You Ought to Be in Pictures
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You Ought to Be in Pictures is a 1940 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes short film featuring Porky Pig and Daffy Duck. The film combined live-action and animation, and features live-action appearances by Leon Schlesinger, writer Michael Maltese, animator Gerry Chiniquy and other Schlesinger Productions staff members.
- Directed by Friz Freleng. Produced by Leon Schlesinger. Story by Jack Miller.
- Daffy Duck: Psst. Hey, Porky. Say, you want a good job?
- Porky Pig: B-but I got a good j-jo-j-position.
- Daffy Duck: Oh, you call this a job? Working in cartoons? Phoo! I know where you can get a job in features, as Bette Davis' leading man. Three grand a week.
- Porky Pig: Oh, I'm n-n-not good enough for that. Besides, I g-g-got a contract here.
- Daffy Duck: You can get out of that. Just go up and tell the boss that you wanna quit.
- Porky Pig: D-d-do you think I ought to?
- Daffy Duck: Sure. Come on, come on. You don't get an opportunity like this every day. Come on.
- Leon Schlesinger: Hello, Porky. Come on in.
- Porky Pig: Hello, Mr. Schl-Schle-Schles-g-g-g-g... Hello, Leon.
- Leon Schlesinger: Well, Porky, what's on your mind? What can I do for you?
- Porky Pig: You see, I've been in cartoons a long time, and I was thinking, t-that if I had a chance to act in features... What's Errol Flynn got that I haven't?
- Leon Schlesinger: You mean to say you want to get out of your cartoon contract?
- Porky Pig: Y-yeah, t-that's right.
- Leon Schlesinger: Well, if that's the way you feel about it, it's all right with me. You sure you know what you're doing?
- Porky Pig: Y-yes.
- Leon Schlesinger: Well, if you say so, I'll tear up your contract, if that's what you want.
- Porky Pig: Y-yes.
- Leon Schlesinger: Well, if that's the way you feel about it, it's all right with me.
- [Leon tears up contract and throws it in wastebasket]
- Leon Schlesinger: [shakes hands with Porky] Okay, Porky. Don't forget me when you're a star.
- [Porky leaves]
- Leon Schlesinger: He'll be back.
- Mel Blanc as Porky Pig, Daffy Duck
- Leon Schlesinger as Himself
- Fred Jones as Animator
- Michael Maltese as Security Guard
- Gerry Chiniquy as Himself
- Henry Binder and Paul Marin as Stagehands