Water, Water Every Hare
Water, Water Every Hare is a Looney Tunes cartoon released in 1952 featuring Bugs Bunny and Gossamer, with a similar premise to Hair-Raising Hare. The title is a pun on the line "Water, water, everywhere / Nor any drop to drink" from the poem The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. The cartoon is available on Disc 1 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 1.
Some clips from this cartoon was featured in Daffy Duck's Quackbusters, With new animation featuring the Paranormalists at Large commercials, where Bugs Bunny runs away from Gossamer as Daffy advertises.
- Well. That's that!
- [Bugs unknowningly uses a mummy to keep himself warm.]
- Evil Scientist: A wee bit small! But, it'll have to do!
- [Bugs notices the mummy, and runs away, on the Evil Scientist's arms.]
- Bugs Bunny: W-w-w-what's Up, Doc? [notices the Evil Scientist, and screams]
- Evil Scientist: Now, be a cooperative little bunny, and let me have your brain.
- Bugs Bunny: Sorry, Doc, but I need what little I've got.
- Bugs Bunny: [discovers Gossamer] Uh-oh. Think fast, rabbit. My stars! Where did you ever get that awful hairdo? It doesn't become you at all.
- [Bugs sits the monster down and starts brushing its hair]
- Bugs Bunny: Here, for goodness' sake, let me fix it up. Look how stringy and messy it is. What a shame. Such an interesting monster, too. My stars, if an interesting monster can't have an interesting hairdo, then I don't know what things are coming to. In my business you meet so many interesting people - Bobby pins, please - but the most interersting ones are the monsters. Oh, dear, that will never stay. We'll just have to have a permanemanent.
- [Bugs runs to get some dynamite and puts it on the monster's hair like rollers]
- Bugs Bunny: Now, I've got to give an interesting old lady a manicure, but I'll be back before you're done.
- [Bugs leaves as the dynamite explodes, leaving a huge bald spot on the monster's head]
- Bugs Bunny: Must've been a nightmare!
- Gossamer: [on a rowboat] Oh Yeah! That's what you think!
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny / Gossamer / Mouse.
- John T. Smith as Evil Scientist. (uncredited)