Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (also known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles In Time) is the third feature film in the popular franchise and was released in 1993. The movie follows the adventure of the titular heroes after their discovery of a magic scepter sends them back in time to Feudal-era Japan.
Michelangelo / Mikey
- Uh-oh turtle tantrum.
- [To Kenshin] How did you get in April's pants?
- (recovering) My legs hurt. My arms hurt. My spots hurt. Even my bandana hurts.
- (getting ready to jump into a burning building) I don't think I'm cut out for this hero stuff.
- (After escaping the burning building) Kurt Russell, eat your heart out!
- (demonstrating a pizza to a villager) Ahhhh. Pi-zza. Got that, dude? Pizza! (takes a bite, but can't break the burnt crust) Frisbee, also cool. (throws it)
- What if we make a major U-turn and wind up in Godzilla-land?
- Oh, he who dings the shell must pay!
- Smells like a geek ran through here.
Raphael / Raph
- Ahh, nature. I love it. Makes me want to, I don't know, migrate or something.
- Hey, Kid, you gotta control that temper. Did I say that?
- Fightin's for grown-ups and that's only if you got no other choice.
- Son of a snapper!
- [Imitating Arnold Schwarzenegger] I'll be back.
- Hey, It's wet willy time Moe.
Donatello / Donnie
- I think I swallowed a frog. I hope it wasn't an ancestor.
- Later, Popeye!
- (after landing face first in a sewage pond) Mud wrestling is definitely a spectator sport.
- Help! I'm a turtle and I can't get up!
- Turtles, it's not just a job. It's an adventure.
- Hey, you were expecting maybe uhh, the Addams Family?
- Gee, if we die here in the past, does that mean that we don't get born in the future?
- Wow. Bungee jumping without a bungee. That could be dangerous.
- Not Necessarily Raph, did you know that in some countries dung is used as a fuel source?
Leonardo / Leo
- Boy do I hate spinach.
- Hey, Tinkerbell! Why don't you shoot us?
- Fights over, we're closed.
- (in response to Walker's accusation of her being a witch) Don't push me, Ruffles, or I'll melt you into a steaming puddle of puke.
- This... is the WORST rescue I've ever had!
- He's scum! He's the lowest scum on the Earth. You know something? He's lower than scum... he gives scum a bad name.
- It's Star Trek time
- What do you say we get together and bust some skulls?
- (leaning on baseball bat, to Raphael) Hey Raph, how'd your brain implant go, good?
- Donatello: (explaining the Magic Scepter's function) It's equal-mass displacement! See, guys, for every one of us that goes back, someone from the past will come here. But, the problem is, that switch will only work under one condition. You know what that is?
- Leonardo: Tuesdays?
- Raphael: Uhhh, Groundhog's Day?
- Donatello: Oh great!
- Kenshin: It will only work if the magic travellers each have the same weight.
- Donnie: Bingo! Gee, you guys do have a good educational system, huh?
- Mikey: Step back dudes, I just brought in some heavy artillery [laughs]
- Casey Jones: [enters the lair] Donnie, long time!
- Donnie: [waves] Eh.
- Casey: Leo, how's it goin'?
- Leo: Hey Casey, welcome back.
- Casey: Hey Raph, how's your brain implant go, good?.
- Raph: What? [Casey points and psyches him while smiling] Funny!
- Casey: Anyway enough of this camaraderie. When do we get together and bust some skulls?
- Leo: Whoa oh, hold it there Casey, you're not gonna be doing any head breaking this time. Sorry, guy.
- Casey: What was that? You wanna run that by me again? How come?
- Raph: 'Cos we need somebody to stay here with Splinter in case the time bandit decides to flip out again, [Leo: Yeah.] if that isn't too much of an inconvenience.
- Splinter: [nods in recognition, which Casey returns]
- Casey: It'd be a serious honor.
- Splinter: It is time to go my sons, Donatello, [Donnie looks at Splinter] We shall wait by The Scepter every 12 hours as you have instructed.
- Donnie: Ah, correct Master Splinter, But the Space-Time Continuum will be out of phase after 60 hours.
- Casey: Wait a second, Timeout, Now what does that all mean in American?
- Donnie: If we don't come back in two and a half days, We're Turtle Soup!
- Leo & Raph: Whoa!
- Casey: Bummer!
- Splinter: The Scepter will be in the temple, which means you will be replaced by four priests.
- Leo: Nothin' to it.
- Kenshin: Now we must please try to hurry, Mitsu is in great danger.
- Raph: Mits-who?
- Kenshin: Eh yes Mitsu, She is the woman who leads the rebellion against my father.
- Raph & Donnie: Ah.
- Kenshin: And she is the most courageous and beautiful woman...
- Raph: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah we get the picture, can we go now?.
- Donnie: Okay [grabs the intercom]
- Raph: Enough Mitsu already.
- Donnie: T-Minus 2 minutes and counting, let's go Mikey, [then he sees Mikey Hula Dancing in Surfer Shorts] What? [then he laughs]
- Leo: (sees Mikey Hula-Dancing in Surfer Shorts) Mikey.
- Mikey: [Stops and sees his bros] D'Oh!
- Leo: Why are you wearing shorts?
- Mikey: Kenshin switched with April and got her clothes.
