Compressed Hare is a Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Chuck Jones and featuring Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote (in their fourth pairing), released on July 29, 1961. This is the final first-run Golden Age short in which Wile E. Coyote speaks, although he speaks again in the Adventures of the Road Runner featurette from a year later.
- Scratched one genius! [notices Wile E coming with a cannon] Uh oh! Not so fast, Rabbit!
- Bugs Bunny: [as Wile E. Coyote is tying him to a spit] I'm your new neighbor from down the street. I brung you those carrots you asked for. Personally, I don't think a stew is a stew without carrots. [sniffs] Mmm, smells good. What kind of stew is it?
- [Dips his ear in the pot and tastes it]
- Bugs Bunny: Mmm-mmm. Rabbit ear stew. Very good too. Er, I'd love to stay for lunch, but it appears I'm all tied up this morning.
- Wile E. Coyote: Oh, you're going to stay for lunch. You are lunch. Now, what kind of wine goes best with wild game? You are game, aren't you?
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, er, I'm game, all right.
- [Hops on floor, dislodging a cork from one of the wine bottles into Wile E.'s eye]
- Wile E. Coyote: Now look here, me bucko!
- [Bugs hops again and another cork pops; Wile E. ducks to avoid the cork, but it ricochets accross the room and opens an ironing board, which hits Wile E. on the head; Bugs hops back home]
- Wile E. Coyote: [carries a wheelbarrow full of cement] Quick-drying cement! [carries the wheelbarrow of quick-drying cement to Bugs Bunny's hole] Special delivery!
- Bugs Bunny: Send it right down!
- Wile E. Coyote: All right!
- [Throws cement down Bugs' hole, then tiptoes away]
- Wile E. Coyote: What a perfect way to "cement" a friendship.
- [Suddenly a pillar of cement pops up from the ground; Wile E. bumps into it and it falls on top of him]
- Bugs Bunny: Well, now he's got "concrete" evidence that I'm a good neighbor.
- [last lines]
- Bugs Bunny: One thing’s for sure: We’re the first country to get a coyote into orbit.