This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: Johto League Champions, the fourth season of the Pokémon animated series (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?, Pocket Monsters), covering the further adventures of series protagonist Ash Ketchum and his friends in Johto.
- 1 A Goldenrod Opportunity
- 2 A Dairy Tale Ending
- 3 Air Time
- 4 The Bug Stops Here
- 5 Type Casting
- 6 Fossil Fools
- 7 Carrying On
- 8 Hassle in the Castle
- 9 Two Hits and a Miss
- 10 A Hot Water Battle
- 11 Hook, Line and Stinker
- 12 Beauty and the Breeder
- 13 A Better Pill to Swallow
- 14 Power Play
- 15 Mountain Time
- 16 Wobbu-Palooza
- 17 Imitation Confrontation
- 18 The Trouble with Snubbull
- 19 Ariados Amigos
- 20 Wings 'N Things
- 21 The Grass Route
- 22 The Apple Corp
- 23 Houndoom's Special Delivery
- 24 A Ghost of a Chance
- 25 From Ghost to Ghost
- 26 Trouble's Brewing
- 27 All That Glitters
- 28 The Light Fantastic
- 29 UnBEARable
- 30 Moving Pictures
- 31 Spring Fever
- 32 Freeze Frame
- 33 The Stolen Stones
- 34 The Dunsparce Deception
- 35 The Wayward Wobbuffet
- 36 Sick Daze
- 37 Ring Masters
- 38 The Poké-Spokeman
- 39 Control Freak!
- 40 The Art of Pokémon
- 41 The Heartbreak of Brock
- 42 Current Events
- 43 Turning over a New Bayleef
- 44 Doin' What Comes Natu-rally
- 45 The Big Balloon Blow-Up
- 46 The Screen Actor's Guilt
- 47 Right On, Rhydon
- 48 The Kecleon Caper
- 49 The Joy of Water Pokémon
- 50 Got Miltank?
- 51 Fight for the Light
- 52 Machoke, Machoke Man
- 53 External links
A Goldenrod Opportunity
A Dairy Tale Ending
- Ash: My name is Pallet and I come from Ketchum!
- Mary: Ash, is not that wrong?
- Ash: No, this is Ash and I am Pikachu!
- Misty: This Meowth looks so real, I can't tell it's a dummy!
- Meowth: [to himself] She can't tell I'm real and I'm the dummy?
The Bug Stops Here
- [Flying in their hot air balloon]
- Jessie: There it is. I think we should go straight up the river.
- Meowth: And so do the cops.
- Jessie: James, what's taking so long? Aren't those potatoes ready yet?
- James: Not yet, Jess.
- Jessie: Can't you hurry it up a little?
- Meowth: Hey, maybe they'll cook faster if we turn the fire higher.
- James: Great idea.
- [Meowth turns the fire up which burns the balloon and they come crashing down]
- Jessie: That was a great idea!
- Meowth: Are the spuds done?
- James: Well done.
- Fisherman: I love to, but before I do, one of you trainers could catch me a Sudowoodo.
- Ash: A Sudowoodo?
- Fisherman: Yes, the Sudowoodo is a real rare kind of Pokémon. They say you can find them at the top of that mountain there, but I have never seen one. Three Pokémon Trainers might have a better chance of catching a Sudowoodo than me.
- Misty: [when Ash opens his Pokédex] Let’s see what Dexter says.
- Dexter: “Sudowoodo, the Imitation Pokémon. This rare Pokémon hides in trees to avoid capture.”
- Misty: Sudowoodo looks pretty interesting.
- Pierre: That's impossible! None of the research papers back that up!
- Marie: Well, if you spend less reading research and more time DOING research, you it IS possible!
- Pierre: Then you're saying every single report is wrong?!
- Marie: I’m saying there’s a possibility they are!
- Pierre: You must be smarter than I am! And the other experts that agree with me!
- Marie: I don’t know about the other experts, but I’m definitely smarter than you are!
- Ash: Sudowoodo is a Rock-type?!
- Misty: That’s pretty hard to believe. Rock-type Pokémon are usually rocky and gravely like Geodude, Graveler, Golem and Onix.
- Ash: Sudowoodo is more like...
- Misty: More like a Grass-type Pokémon. I can’t believe it’s a Rock-type.
- Marie: I agree with you, Misty. I can’t believe it either. But all the researchers say Sudowoodo is a Rock-type.
