To Hare is Human
To Hare is Human is a 1956 Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies cartoon directed by Chuck Jones. The short was released on December 15, 1956, and stars Bugs Bunny and Wile E. Coyote. In the short, Wile E. Coyote consults a "Univac Electric Brain (Do It Yourself)" in his efforts to catch Bugs.
- [Inside the UNIVAC] Of course, the real beauty of this machine is that it has only one moving part.
- Bugs Bunny: [Wile E. has trapped him in a bag, but he uses his carrot to punch a couple holes in it] Eh, whatcha got in the bag, Doc?
- Wile E. Coyote: Oh, I say. I'm terribly sorry. One mustn't be rude, even to one's breakfast.
- Bugs Bunny: Breakfast?
- Wile E. Coyote: Permit me to introduce myself. My name is Coyote. Wile E. Coyote, genius.
- Bugs Bunny: Have brain, eh? Hey, that must be very handy at times.
- Wile E. Coyote: Why, yes, it has its advantages. For example, you asked me just now what I had in the bag, and I was supposed to say, "A rabbit," to which you would reply, "What are you going to do with him?" Then I was supposed to say something stupid, which would enable you to get very clever and so on and so on and on. When by this time we both know very well that there is nothing left in the bag.
- Bugs Bunny: [already out of the bag] There isn't? I don't like to disagree with no genius, Doc, but there... but there is.
- Wile E. Coyote: [chuckles] Well...
- [looks in the bag; something inside explodes and singes his face]