Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare
Dr. Devil and Mr. Hare is a Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies theatrical cartoon short released on March 28, 1964, starring Bugs Bunny and the Tasmanian Devil. It was directed by Robert McKimson. It was produced by David H. DePatie. The cartoon was animated by Ted Bonnicksen, Warren Batchelder, and George Grandpré. The cartoon was written by John Dunn.
This marks the final pairing of Bugs and Taz, as well as the final appearance of Taz in the Golden age of American animation, and Bugs' final appearance in the Merrie Melodies series. It is also the only cartoon where Bugs and Taz both lose in the end.
- [posing as a doctor] All right now, open your mouth and say ahhhh... Hmm, that looks pretty bad. I guess we'll have to paint it. [paints Taz's tongue green] Can't take chances with any of them streptococcuses, you know.
- [after the bomb exploded] What a maroon! [once the cigar explodes in his face] Sometimes I wonder if he's as dumb as he looks.
- [the Frankenstein Monster turns on Bugs] No, no, no, not me, Frankie! Not me, Frankie! No, Frankie, No! No!
- [groaning, last lines] Is there a doctor in the house? Is there, huh?
- Bugs Bunny: [in "therapy" with Bugs as the psychiatrist] Just relaxing und telling me about your id ven you vas a kid. Jah?
- Tasmanian Devil: Me first remember a long time ago in Tasmania, I was only three years old, but I was mean little devil! [laughs]
- Bugs Bunny: [taking notes] Yah, "mean little devil", ha ha, that's very funny. Don't talk so fast. I gotta write-a down the good stuff.