- Pierre: We already have the answers!
- Marie: You can believe the books, but I think finding answers first hand is always the best!
- Brock: Exactly right! Yours is the first hand I've held in a long time and I can tell you from personal experience you can't find this in a book! Maybe you and I can do some research in the field of love?
- Misty: [pulls Brock by his ear] In that field, your position is left out.
- [when trying to find a Sudowoodo]
- Marie: There have been reports of Sudowoodo looking like oak trees, plum trees and cherry trees. They even change color like real trees.
- Ash: Wow. [fantasizes several Sudowoodo] They must be Grass-types.
- Pierre: [looking up] Sudowoodo gather branches to look like trees.
- [the leaves fall down from the branches]
- Ash: Maybe not.
- [When Sudowoodo falls through a hole]
- Ash: Did Sudowoodo use Dig?
- Marie: Maybe that means it’s a Ground-type.
- [Suddenly, a net comes up out of the hole, revealing Sudowoodo]
- Ash: What’s going on here?!
- Jessie: Prepare for trouble, because we’re in cahoots.
- James: And make it trouble, right down to our roots.
- Jessie: To protect the world from devastation.
- James: To unite all peoples within our nation.
- Jessie: To denounce the evils of truth and love.
- James: To extend our reach to the stars above.
- Jessie: Jessie!
- James: And James!
- Jessie: Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light.
- James: Surrender now or prepare to fight fight fight.
- Meowth: [bursts out of a stump] That’s right!
- Misty: They’re gone!
- Ash: And took Sudowoodo with them!
- Marie: We’ll never find it again!
- Brock: Don't worry, Marie, we'll find that Sudowoodo and if we don't I'll leave my friends and dedicate myself to working with you 24/7 every minute of the day and night... [gets hit by Misty’s mallet]
- Misty: How about part time.
- [about the Sudowoodo that Team Rocket brought]
- Fisherman: [suspiciously] Why isn’t it saying anything?
- Meowth: Maybe it doesn’t want to talk to strangers.
- Fisherman: Well, whatever it is, it doesn’t look too healthy.
- Ash: When are we gonna see your big discovery?
- Foster: Let’s finish this first, then we’ll see.
- Oak: That’s what I used to say to get you off my back.
- Jessie: Oh as bad as that was; it taught us all an important lesson.
- James: It may be cloudy but our motto always shines through.
- Wobbuffet: [pops out] Wobba-fet!
- Jessie: Yes, that’s right, Wobbuffet. I- Hey! Who asked you for your opinion? You’re never right!
Hassle in the Castle
- Brock: If you like strength? Call me Rocko Brocko! Romantic? Try lover! Or Brocky, anything! you can call me any name that fits me! Well, what would you like to call me?
- Misty: [bored] Why don’t you try insane?
- Dr. Anna: Let’s start with Brock. And I’m Doctor Anna.
- Ash: Hey, you’ll never know. Maybe those two would make a really good match.
- Misty: You must mean the Zubat.
- James: We could have knocked on the front door. Why did we have to sneak in the back way, Jessie?
- Jessie: It’s what all the villains do, James.
- Meowth: It’s better this way. I get to pussyfoot around, and I’m good at it.
- Dr. Anna: Excuse me, do you have an appointment?!
- Jessie: We have no appointment, but we've been having some trouble!
- James: So prescribe us some ointment on the double!
- Jessie: To protect us from all that chafing and itching!
- James: It might finally stop all of Jessie's... complaining!
- Jessie: To eradicate the evils of athlete's feet!
- James: Maybe I can get rid of my prickly heat!
- Jessie: Jessie!
- James: James!
- Jessie: Team Rocket's been scratching at the speed of light!
- James: So give us some salve or we'll never sleep tonight!
- Meowth: Meowth, that's right.
- Anna: It looks like both routes are dangerous.
- James: We could all be trapped here for the rest of our lives!
- Meowth: Well that’s that! Let’s take a break and make a sandwich!
Two Hits and a Miss
- Misty: Why did all those Trainers bow to you?
- Kenso: Because I am the shihan of this dojo
- [Misty and Brock gasp]
- Ash: Shihan? I think I had that once at a Chinese restaurant.
- [Everyone else but Ash falls over]
- Brock: DON'T YOU KNOW ANYTHING?! A shihan is the master teacher in a dojo!
