This is a list of episodes in the Pokémon anime, named Pokémon: Indigo League for the DVD releases. The episodes aired in Japan as Pocket Monsters (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?), covering the first season of the series about the adventures of the protagonist Ash Ketchum and his friends Misty and Brock on the way to the Indigo Plateau. The episodes were directed by Masamitsu Hidaka and produced by Oriental Light and Magic and TV Tokyo.
- 1 Pokémon: I Choose You!
- 2 Pokémon Emergency!
- 3 Ash Catches a Pokémon!
- 4 Challenge of the Samurai!
- 5 The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
- 6 Electric Shock Showdown!
- 7 Pokémon Shipwreck!
- 8 Island of the Giant Pokémon!
- 9 Beauty and the Beach
- 10 The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
- 11 Haunter vs Kadabra
- 12 Sparks Fly For Magnemite
- 13 Dig Those Diglett
- 14 The Ninja Poké-Showdown
- 15 The Bridge Bike Gang
- 16 Pikachu's Goodbye
- 17 Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon
- 18 Holy Matrimony!
- 19 To Master the Onixpected
- 20 Fire And Ice
- 21 The Fourth Round Rumble
- 22 External links
Pokémon: I Choose You!
- Ash: Hey! Get outta there!
- [Rattata runs away from his backpack]
- Pokédex: The Forest Pokémon: Rattata. It likes cheese, nuts, fruits, and berries.
- Ash: Yeah, but this isn't a forest. It's an open field.
- Pokédex: It also comes out in open fields to steal food from stupid travelers.
- Ash: So does that mean I'm stupid?
- Officer Jenny: I left my motorcycle parked at the front desk!
- Nurse Joy: Next time, use the driveway.
- Professor Oak: When my grandson Gary said that you wouldn't have a single new Pokémon by the time you got to Viridian City, I bet him $1,000,000 that he'd be wrong!
- Ash: [surprised] Well, money isn't everything, right?
- Professor Oak: [dejected] Oh, why do I even bother?
- [Misty confronts Ash at the Pokémon Center with her burnt bicycle]
- Misty: I knew I'd find you here!
- Ash: [seeing that her bike is destroyed] Hey, what happened to your bike?!
- Misty: What happened to my bike?! You happened to my bike, you little loser! This is what's left after you stole it to save your Pokémon!
- Misty: You grab Pikachu and get out of here! I'll take care of these three clowns.
- Jessie: That's pretty big talk coming from such a little lady.
- Misty: At least you're right about the pretty part, thanks for the compliment.
- James: The girl thinks she's pretty.
- Jessie: I agree with her. I think she's pretty, too. Pretty pathetic!
- Misty: Hmmmm, I'll show you! Poké Ball, go!
- [Goldeen comes out rolling and jumping on the floor, to Jessie and James' shock]
- Misty: Goldeen, return.
- Jessie: That's her best shot?
- James: She's all washed up.
Ash Catches a Pokémon!
- Ash: [hugging his Poké-Ball] I love my new little Pokémon!
- Misty: I guess it takes a worm to love a worm.
- Ash: [sarcastically] Very funny.
- Misty: [about Caterpie] It's so gross. [scared] Ash, put that slimy thing back in the Poké-Ball! Bugs are one of the three most disgusting things in the world!
- Ash: Aside from you, what are the other disgusting things?
- Misty: Very funny. Carrots, peppers, and bugs. Everybody has something they don't like and I don't like bugs!
- Ash: Well, yeah, I like carrots, and peppers, and bugs. What I don't like is the way you're hurting Caterpie's feelings with your silly fear of bugs.
- Misty: [dismissively] Hmph!
Challenge of the Samurai!
- [Misty screams]
- Ash: What's wrong now?
- Misty: I saw another bug. Gross!
- [Pikachu and Ash sigh]
- Ash: Maybe its a cow-derpie!
The Water Flowers of Cerulean City
- James: The coast is clear.
- Jessie: Nothing to fear.
- Meowth: Nobody here!
- Misty: Oh no! Staryu looks like it's in real pain!
- Ash: It doesn't even have a face. How can you tell?
- Misty: Because I'm sensitive to other's feelings! That's how!
- Ash: [sarcastically] Oh, yeah? Like I'm not?
Electric Shock Showdown!
- Ash: Use the strategy we planned, Pikachu! You can do it!
- Surge: A strategy? So they've planned a new way to lose!
- James: Jessica?
- Jessie: Yes, James?
- James: Whoever said beauty doesn't last must've been thinking of us!
- Jessie: I'll always remember what a wonderful dresser you were!
- James: So will I!
- Jessie: Dimwit! If you're the master, don't act like you're scared of it!
- James: I am scared!
Island of the Giant Pokémon!
- Squirtle: Maybe they got eaten by wild Pokémon. [makes a scary face with razor-sharp teeth, making a chomping motion]
- Pikachu: Don't say things like that!
- Charmander: Yeah, cut it out!
- Squirtle: Sorry.
