Operation: Rabbit is a 1952 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes animated cartoon directed by Chuck Jones. The cartoon was released on January 19, 1952, and features Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote. In the short, Wile E. Coyote sets up an elaborate scientific contraption to trap Bugs. This cartoon was featured in The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie, except it was shortened for time.
- Fight fire with fire, I always say!
- [last lines] And remember, Mud spell backwards is Dum!
Wile E. Coyote
- Genius! That's what it is! Sheer genius!
- Being a Genius certainly has it's advantages!
- [Wile E. Coyote puts a door and knocks, Bugs comes up and opens it.]
- Bugs Bunny: Eh. What's up, doc?
- Wile E. Coyote: Allow me to introduce myself. My name is "Wile E. Coyote"... Genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college, so let's get down to cases. You are a rabbit, and I am going to eat you for supper. Now, don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster, and larger than you are... and I'm a genius, while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarten. So, I'll give you the customary two minutes to say your prayers.
- Bugs Bunny: I'm sorry, mac, but the lady of the house ain't home and besides we mailed you people a check last week! [Slams the door]
- [Wile E. takes the door down and trots back home.]
- Wile E. Coyote: Why do they always want to do it the hard way?
- [Wile E. is preparing something and sets up a cooker. Bugs come out from one hole and comes over to Wile E.]
- Bugs: Eh! What's cooking, doc?
- Wile E. Coyote: Rabbit Stew! HA HA HA! Egad! I'm such a genius!
- Bugs: Mmm! Smells mighty good! But, uh, There's only one little thing wrong with it!
- Wile E Coyote: There is? What?!
- Bugs: No rabbit!
- [Wile E opens the cooker and Bugs kicks him in and closes the cooker.]
- Bugs: [singing and walking back to his hole with a club] I'm lookin' over a three-leaf clover that I overlooked be-three...
- [Wile E gets thwacked from underneath and his cooker breaks off.]
- Wile E Coyote: [smoking and with a lump on his head] Well, back to the old drawing board...
- [heads back home]
- [Wile E. Coyote is filling a row of fake carrots with nitroglycerin while inside an explosives shack within a construction site. Bugs, using a tractor, pulls the shack to a nearby railroad track and deposits it in the middle of the tracks]
- Wile E. Coyote: Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.
- [Wile E. hears a train whistle blow, but he ignores it]
- Wile E. Coyote: I like the way that rolls out! Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
- [Wile E. again hears the train whistle and then sees the train coming right towards him. He pulls the blinds over the shack's window down. The train hits Wile E. in the shack causing a huge explosion from the nitroglycerin. As the train chugs off undamaged, Wile E. is all burnt and crispy, while hanging onto a branch from a cliff]
- Wile E. Coyote: [slurring] Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius.
- Wile E. Coyote: [slurring] Allow me to introduce myself. My name is mud. [he faints]
- Bugs Bunny: And remember, "mud" spelled backwards is "dum".