Batman Beyond is a cartoon series set in the future of the DC Animated Universe. It stars Terry McGinnis, a high school student who takes on the role of Batman under the tutelage of the original Dark Knight, the now-retired Bruce Wayne.
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Splicers
- 2.2 Earth Mover
- 2.3 Joyride
- 2.4 Lost Soul
- 2.5 Hidden Agenda
- 2.6 Bloodsport
- 2.7 Once Burned
- 2.8 Hooked Up
- 2.9 Rats!
- 2.10 Mind Games
- 2.11 Revenant
- 2.12 Babel
- 2.13 Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
- 2.14 Eyewitness
- 2.15 Final Cut
- 2.16 The Last Resort
- 2.17 Armory
- 2.18 Sneak Peek
- 2.19 The Eggbaby
- 2.20 Zeta
- 2.21 Plague
- 2.22 April Moon
- 2.23 Sentries of the Last Cosmos
- 2.24 Payback
- 2.25 Where's Terry?
- 2.26 Ace in the Hole
- 3 Season 3
- 4 Return of the Joker
- 5 External links
- Jokerz Leader: Who do you think you're talking to, old man? We're the Jokerz!
- Bruce Wayne: [smirk] Sure you are.
- Terry: [looking at Ace] Nice dog.
- Bruce: Not really.
- Terry:"You have to do something! You're Batman!"
- Bruce:"I was Batman".
- Terry: "You're no Batman; You whacked out old FRAUD!"
- Mr. Fixx: You're pretty strong, for some clown who thinks he's Batman.
- Terry: I am Batman!
- Bruce Wayne: I should warn you, I can be a difficult taskmaster. I accept nothing short of excellence in all who work for me.
- Terry: I think I can handle it.
- Bruce Wayne: Very good then, Mr. McGinnis. Welcome to my world.
- [Batman is saved from Inque in the nick of time by Bruce, sporting the Grey Ghost's hat and goggles]
- Batman: What took you so long?
- Bruce: A sudden case of shyness.
- Barbara Gordon: I hear you wrangled yourself a new errand boy.
- Bruce: I never wrangled anyone. You all came to me.
- Barbara: Maybe for once you should try to talk someone out of it.
- Bruce: Would it have worked for you?
- [Barbara smiles]
- Terry: [about Inque] It was like...some kinda blob!
- Terry: Look, you may be used to dealing with freaks and monsters, but I'm a little new at this.
- Terry: It belongs to Nelson Nash. He goes to Hill High.
- Bruce: Know anyone who might have a grudge against him?
- Terry: The line starts with me and goes around the block. Twice.
- Female Joker: Didn't nobody ever tell you not to come into Joker territory without some kinda' tribute?
- Willy: I got somethin' for ya... A Joke.
- Male Joker: Alright then, make me laugh!
- Willy: What's two stories tall and eats Jokerz?
- Male Joker: What?!
- Willy (Cheerily, as he points to the GOLEM standing behind the Jokerz): Him!
- (The GLM steps out of the shadows, Jokerz look scared, one tries to hide behind Willy)
- Willy: You're not laughing.
- Mr. Freeze: Take a good look, Doctor. I've been like this for nearly fifty years, and I haven't aged one day. I have become what many men have dreamed of: an immortal. And yet, there hasn't been a day, an hour, a minute, I haven't thought about death. It obsesses me.
- Dr. Stephanie Lake: Remember - there may be some momentary discomfort.
- Mr. Freeze: Save your breath. I am neither afraid nor capable of being comforted by banal words.
- Terry McGinnis: We'll let the police handle this.
- Mr. Freeze: No, I've caused this man enough pain.
- Dr. Stephanie Lake: We were only trying to help you...
- Mr. Freeze: Remember - there may be some momentary discomfort. [freezes her to death]
- [The building he is in begins crashing down, and as Powers escapes the destruction, out of the rubble rises Freeze, in a new and powerful Freeze suit]
- Mr. Freeze: It's something I've kept in cold storage.
