (2007–) · Excelsior (2007–present) · Starship Farragut
(2007–present) · Continuing Mission (2007–present) · Of Gods and Men (2008) · Phoenix (2010–present) · Continues (2013–present) · Prelude to Axanar (2014) · Renegades
(2015) · Axanar (2016)
|Parody||Star Wreck (feature film) (1992–present) · Steam Trek: The Moving Picture (1994) · Redshirt Blues (2001)|
|Video games||Borg (1996) · Klingon Academy (2000)|
|Documentaries|| Trekkies (1997) · Mind Meld (2001) · Trekkies 2 (2004) · How William Shatner Changed the World (2005) · Star Trek: Beyond the Final Frontier (2007) · The Captains (2011) · Trek
Nation (2011) · To Be Takei (2014)
|Proverbs||Klingon · Vulcan|
|Science||The Physics of Star Trek (1995) by Lawrence M. Krauss · Beyond Star Trek (1997) by Lawrence M. Krauss|
|Other||Star Trek franchise · Last words in Star Trek media · Jean-Luc Picard|