(Redirected from Monsters Inc)
- Director: Pete Docter
James P. "Sulley" Sullivan
- (to Mike; silently) Ook-lay in the ag-bay.
- [while Sulley brushes his teeth] C'mon, fight that plaque! Fight that plaque! Scary monsters don't have plaque!
- [chants] I don't know, but it's been said. I love scaring kids in bed!
- Roz, my tender, oozing blossom, you're looking fabulous today. Is that a new haircut? Tell me it's a new haircut. It's got to be a new haircut. New makeup? You had a lift? You had a tuck? You had something? Something has been inserted in you that makes you look like...Listen, I need a favor.
- I can't believe that we're waltzing up to the factory!
- (angrily) Now, put that thing back where it came from, or so help me...!
- One, two, three, four, get the kid back in the door!
- Hey, hey, that's it! No one touches little Mikey.
- [after frightening Mike with his signature scare maneuver] It scares little kids and little monsters.
- [after whacking Sully with a scream canister] You don't know how long I've wanted to do that, Sullivan!
Henry J. Waternoose
- There's nothing more toxic or deadly than a human child. A single touch could kill you! Leave a door open, and one can walk right into this factory. Right into the monster world!
- Kids these days. They just don't get scared like they used to.
- I'll kidnap 1,000 children before I let this company die! And I'll silence anyone who gets in my way!
- [taken away by the C.D.A.] I hope you're happy, Sullivan. You've destroyed this company! Monsters Incorporated is dead! Where will everyone get their scream now?! The energy crisis will only get worse because of YOU!
- Mike: I'm telling you, Big Daddy. You're gonna be seeing this face on TV a lot more often.
- Sulley: Yeah, like on "Monstropolis' Most Wanted"?
- Mike: Ha, ha, ha. You've been jealous of my good looks since the fourth grade, pal.
- [Sulley has insisted on walking to work]
- Mike: You wanna know why I bought the car, Sulley?
- Sulley: Not really.
- Mike: To drive it! You know, like on the street, with the honk-honk and the vroom-vroom, and the no walking involved?
- Sulley: Wa, wa, wa, wa. Will you give it a rest, butterball? C'mon, you could use the exercise.
- Mike: I could use the exercise? Look at you! You have your own climate.
- Celia: So, uh... are we going anywhere special tonight?
- Mike: I just got us into a little place called, um...Harryhausen's.
- Celia: Harryhausen's?! But it's impossible to get a reservation there.
- Mike: Not for Googlie Bear. I will see you at quitting time, and not a minute later.
- Celia: Okay, sweetheart.
- Mike: Think romantical thoughts. [singing] You and me, me and you, both of us together!
- Roz: I'm watching you Wazowski, always watching, always.
- Mike: Can I borrow your odorant?
- Sulley: Yeah, I got, uh, smelly garbage or old dumpster.
- Mike: You got, uh, low tide?
- Sulley: No.
- Mike: How about wet dog?
- Sulley: Yep. Stink it up.
- Mike: [to Sulley] Y'know, sometimes I feel so romantic, I think I should just marry myself!
- Sulley: Give me a break, Mike...
- Mike: What a night of romance I've got ahead of me! Tonight is about me and Celia! Hoo-hoo, the loveboat is about to set sail! I'm telling ya, pal, I see her face and it makes my heart go-- [finds himself face-to-face with Roz] YIKES!!!
- Roz: [sternly] Hello, Wazowski. Fun-filled evening planned for tonight?
- Mike: Well, as a matter of fact--
- Roz: And I'm sure you filed your paperwork correctly...for once! [silence] Your stunned silence is very reassuring. [leaves]
- Mike: Oh no, my scare reports! I left them on my desk! If I'm not at the restaurant in five minutes, they're gonna give our table away, what am I gonna tell--?! [Celia comes up to Mike] Schmoopsie-Pooh.
- Celia: Hey Googly-Bear, wanna get going?
- Mike: Do I ever? It's just that... Uh...
- Celia: What?
- Mike: There's a small--
- Celia: I don't understand.
- Suley: It's just I forgot about some paperwork I was supposed to file. Mike was reminding me; thanks, buddy.
- Mike: I was? I mean, I was! Yeah, I was.
- Celia: Okay, let's go then.
- Mike: We're going! [whispering to Sulley] On my desk, Sulley. The pink copies go to accounting, the fuchsia ones go to purchasing, and the goldenrod ones go to Roz. [Celia pulls him away; he comes back] Leave the puce! [gets pulled away again]
- Sulley: [to himself] So the pink copies go to purchasing, and the fuchsia ones go to Roz. No, the fuchsia ones go to purchasing and the goldenrod ones go to Roz. Man, I have no idea what puce is... [looks at some reddish-brown files] Oh, that's puce.
- Celia: Oh, Michael, I've had a lot of birthdays - well, not a lot of birthdays, but this is the best birthday ever. What are you looking at?
- Mike: I was just thinking about the first time I laid eye on you, how pretty you looked.
- Celia: Stop it.
- Mike: Your hair was shorter then.
- Celia: Mm-hmm. I'm thinking about getting it cut. [the snakes in her hair look worried]
- Mike: No-no, I like it this length. [the snakes sigh in relief] I like everything about you. Just the other day someone asked me who I thought the most beautiful monster was in all of Monstropolis. You know what I said?
- Celia: What did you say?
- Mike: I said-- [sees Sulley trying to get his attention] Sulley?
- Celia: Sulley?!
- Randall: Wazowski! Where's the kid, you little one-eyed crettin?!
- Mike: Okay. First of all, it's cretin. If you're gonna threaten me, do it properly. Second of all, you're nuts if you think kidnapping me is gonna help you cheat your way to the top!
- Randall: [chuckles nastily] You still think this is about that stupid scare record?
- Mike: Well... I did. Right up until you... chuckled like that... and now I'm thinking I should just get out of here.
- Waternoose: Now, give us a big loud roar.
- Sulley: Mr. Waternoose, there's no time for this!
- Waternoose: C'mon, what're you waiting for? Roar!
- Sulley: But-but-but, sir!
- Waternoose: ROAR!
- Sulley: Ohh. [ferociously roars at the boy] GGRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!
- Simulated Boy: [shrieks in terror]
- Boo: [cries and exits]
- Waternoose: Well done. Well done, James!
- John Goodman as James P. "Sulley" Sullivan
- Billy Crystal as Michael "Mike" Wazowski
- Mary Gibbs as Boo
- Steve Buscemi as Randall Boggs
- James Coburn as Henry J. Waternoose III
- Jennifer Tilly as Celia Mae
- Bob Peterson as Roz
- Frank Oz as the three-eyed Fungus
- John Ratzenberger as Yeti the Abominable Snowman
- Samuel Lord Black as the furry George Sanderson
- Dan Gerson as Smitty and Needleman
- Jeff Pidgeon as Thaddeus Bile
- Bonnie Hunt as Ms. Flint