- Blight: [melting Mr. Freeze] And behold, I shall be a blight upon the land, and everything I touch shall wither and die!
- Blight: You only got a tan that time, Batman. Here comes the real burn!
- Bruce Wayne: [via comlink, as the sensors in the Batcave fly off the charts] Terry! There's something hot in that room!
- Terry McGinnis: [In the Batman costume, with Blight stepping on his head] No kidding!
- Mr. Freeze: Stay where you are.
- Batman: You've got to get out of here, Freeze! The whole place is going to go!
- Mr. Freeze: Believe me, you're the only one who cares.
- Terry McGinnis: I guess you were right about Freeze all along.
- Bruce Wayne: We both were.
- Batman: Remember, you're a hero.
- Magma: No. I'm an accident. Real heroes, they make a choice. I never did.
- Bruce: That theatre. That's where my parents and I went the night they were...
- Terry: [about Crime Alley] I'd think you'd want it to be torn down, so maybe after all these years you could finally forget.
- Bruce: Do you want to forget what happened to your father?
- Shreeve: The police are after me. I'm a wanted man! I cannot go back to my lab again! And it's all your fault!
- [Prepares to activate suit]
- Derek: That's not going to help you.
- Shreeve: No, but it'll make me feel better!
- Derek: You should be feeling fine, anyway.
- Shreeve: And why is that?!
- Derek: Because your costume gives you power. Real power. Ever had that before?
- Shreeve: No... not really.
- Derek: It's no small thing, trust me.
- Shreeve: But I can't show my face anymore... or use my name!
- Derek: The face is no loss, and if you miss your name, I'll give you another one. One that fits your new persona. [pauses in thought] "Shriek".
- Shriek: "Shriek"?
- Derek: Not a friendly name, I grant you. But take it from me: it's better to be feared than loved.
- Shriek: Shriek...
- Derek: Now go forth and do damage. But don't forget: you still owe me Bruce Wayne.
- Shriek: What if Batman gets in my way again?
- Derek: Kill him.
- Terry: Okay, we know it's some kind of sound generator. So now what?
- [Put the evidence into a scanner]
- Terry: Computer. Analyze the metal this thing is made of. (Pause) Computer?
- Computer: Incorrect command.
- Terry: Uh.. do the thing where you figure out what's it made of.
- Computer: Request for spectrographic analysis.
- Terry: Uh.. huh.. that's it. What you said.
- Computer: Analysis proceeding.
- Derek Powers: Age can do tragic things to a person. But Wayne will be in the best of hands. Mine. Who else could take care for Wayne? He has no wife, no children...
- Terry: Me. I could do it.
- Derek Powers: Awfully young, aren't you?
- Terry: Awfully slimy, aren't you?
- Derek Powers: Careful, the courts are very strict about slander.
- Terry: Oh, yeah? Then let's see how they handle assault!
- [Terry attempts to attack Derek but is restrained by the doctors]
- Derek Powers: You should know something about the psych ward here: there's always room for one more!
- Terry: Tell me something - why were you so sure those voices weren't coming from you?
- Bruce: Well, first, I know I'm not psychotic.
- Terry: I hope your other reason is more convincing.
- Bruce: Second, the voice kept calling me "Bruce." In my mind, that's not what I call myself.
- Terry: What do you call yourself? [Bruce just looks at him for a moment] Oh, yeah. I suppose you would. [Batman voice] But that's my name now.
- Bruce: Tell that to my subconscious.
Dead Man's Hand
- Melanie Walker: Maybe you should ask for time off.
- Terry: Not this guy. Him, you don't ask for time off.
- Terry: I know what it is. You can't stand to see anyone going out and having a life. You want me to end up like you - alone.
- Terry: Anything like this ever happen to you?
- Bruce: [smiles] Let me tell you about a woman named Selina Kyle...
- King: Ten, come get me!
- Batman: Don't do it...just go...
