A Wild Hare
A Wild Hare, reissued as The Wild Hare, is a 1940 Merrie Melodies cartoon supervised by Tex Avery (credited as Fred Avery on the original issue). The short subject features Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny, the latter making what is considered his first official appearance.
- [first occurrence of this line] Eh, what's up, Doc?
- Can ya imagine anybody acting like that? Ya know, I think the poor guy's screwy!
- [first occurence of this line] Be vewy, vewy qwiet. I'm hunting wabbits.
- Elmer Fudd: Pardon me, but you know, you wook just wike a wabbit.
- Bugs Bunny: Ehhh... c'mere. Listen, doc. [whispering] Now don't spread this around, but, uh... confidentially... [screaming] I AM A WABBIT!