One Meat Brawl
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [after nearly being shot] This meat shortage is sure tough on us animals.
- Snitch! Stool pigeon! Squealing on little woodland creatures. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. Oh, you do all right for yourself, getting food handed to you, a house to live in. But what have I got? It ain't fair, I tell you! It ain't fair! [aside to audience] Dogs are suckers for a sob story.
- [last lines] Shadow boxing. Th-th-this way, no one gets hurt.
- Grover Groundhog: ♪ A groundhog and his shadow are a very famous pair ♪
- ♪ They predict the weather together, a trick that is rare ♪
- ♪ Now the one little thing that bothers me whenever outdoors I go ♪
- ♪ Does my shadow mean springtime, or sixteen feet of snow? ♪
- ♪ Never know which, I just can't remember ♪
- ♪ Will it be warm, or make like December? ♪
- ♪ The whole thing just confuses me, and that is why I sing ♪
- ♪ A groundhog's shadow just doesn't mean a thing. ♪
- Mandrake: You're a groundhog.
- Grover Groundhog: That gives you one dollar. Do you care to try for two?
- Mel Blanc as Porky Pig / Mandrake / Barnyard Dog / Grover Groundhog's singing voice.
- Stan Freberg as Grover Groundhog and Walter Winchell. (uncredited)