The Winning Edge
- Bruce: Arch-criminals, I know how to handle. Mothers are something else.
- Coach: I eat punks like you for breakfast!
- [Batman defeats him and ties him up.]
- Batman: Sorry to spoil your appetite.
- Terry: (to Bruce) Come on; he must be a zillion years old! What trouble could an old geezer... never mind.
- Terry: Guess you're the expert on troubled kids. You collect them, right?
- (Bruce glares)
- Batman: Wayne, you alive?
- Bruce: Very funny.
- Bruce: Terry, listen to my voice. Whatever you're seeing, it isn't real!
- (Spellbinder hits Batman with a branch)
- Batman: That sure felt real.
- Spellbinder: [about his school psychologist work being underappreciated] For years, I fought the demons in the heads of those ungrateful little snots, while their coddling parents paid their garbage men more than me! Now I'm taking what I've earned!
- (Terry seals the entrance to the cave to stop Inque getting in)
- Bruce: Mind telling me what you're doing?
- Terry: Sealing up the cracks. Making sure she can't ooze in.
- Bruce: [smiles in amusement] You really think she's coming here, don't you?
- Terry: She was here before. She knows the way.
- Bruce: Does she? It was dark that night. The Batmobile was going awfully fast. And then there's the way you drive.
- Bruce: Still at it, huh?
- Terry: She can huff and puff, all she wants but she ain't going to blow this place down.
A Touch of Curaré
- Terry: So you and Dick Grayson like, dated.
- Barbara Gordon: In college. Puppy love. Later on, we just never talked about it.
- Terry: (eating doughnut) People should communicate more.
- Barbara Gordon: Dick finally got fed up living in Batman's shadow. He decided to leave. He was hurt when I chose to stay behind with Bruce.
- Terry: As his partner. (Gordon's grin widens) His girlfriend? (Gordon's grin widens even further, leaving McGinnis shocked) Whoa!
- Barbara Gordon: On the street, it was like ballet. We were the perfect duo.
- Terry: Why do you hate him so much?
- Barbara Gordon: No, I don't hate him. I hate what he's become. Such a great man... so alone.
- Blight: You want to talk about POISON?! I AM POISON!
- Terry: Do you think he was born this way?
- Bruce: Do you remember when Power was exposed to nerve gas?
- Terry: Sure. I threw it.
- Bruce: Powers would have been treated with radiation. That, combined with the virus, may have mutated him into this.
- Terry: Are you saying... I made him that?
- Bruce: You may have, in part.
- Terry: Good.
- (Bruce glares)
- Terry: Hey, this guy had my father murdered and all he's done since is hide from the law. Well, no more hiding for Mr Derek Powers. Now everyone can see him for what he is. Even in the dark.
- Blight: Why do you persist in tormenting me?! All I want is to be alone!
- Batman: Can't let you run around. We have rules against radioactive waste.
- Blight: [being stalked from the shadows by Batman] Who are you?!
- Batman: [pauses] You really want to know?
- Blight: Yes!
- Batman: [enters] You killed my father.
- [Slight pause]
- Blight: Do you have the slightest idea how little that narrows it down?!
- Batman: Too bad. That's all you'll ever get.
- Batman: You made a bad enemy tonight.
- Paxton Powers: What are you going to do? Testify against me in that mask?
- Batman: Oh, I'm not talking about me. I'm the least of your worries.
- [He indicates the news program, which states that Blight's body has not been found]
- Paxton Powers: Well, whattaya know? He melted with the sub.
- Batman: Sure he did.
(After Batman shot Tigress and turns her back to normal)
- Ramond: (When he saw what Batman do to Tigress) What did you do to her?
- Batman: Let's just say I put the cat out.
- Ramond: No! I'm never going back to being a nobody! You hear me?!
