this a terrible page so anti woman
- "Women have something in common with the Universe. That is they are both constantly expanding with time." ~ Richard Dias-Wanigasekera
What a dispicable collection of quotations on women! I came to this site looking for inspiration and instead, was enraged. Surely some notable people out there, past and present, have something more intelligent and more respectable to say about the fairer sex than we are baby-making machines. Napoleon... go figure.
- It is a fact of life that men, even the most enlightened and egalitarian among them, are woefully ignorant of how consistently and universally women are discriminated against merely because they are women.
- It is equally true that woman are consistently and universally ignorant of the psychological advantages they have by being born women, potential mothers of the future.
- The bigoted suppression of a woman's talents because she is a woman is as ultimately futile as attempts to win so called 'equality' with men: men and women will never be biologically 'equal' - so it is time to stop gender-stereotyping and start judging each and every human being on their own merits and abilities.
I am proudly and humbly a woman. Shir-El too 22:50, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
PS This should remain a separate catagory if male 'aviators' are differentiated from 'men'. Shir-El too 22:54, 11 September 2007 (UTC)
Use of Quotes
I'm using these quotes for a history project and they fit right in with my topic. However, I'd suggest that they add some quotes from Jaqueline Cochran, the founder and director of the WASP organization. Some Nancy H. Love quotes might be nice also. I think that these quotes would help any project on this topic..quotes always do. Any project on women pilots could use quotes like these.
And, on the contrary, These quotes bring out the admirable qualities in women and their accomplishments. These women achieved something that had never been accomplished before, and, ultimately, helped future women gain the well-deserved liberties we have today. Which is an amazing and inspiring accomplishment.188.8.131.52 22:14, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Cleaned up format - but I agree with previous posters that the current quote selection has an emphatically hostile bias. Gordonofcartoon 13:39, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
Moved here pending proper sourcing per current practice. Gordonofcartoon 12:53, 18 January 2010 (UTC)
- A boy dreams with a sword in his hand. A girl gives him purpose, a reason to draw it from its scabbard.
- Bryan Davis, "Tears Of A Dragon"
- A man can be happy with any woman, as long as he does not love her.
- A woman past forty should make up her mind to be young- not her face.
- A woman's guess is much more accurate than a man's certainty.
- A woman is like an... artichoke. You have to do a bit of work before you get to the heart.
- Steve Martin, The Pink Panther
- A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: she changes it more often.
- A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
- Ah, women. They make the highs higher, and the lows more frequent.
- All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
- Being a woman is a terribly difficult task since it consists principally in dealing with men.
- In my heart, I think a woman has two choices: either she's a feminist or a masochist.
- Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"
- I do note with interest that old women in my books become young women on the covers... this is discrimination against the chronologically gifted."
- Women are like teeth.
They are easily replaced.
- Women are nothing but machines for producing children.
- Women should be obscene and not heard.
- Women: You can't live with them, and you can't get them to dress up in a skimpy little Nazi costume and beat you with a warm squash or something.
- Emo Philips, E=MO^2
- On one issue, at least, men and women agree; they both distrust women.
- Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
- You see, dear, it is not true that woman was made from man's rib; she was really made from his funny bone.
- It must be admitted that women have but little sense of justice, and this is no doubt connected with the preponderance of envy in their mental life.
- Women would rule the world - if only they'd stop bitchin' about each other!
- To varying degrees, all chicks are sluts - except for my mum, and I'm not sure about yours.
- TB - Based on a SB Truism
- I hate women because they always know where things are.
- In our civilization men are afraid they will not be men enough, and women are afraid they might be considered only women.
- If a woman likes another woman, she's cordial. If she doesn't like her, she's very cordial.
- Boys don't make passes at female smart asses.
- Women are like elephants. They are interesting to look at, but I wouldn't like to own one.
- Women are most adorable when they are afraid; that's why they frighten so easily.
- I'm sorry Wendy, but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
- Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn't done it.
- If you can make a woman laugh you can do anything with her.
- Behind all their personal vanity, women themselves always have an impersonal contempt for woman.
- Women are considered deep - why? Because one can never discover any bottom to them.
- For the woman, the man is a means: the end is always the child.
- The day will come when men will recognize woman as his peer, not only at the fireside, but in councils of the nation. Then, and not until then, will there be the perfect comradeship, the ideal union between the sexes that shall result in the highest development of the race.
- The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.
- The way to fight a woman is with your hat. Grab it and run.
- There are no ugly women, only lazy ones.
- Whether women are better than men I cannot say- but I can say they are certainly no worse.
- How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being?
- Men always want to be a woman's first love - women like to be a man's last romance.
- There is nothing in the world like the devotion of a married woman. It is a thing no married man knows anything about.
- No woman ever hates a man for being in love with her, but many a woman hate a man for being a friend to her.
- Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.
- When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking.
- The stages of a woman in her relationships with men: Good--->Decent--->Slut--->Bitch. Parents (initially) and men will most of the time be the ones that accelerate, decelerate or stop this trajectory. And the worst problem is that it is nearly impossible to go back to an earlier state.
- Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.
- The only question left to be settled now is, are women persons?
- A woman has to be twice as good as a man to go half as far.
- Women get more unhappy the more they try to liberate themselves.
- A woman always likes to be on top, but it never lasts.
- A woman is but an animal, and an animal not of the highest order.
- A woman is an angel at ten, a saint at fifteen, a devil at fourty, and a witch at forescore.
- English proverb
- A woman's strength is in her tongue.
- English proverb
- When a man gets up to speak, people listen then look. When a woman gets up to speak, people look then, if they like what they see, they listen.
- Pauline Frederick