- Leo: Yeah. So...?
- Mikey: So, this is for whoever comes through in my place, so they won't arrive bare-butt naked.
- Donnie & Leo: Ah!
- Mikey: (holds up three more pairs of shorts) Uh, I got 3 more pairs!
- Splinter: No. We have no time for this scientific debate.
- Leo: Yes, Master, come guys let's go.
- Donnie: It's time.
- Mikey: (dejectedly) Yeah, yeah...
- Splinter: (sighs) Kids...
- Leo: [Reads the inscription on the Scepter] Ok the inscription says "Open wide the Gates of Time"
- Raph: All right already, let's go
- Splinter: Go with care my sons, and return with swiftness
- Leo: We will not fail you Master Splinter, Ok guys, hold on now, here we go [The Scepter starts glowing] It's startin' to work, Hang on!
[then lightning shoots out of the Scepter]
- Mikey: Make sure your tray tables are in their full upright positions!, Hang on to your shells, dudes!
[The Turtles disappear and traveled through time, and in their place were four samurai warriors, they were looking around at a new place and time, and were confused]
- Benkei: Koi Shokosha.
- Kenshin: [Realizing they're not the four priests, but the Honor Guards] This is very bad, they are not four priests, they are my father's Honor Guard.
- Splinter: The Scepter was not in the temple
- Kenshin: There must have been a battle
- Casey Jones: I knew it, I'm missin' all the fun
- Niles: (grumbling to himself over being Walker's minion) "Bring me the woman, Niles." "Lick my boots, Niles." "Feed my birds, Niles." What's next? Roll over and play dead? (bumps into the disguised Raphael) What are you lookin' at, ya ugly lump of dung?
- Raph: (angrily growls) Lump of dung?, Oh you dirty... (then scares them but lets them pass mostly unharmed)
- Donnie: Later Popeye.
- Raph: I'm gonna get that guy! Did you hear what he called me, Leo?
- Leo: Yeah, an ugly lump of dung. (walks away casually)
- Raph: That was an insult, Leo!
- Donnie: Not necessarily, Raph. Did you know that in some countries dung is used as a fuel source?
- Raph: (Mocking Donnie) Dung is used as a fuel source.
- (After noticing that they are being watched by a few Japanese guards)
- Donnie: Uh, o-hi-o, wasabi.
- Raph: (confused) "Hello mustard?"
- Donnie: Okay, so my Japanese is a little rusty. (to the guards) Uh, Suzuki, Kawasaki- (Raph knocks them out cold)
- Raph: How 'bout, uh, "Sayonara"?
- Donnie: That'll work!
- Raph: Ciao, Adios.
- Donnie: See ya later, yes.
- April O'Neil: (after being rescued from Norinaga's dungeon) Would somebody please tell me what the heck is going on around here?
- Donnie: Well relax, April. It's just your, uh, ordinary time travel equal-mass-displacement kind of thing.
- April: (sees Donnie's blueprints for a crude replica of the Magic Scepter) You don't mean... you're not seriously suggesting that Donatello is going to make an incredibly arcane time travel machine, are you?
- Turtles: No, of course not!
- Mikey: That'd be totally bogus!
- Raph: Really stupid!
- April: Well, that's a relief.
- Donnie: No, that guy's gonna make it. (points to a nearby blacksmith) He's good with his hands. (April shoves the blueprint aside and walks away)
- Mikey: Where're you goin', dudette?
- April: To find an apartment. I have a feeling we're gonna be here for a long, long time.
- Lord Norinaga: You may have disgraced my ancestors, but you will not disgrace me. Tonight, you will die.
- Mitsu: (paraphrasing Splinter's line to Shredder from the first film) No. We will both die... but only one of us with honor.
- (strong silence from everybody)
- Leo: Are we in a loop here or what?
- Walker: (cornered by the Turtles at the docks) What kind of demons are you?
- Leo: We're turtles, friend!
- Donnie: Of the Teenage Mutant Ninja variety, sleazeball.
- Walker: (slowly pulls the Scepter out of his bag) This, I believe, is what you've been searching for. Go fetch! (throws the Scepter into the air, getting the Turtles to panic in catching it) You really think I would make it that easy, you nasty little reptiles?!
Encyclopedic article on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time at Wikipedia
|TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES|
|CREATORS||Kevin Eastman · Peter Laird|
|COMICS|| Mirage comic series (1984–2010) · Tales (1987–2010) · Adventures (1988–1995) · Mighty Mutanimals (1991 spin-off) · Daily comic strip (1990–1997) · Dreamwave comics |
series (2003) · IDW comic series (2011–present)
|TELEVISION||Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue (1990) · Turtles Forever (2009)|
|SERIES||1987–1996 series · Mutant Turtles: Superman Legend (1996) · Next Mutation (1997–1998) · 2003–2010 series · 2012–2017 series|
|FILMS|| Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) · TMNT (2007) · Turtles |
Forever (2009) · Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) · Out of the Shadows (2016)
|FAN-MADE||Casey Jones (2011)|
|DOCUMENTARY||Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014)|
|VIDEO GAMES||Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Battle Nexus (2004)|
|SEE ALSO||Leonardo da Vinci · Donatello · Michelangelo · Raphael|