- [after a giant Venusaur is spotted]
- Squirtle: [to Bulbasaur] You go and speak to it, you guys are like family!
- Bulbasaur: No way. I have no family. Consider me an orphan.
- Charmander: Good point.
- Squirtle: Coward.
Beauty and the Beach
- Prof. Oak: Your mother's been worried about you, Ash. She says she still thinks of you as her little pumpkin.
- Ash: That makes me sound like a baby.
- Delia: You'll always be my baby, won't you?
- Ash: Yeah.
- Delia: Well, I just hope you aren't eating a lot of junk food and getting into any trouble.
- Ash: Of course not!
- [he suddenly remembers his boat accident]
- Ash: At least not a lotta trouble.
- Delia: What's that mean?
- Moe: I'm the one who got into trouble, Mrs. Ketchum. Ash helped out at my restaurant when I really needed help. But even more importantly, your son has been a great inspiration to me.
- Delia: That's wonderful! What a relief.
- Ash: Thanks, Moe.
The Ghost of Maiden's Peak
- Misty: Then how about this!
- Gastly: What's that?
- Misty: It's a cross! I've also got garlics, a stake, and a hammer!
- Gastly: ...What do I look like, a vampire or something?
Haunter vs Kadabra
- James: With a flick of this fishing net, we'll round up Pikachu.
- Meowth: You mean that's your secret weapon?!
- James: It takes a genius to realize a fishing net is the perfect weapon!
- Jessie: Oh, James, it's the greatest discovery since Einstein invented the light bulb!
- Jessie and James: [sing and dance] Even greater than the chicken who invented the egg!
- [the egg falls on them]
- James: All of us true geniuses know, of course, that it was actually the egg that preceded the chicken.
- Jessie: Of course. I knew that. I had just forgotten.
- Meowth: Now you got my brain scrambled! Let's cut the egg-splanations and capture Pikachu!
Sparks Fly For Magnemite
- Ash: Gee, that Magnemite is following Pikachu around like some sort of streaker.
- Brock: Um, Ash, you mean 'stalker'.
Dig Those Diglett
- James: Some principle of induced evolution.
- Jessie: [reads a manual] It says here that Pokémon need to accumulate a certain amount of experience points before they can successfully evolve.
- James: [depressed] Our experience is nothing but losing.
The Ninja Poké-Showdown
- Aya: Born in darkness, living in darkness, such is the fate of the ninja. I am Aya, ninja warrior!
- Misty: [about Aya's uniform color] But don't you think that color is a little bright for a ninja?
- Aya: I don't need your fashion report!
The Bridge Bike Gang
[Ash, Misty and Brock finds out Jessie and James used to belong to a bike gang]
- James: I guess our secret past is not a secret anymore.
- Ash: I kind of wish it still was!
- Meowth: It's a Pika-Palooza!
- Jesse: We're at the Pika of our powers.
- James: Chu can say that again, Jess!
Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon
- [Gary is digging for fossils and stumbles upon one]
- Gary: Success! My first Pokémon fossil!
- Fan Girls: Yay! Gary, Gary, he's the best! Found a fossil before the rest! Go, Gary!
- [an expert comes over, takes the fossil out of Gary's hands and examines it]
- Gary: Impressive, isn't it? Found it on my first try. Looks like a brain from an extinct Pokémon.
- Expert: This is-
- Gary: [hopeful] A brain?
- Expert: It's fossilized Pokémon manure. [Gary collapses in shock]
- Fan Girls: Ewwwwww. Yuck! Gross!
- Brock: I can't believe James is gone!
- Ash: I miss him!
- Misty: Grrrr... JAMES IS STANDING RIGHT HERE!
- Ash: WOAH! Look at that!
- Misty: It's huge!
- Brock: I've seen shopping malls smaller than this place!
- Misty: It must have a hundred rooms!
- Ash: It's the biggest mansion I've ever seen!
- Hopkins (the butler at James' family's mansion): This is not the mansion! This little dog house is for Growlie.
To Master the Onixpected
- [Ash and the gang catch Team Rocket disguised as polecats]
- Jessie: Prepare for trouble, whippersnapper!
- James: And make it double, young feller!
- Meowth: I think we can fast forward through this.
- [he presses the fast-forward button on his remote, and everything speeds up]
- Jessie: [in hyperspeed] To protect the world from devastation!
- James: [also in hyperspeed] To unite all people within our nation!
- Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love!
- James: To extend our reach to the stars above!
- Jessie: JESSIE!
- James: JAMES!
- Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light!
- James: Surrender now or prepare to fight!
- Meowth: [also in hyperspeed] Okay!
- [he presses the play button, and everything returns to normal speed]
- Meowth: [normal speed] Meowth, that's right!
- Jessie: [also in normal speed; worn out] Exhausting.
- James: [also in normal speed; worn out] I think I bit my tongue!
Fire And Ice
- Waitress: Do you want a plate?
- Ash: Yeah, but only if it's a collection plate!
The Fourth Round Rumble
- Jeanette: [to Bellsprout] Make Bulba-sore! [laughs]