(Batman tries to fire which it is gone when Ramond charges and Batman throws Ramond to the statues when Batman hooks his pierced nose and throws it away while Cuvier starts splicing himself)
- Batman: (While reloading the cure inside the gun) Have a dose of reality pal. You need it. (Shoots him and turns himself back to normal)
- Batman: (After shooting all 3 splicers, he saw Cuvier's shadow heading towards the next room and he walks down the next room and creeps up against the walls) I fixed your pets, Doc. Now, it's just you and me. So why not come out and fight me, man to freakshow?
- Dr. Cuvier: [as a powerful spliced hybrid] Look at me! The affinities of the entire animal kingdom are at my command! What can one blind little bat do against that?
- Batman: The best I can.
- Bruce Wayne: Cuvier would be deadlier than ever now that he is being hunted. (He sees a claw on Terry's costume) What's this? Hmm?
- Terry McGinis: One of Cuvier's claws. Too bad we can't use it to find him.
- Bruce Wayne: We can't. (They turned to see Ace staring at them)
- Batman: Look Wonder dog, I don't like you and you don't like me. But; how about cut me a break just one time. (Shows him the claw) Bad Guy! You find, me stop, Got it?
- Batman: (Before Cuvier in his spliced form tries to kill Ace, which Batman intervines) Don't touch my dog!
- Batman: You're getting a little ahead of me.
- Bruce: Don't you read the news? It was only ten years ago.
- Batman: I was seven.
- Bruce: Oh.
- Batman: Where do I start?
- Bruce: Well we've got a rough idea where the house is, and we know the underground rivers can take you almost anywhere in the city. That's the good news.
- Batman: And the bad news?
- Bruce: Everything else.
- Batman: He's not your father, not really. He's... a ghost.
- Scab: I know what this thing is.
- Joker #2: What?
- Scab: Ours.
- Batman: (after telling Joker #2 that his "bros" left him) Look's like you're an only child now.
- Bruce: I had to shut down the computer when Vance’s program tried to get in. If you want out of the cave, you're going to have to do it the old-fashioned way.
- Terry: You're kidding.
- Bruce: None of the Robins ever complained.
- Bruce: Terry, it's only the suit that's out of commission. Not Batman.
- Max: Just one thing, McGinnis. You ever call me "Robin", and I'm out of here.
- Terry: No problem... Alfred.
- Max: (confused) "Alfred?"
- Terry: You should see this place, antiques, relics, you'd be right at home.
- Bruce: Cute.
- [Matt McGinnis has been captured by the Stalker.]
- Matt: So, what're you gonna do to me, mister? Cut out my heart? Eat my liver?
- Stalker: Don't be dramatic. You are merely bait.
- Bruce: Ah to be young again. ...And gullible!
- Melanie: If you hate me, I understand. What I did to you before, I didn't have a choice. It was between you and my family.
- Terry: We always have a choice, Melanie.
- Terry: You can't live your life in a fantasy world.
- Max: Why not?! What's so great about reality?!
- Mad Stan: Look around, Batman. Society's crumbling, and do you know why?
- Batman: Too many overdue books?
- Mad Stan: Information overload, man! As a society, we're drowning in a quagmire of vid-clips, e-mail, and sound bites; we can't absorb it all! There's only one sane solution: blow it up!
- Terry: Where are you?
- Tamara (Girl): In a boat.
- Terry: Where's the boat?
- Tamara (Girl): In the water.
- Terry: Where in the water?
- Tamara (Girl): I don't know!
- Batman: By the way, what's the creepy lady's power?
- Tamara (Girl): I don't know, but they call her "Bombshell".
- Batman: Oh, that's encouraging.
[Terry is unable to remember who Garrison Jacobs is]
- Dana: Where have you been for the last two weeks? In a cave?
- Terry: Umm... (shrugs)
- Terry: An invisible boy in the girl's locker room. Why didn't I think of that?
- Dana: What?
- Terry: Uh... never mind.
- Bruce: These people believe that anything they can't explain is magic.
- Terry: And naturally you don't believe in that kind of thing.
- Bruce: Of course I do. I've seen it all. Demons, witchboys, immortals, zombies... but this thing, I dunno, it just feels so... so high school.
