- We're all born brave, trusting and greedy, and most of us remain greedy.
- Callous greed grows pious very fast.
- It is a sin directly against one's neighbour, since one man cannot over-abound in external riches, without another man lacking them.
- Sufficient to say, greed is a deadly deed. You shall not covet your neighbor's goods.
- Saint Patrick, 5th Century Roman-British Christian bishop and missionary
- Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed.
- One of the weaknesses of our age is our apparent inability to distinguish our needs from our greeds.
- Remember: Greed is a bad color on a person.
- Bill Engvall, American commedian. (Quotation from The Bill Engvall Show).
- A covetous man is good to none, but worst to himself.
- Covetousness bursts the sack.
- English 19th Century proverb.
- Beggars make rags, rags make paper, paper makes money, money makes banks, banks make loans, loans make beggars...