You Were Never Duckier
You Were Never Duckier is an 1948 animated cartoon in the Merrie Melodies series from 1948. Starring Daffy Duck and Henery Hawk, this cartoon marked the start of a direction change for Daffy Duck, from a "screwball" character, to a greedy, self-centered one (though, according to commentary by Eric Goldberg on the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD fifth volume, this cartoon showed Daffy as being both a greedy, self-centered character and a screwball one).
- Mr. Chickenhawk, sir, you're making a ghastly mistake. I'm an impostor, a charlatan, a fake. I'm a duck masquerading in the guise of a chicken. Look, I'll prove it. [jumps off the hook and swims in a pail full of water] Quack, quack, quack! [jumps back onto the hook] That ought to convince you.
- Henery Hawk: Hey, Pa, look at what I brung ya! Look at what I brung ya! A chicken!
- Daffy Duck: And what a chicken, brother! Get a load of this gorgeous plumage. Feast your eyes at this outstanding comb. And besides, I'm the only five-gaited rooster in the world. So, why not save yourself the trouble and judge me right now, judge... Uh, judge... what was the name?
- George K. Chickenhawk: Chickenhawk. George K. Chickenhawk.
- Daffy Duck: Chickenhawk? Chicken hawk, eats us chickens. Well, I gotta go. I think my judge is burning, fudge... My fudge is burning, judge... I mean, my mother wants me. I got to crochet a cake. Uh, uh, goodbye!
- Mel Blanc as Daffy Duck / Rooster / George K. Chickenhawk / Contest Moderator.
- Don Messick as Henrey Hawk.