- Bruce: [talking about Willie Watt] He's drawn to the school, it's an obsession.
- Terry: Your area of expertise.
- Terry: How did you know Robin would get there in time to save you?
- Bruce: I didn't.
- Terry: Then for all you knew, you were walking into a trap with no way out.
- Bruce: Sometimes you have to.
Terry's Friend Dates a Robot
- Howard: These things happen! We can still be friends!
- (Batman groans and puts a hand over his eyes)
- Cynthia: Friends? FRIENDS?!
- (she starts to crackle with electricity)
- Howard: Wrong thing to say?
- Batman: Is it ever the right thing to say?
- Bruce Wayne: By the way, have you heard about your so-called victim?
- Terry McGinnis: Mad Stan? Did they finally find him?
- Bruce Wayne: (smiles) Oh, yes.
- (cut to Stan in front of City Hall)
- Mad Stan: (laughing manically) Finally, an end to the bureaucratic nightmare!
- (He hits his triggers, and City Hall blows up)
- Mad Stan: No more graft! No more payoffs! NO MORE JURY DUTY!
- Max: How do you do it?
- Terry: Do what?
- Max: This hero thing?
- Terry: It's easier for me. I've got the suit.
- Max: No. How do you save the world... and not tell anybody?!
The Last Resort
- [As Batman listens in with his fingertip microphones]
- Dr. Wheeler: ...easiest thing in the world, being a teenager: you get up, you go to school, you come home, and you do your homework. How do you mess that up? Yet all of you did, in one way or another ― and now I have to clean up that mess!
- Batman: He's been going on like this for hours, telling them how worthless they are, and how only he can help them. Won't even let 'em go to the bathroom!
- Bruce: Sleep deprivation, endless harangues; it's classic brainwashing. Some cults do it. It's also occassionally used on prisoners of war.
- Batman: And Wheeler's doing it to kids.
- Terry: What do we need more evidence for? You taped the feed from my fingertip mikes, didn't you? All you gotta do is take it to the authorities.
- Bruce: And what do I say when they ask me where I got it? A little bat left it on my front porch?
- Terry: Oh.
- Batman: Some jobs are just too tough for Batman. That's when Terry McGinnis swings into action!
- Terry McGinnis: So the judge was lenient, I'm glad.
- Jared Tate: My dad cooperated in every way. Of course, he won't be home for a while, and there's that fine...
- Terry: Yeah, I heard you lost the car.
- Jared: You meet more interesting people on public transportation.
- Maxine Gibson: You know, I've got my sister's car while she's out of town. You ever need a ride, I'm there.
- Terry: You never made that offer to me.
- Max: Maybe 'cause you're spoiled.
- [In response to a man who have acknowledged Terry's identity as Batman]
- Terry: Mom, Matt, there's something I need to tell you.
- Mary: After the show, dear.
- Terry: No! It can't wait! I--I'm... Batman.
- (Matt and Mary laugh)
- Terry: Seriously, I am!
- Mary: Terry, please!
- Bruce: What I need from you is...
- [School bell rings]
- Terry: It'll have to wait till tonight. I got to get to class. It's family studies, and I'm failing.
- [Comlink goes offline, Bruce faces his dog]
- Bruce: How does someone fail family studies?
- [Eggbaby is crying over the comlink]
- Bruce: What's that?
- Batman: It's, uh... nothing.
- Bruce: Terry, is there something you haven't been telling me?
- [After Blade refuses to care for the baby]
- Terry: I want a divorce!
- Terry: Is being Batman just giving me a suspicious nature?
- Max: Yes.
- Bruce: I'm only human.
- Terry: I keep forgetting.
Sentries of the Last Cosmos
- Max: Do you think there's a connection?
- Terry: Is Jar-Jar lame?
- Cory: Hey! Watch it!
- Nelson: Or what? You're gonna bop me with a flaming sword? Get a life.
