Racial views of Donald Trump
Donald Trump has a history of making racially-charged remarks and pursuing racially-motivated actions and policies that have led observers across the political spectrum to conclude that he is a racist.
- [Donald Trump] seems to harbor racist feelings about people of color from other parts of the world.
- Jim Acosta, as quoted in "CNN's Acosta: Trump 'seems to harbor racist feelings'" (11 January 2018), by Brett Samuels, The Hill
- Trump Is a Racist. Period.
- What Trump is doing has popped up periodically, but in modern times, no president has been so racially insensitive and shown outright disdain for people who aren't white.
- Douglas Brinkley, as quoted in "Trump's own words revive debate over whether he's racist", AP News
- [Donald Trump is] clearly racist... It fits into a pattern that we have seen since the beginning of his career, maybe through his father's career, frankly. There's been a consistency, pattern of harsh judgment against black and brown people.
- David Brooks, as quoted in "Shields and Brooks on Trump's 's***hole' comments, 'Fire and Fury' fallout" (14 January 2018), PBS Newshour
- We have a racist in the Oval Office.
- Trump claims he's surprised his election has unleashed a barrage of hate across the country. But he shouldn't be. It's the predictable result of the campaign he waged. Rather than feign surprise, Mr. Trump should take responsibility for what's occurring, forcefully reject hate and bigotry, reach out to the communities he's injured, and follow his words with actions to heal the wounds his words have opened.
- Richard Cohen, as quoted in "Trump's election led to 'barrage of hate', report finds" (November 2016), by Mazin Sidahmed, The Guardian
- Trump's statements disparaging immigrants who have come to this country legally are particularly unhelpful. Maine has benefited from people from Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and, increasingly, Africa — including our friends from Somalia.
- There should be little doubt about US President Donald Trump's views on race, despite his occasional 'denials', assertions of 'fake news', and/or his semantic distinctions. His election campaign theme was effectively a promise to 'Make America Great Again; America First and Only' and – nod, nod, wink, wink.
- John Hewson, "No place for the race card in the political pack, but Trump plays it anyway" (January 2018), The Sydney Morning Herald
- I don't see what else we can call him but a racist.
- Donald Trump is a racist.
- [Donald Trump is] this racist 94-year-old grandpa.
- Marshall B. Mathers, as quoted in "Eminem Calls Donald Trump a “Racist 94-Year-Old Grandpa” in a Freestyle so Fire, Trump’s Gonna Need Ice for Those Burns: Political Eminem is my new favorite Eminem." (11 October 2017), by Andrea Wurzburger, VH1
- His hateful rhetoric has no place in the White House.
- Everything is a racial stereotype with him half the time; we've got to admit that about Trump.
- Perhaps Trump is a racist. Perhaps not. Either way, we can have a productive conversation about whether particular Trump statements or actions are racist. But we can't have a productive conversation that starts from the premise that Trump is a racist overall, and that every action he takes and every statement he makes is therefore covered with the patina of racism. That conversation is about insults, not truth.
- Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.
- Mitt Romney had his chance to beat a failed president but he choked like a dog. Now he calls me racist-but I am least racist person there is
- Donald Trump, Twitter (11 June 2016)
- Why are we having all these people from shithole countries come here?
- Donald Trump, as quoted in "Trump criticized immigration from 's---hole' countries: report" (11 January 2018), by Avery Anapol, The Hill
- Why do we want all these people from shithole countries coming here?
- This is racism, plain and simple, and we need to call it that.
- Tim Walz, as quoted in "Trump's 's---hole' remark sparks bipartisan backlash B" (January 2018), by John Bowden, The Hill
- He claims that he's bringing people together but make no mistake, he is a dangerous, unprincipled, divisive, and shameful racist.
- Maxine Waters, as quoted in "Maxine Waters Delivers Scathing SOTU Response: 'Make No Mistake. Trump Is a Dangerous Racist'", by Tess Koman, Cosmopolitan
- Encyclopedic article on Racial views of Donald Trump at Wikipedia