- Batman: That's all you can find for Eldon Michaels? An address?
- Bruce: I searched everywhere for information about him. I found nothing. Not even a birthday.
- Batman: Maybe he really is from outer space.
(Batman got shot by a lazer gun on the chest and a batarang hit Eldon Michaels's gun away from his hand)
- Eldon Michaels: Ow! That hurt!
- Batman: "Ow! That hurt?"
- Bruce: It's not easy to give up being God.
- Batman: I guess you'd know.
- Bruce: Why weren't you watching your back?
- Batman: I was too busy watching my front. Am I supposed to have eyes everywhere?
- Bruce: Only if you want to live to a ripe old age.
- Batman: You don't make it sound too inviting.
- Payback: You're a mean old man, you know that?
- Bruce: Mm-hmm. And what are you?
- Payback: I'm your worst nightmare!
- Bruce: You have no idea what my nightmares are like.
- Max: I'm staying. I want to find Terry, too.
- Bruce: Go home.
- Max: Make me.
- [Bruce stares]
Ace in the Hole
- Paxton Powers: Bruce Wayne's my mentor! He's like a father to me!
- Barbara Gordon: Except he doesn't glow in the dark.
- Paxton: Hey, I resent that! Where's my lawyer? I'll sue!
- Bruce: Anything broken?
- Batman: If I said yes, could I go home?
- Bruce: No.
- Bruce: When I was younger, women used to throw themselves at my feet all the time.
- Terry: What'd you do?
- Bruce: I stepped over them.
- Terry: Smooth.
- Bruce: I thought so.
- Guard 1: (After seeing the Repeller) Get a load of the freak in long johns.
- Guard 2: You really haven't been in Gotham long, have you, kid?
- Dr. Blades: What makes you think that you can rummage through my files like you own the place?
- Bruce: Because I do. Bruce Wayne.
- Batman: He expects me to work even harder while he's gone!
- Max: Why?
- Batman: He always thinks something bad's going to happen the minute he leaves town. (sky lights up) And somehow he's always right.
- Inque: [dissolving] After all I gave you... how could you have turned out like this?
- Deanna: You never gave me anything except money, mother. How did you expect me to turn out?
- Terry: Guys this is Charlie "Big Time" Bigelow. Charlie was always scheming about how it was going to make it big and the name stuck.
- Charlie: And T.T. is Tiny Terry, 'cause he was always thinking small.
Out of the Past
- Bruce: [to Terry, in response to Batman: The Musical] You hate me, don't you?
- Terry: C'mon, took me weeks to get tickets for this show. It's schway.
- Bruce: It's shw-arbage. [gets up and leaves]
- Terry: I'll tell you right now: there's no way I'm wearing the Robin suit.
- Talia: Ra's al Ghul was a man of many contrasts. Leader, environmentalist--
- Terry McGinnis: Sociopath.
- Bruce Wayne: I should have known you'd cheat death again, Ra's!
- Ra's al Ghul: I don't cheat death. I master it.
- Bruce: Sure Ra's, why not? Anything to hold off the Grim Reaper a few more seconds. I take it back. You don't cheat death. You whimper in fear of it!
- Ra's: SILENCE! [slaps Bruce]
- Bruce: And you hit like a girl.
- Batman: [after stopping Ra's al Ghul from transferring his mind into Bruce's body] Lady, that is the sickest thing I've ever seen. You're creeping me out!
- Bruce: You? She kissed me!
- [Ra's compound has just exploded and he, in Talias body, was inside]:
- Terry:I'm going back! Maybe I can... [Bruce grabs his shoulder]
- Bruce: Whatever was in there died years ago.
- Bruce: [about Talia] She was a very special woman.
- Terry: The special woman?
- Bruce: You going on patrol at some point tonight?
- Terry: [turns and walks away, donning his cowl] See you in the morning.
- [Bruce looks at the screen with Talia's picture]
- Bruce: Rest well, beloved.
Speak No Evil
- Terry: Did you hear a scream?
- Dana: Hey, it's Gotham City. That's practically our theme song.
- Zoologist: [calling after the escaped gorilla] Fingers!
- Batman: Fingers?
- Zoologist: My kids named him.
- Bruce: He's a kindred spirit if I've ever seen one.
- Superman: Good to see you, Bruce.
- Bruce: It's been a while.
- Superman: You seem to be holding up pretty well.
- Bruce: I could use some of that Kryptonian DNA.
- Superman: You'll outlive us all, Bruce. You're too stubborn to die.
- Superman: Stick with Warhawk. He needs your help.
- Batman: (sarcastically) Right. Warhawk. My good buddy.
(After seeing Superman betray them on a screen)
- Barda: I don't believe it.
- Aquagirl: It is hard to accept..
- Barda: No, I mean I don't believe this thing.
- Batman: It came straight from the Batmobile's recorder.
- Barda: And that's suppose to convince me! I know even less about your vehicle than I do about you!
- Batman: What reason do I have to end up in the middle of this.
- Barda: What reason would Superman have to kill Warhawk! It's easier for me to believe that you fabricated this.
- Batman: Listen lady, I never asked to be part of this club. You people just came to me.
- Barda: That was only Superman who came to you and now you're accusing him of murder! It doesn't make sense!
- Batman: I know it doesn't! And it's not going to be unless you open your eyes and stop being so pigheaded!
- Warhawk: Yeah, Barda, calm down. The kid's right.
- Aquagirl: Warhawk! How did you....?
- Warhawk: I wasn't in the armor. I was operating it by remote, that's the only reason I'm not dust right now.
- Kai-ro: Very shrewd. Not very like you.
- Batman: Well, not Aquagirl. Of course, I did save her life.
- Bruce: That's one way to make friends.
- Warhawk: [about Batman] He disobeyed me... I like that.
- Big Barda: So, where should we boom them to? Deep space? The surface of the sun?
- Superman: Barda, these creatures never asked to come here. We have no right to kill them.
- Warhawk: Back to his old self, all right.
- [Batman is in the Batmobile, being pursued by Superman.]
- Batman: What's the top speed on this thing?
- Bruce Wayne: Mach three.
- Batman: Is that faster than a speeding bullet?
- Big Barda: [inviting Batman to join the Justice League] C'mon. It'll put you one up on the old Batman. He never made it past part-timer.
- Superman: Yeah. He wasn't what you'd call a "joiner".
- Batman: Maybe he and I have something in common after all. [walks off]
- Superman: More than you think, son. More than you think.
- Bruce Wayne: I'm sorry. I know how hard it is to go against a friend.
- Terry McGinnis: I outgrew him, that's all.
Curse of Kobra
- Terry: It's a toxic waste dump.
- Bruce: Or so they say. Can you think of a better way to keep people away?
- Terry: Call it a high school?
- Zander's Assistant: I telling you it's a big mistake. She's rude, she's sarcastic, and she has absolutely no respect.
- Batman: Gotta be Max.
- Bruce: Don't blame yourself.
- Terry: Why not? It's my fault.
- Bruce: I know, but blaming's not productive.
- Batman: These people tried to raise you without family, or friends, or love. But you couldn't get along without those things, could you?
- Zander: You're right. It was my weakness.
- Dr. Childes: I told you it would never work. I'll have her eliminated.
- Zander: No! I like her. She's so different from these mindless automatons I'm surrounded by. She's... She's a person.
- Dr. Childes: That's the problem.
- Ro: Zeta was picked up by some muscle-bound gorilla with a thing for explosives.
- Batman: Mad Stan.
- Batman: I'll go. You're staying here.
- Ro: But...
- Batman: Don't make me lock you in!
- Ro: And just what am I supposed to do while you're gone?
[Batman turns on the radio]
- Batman: Enjoy.
- Ro: (sarcastically) Thanks heaps.
Return of the Joker
See Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker for quotes from the movie.