- Ash: I thought it was chicken in a garlic sauce.
- Kenso: You're confusing me with General Tso.
- Jessie: Mmmm, I’d love to bring that back to the boss.
- James: We’d move straight to the Hitmontop of his list.
- Meowth: Then why don’t we try to catch it?
- Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet!
- Team Rocket: Exactly right!
- Jessie: Would you get back in your ball?!
- Wobbuffet: [when being sent back in] Wobbu!
- James: We were talking about the top, not the bottom.
A Hot Water Battle
- Meowth: Thanks for saving me, pal.
- Narrator: Chikorita, Totodile, and Cyndaquil work down their differences, pulled together, and got through an exciting adventure. Now, their friends again, and after they've been enjoyed some rest and relaxation, they'll set out once more on the road to Johto.
Hook, Line and Stinker
- Misty: Sign up this Poliwhirl as my partner, please!
- Lady: Alright.
- Ash: I want Pikachu to be my partner...
- Pikachu: Pika-chu!
- Brock: And I’ve decided I want you to be my partner!
- Lady: [gasps] What?...
- Misty: [dragging Brock by the ear] Nice try, Brock, but I think you missed the boat again...
Beauty and the Breeder
- Jessie: And there you have it, another masterpiece of Pokémon perfection!
- James: Yes, and true artists can even take a pathetically repulsive Pokémon and bring out its beauty, or at least cover up the ugly.
A Better Pill to Swallow
- Brock: [to Old Man Shuckle] I've never asked you for a favor before mainly because I've never met you before! But I'd be the happiest person in the world if you gave me that Shuckle juice!
- Meowth: Ahhh... Ain't that beautiful?... Nuttin' makes me more peaceful an' calm than sittin' an' watchin' a sunset.
- Wobbuffet: [pops up behind him] Wo-bba!
- Meowth: Hey! Pipe down! Can't ya see I'm calm an' peaceful here, ya dopey blob?!
- Ash: Hey! What are you guys tryin' to pull this time?!
- Jessie: The same as always. We're taking your Pikachu.
- Brock: You can't be serious!
- Misty: After we just saved all of you!
- James: It isn't our fault that you have bad judgment.
- James: I feel guilty stealing food from all the people who fed us so well.
- Meowth: All we're doin' is cuttin' out the middleman.
- [Duplica's Ditto imitating Ash's Totodile is unable to perform a Hydro Pump attack]
- Duplica: I don't understand what the problem could be Ash, your Totodile knows Hydro Pump, doesn't it?
- Ash: Uh, well... Not exactly, no.
- Totodile: To-to-to-to-to-to-to. Dile!
- Duplica: [moans and hangs her head down in disappointment/disbelief] I guess what ya don't know can't hurt ya...
The Trouble with Snubbull
- Brock: Nurse Joy, I think I could use a physical exam too!
- Nurse Joy: [confused] What?
- Brock: Your beauty makes my temperature rise, and your loveliness makes my tender heart skip a beat!
- Misty: [pulls Brock by his ear] If you think Nurse Joy would fall for that story, the only thing you need examined is your head.
- Jessie: Prepare to say good-bye to all of our trouble!
- James: Prepare to say hello to Snubbull!
- Jessie: To protect ourselves from being poor!
- James: When we get enough, we'll still get more!
- Jessie: We'll capture Snubbull and return it to its rich owner and get a big reward!
- James: Then there won't be anything we can't afford!
- Jessie: Jessie!
- James: James!
- Jessie: Team Rocket likes blasting off at the speed of light!
- James: But catching that Snubbull and getting that reward would be a delight!
- Meowth: Meowth! That's right! Agh! But what you're doin' ta me is dead wrong! You're supposed ta be my friends!
- Jessie: We are your friends Meowth and sometimes friends have to make sacrifices.
- James: What's the big deal?! Once we get that reward we'll buy you a new tail.
- Meowth: I don't wanna new tail! I want this one!
- Misty: That treatment made me look like a movie star all right, the star of a Horror Movie!...
- Brock: At least you didn't get your face blown up...
Wings 'N Things
- Jessie: If you added wings to Caterpie... It would look just like a Yanma, see?
- James: Jessie, I think you may have an honest to goodness talent.
- Meowth: Yeah, but not for poetry.
The Grass Route
- Ephraim: Wow, you must be a really great Pokémon Trainer Ash.
- Ash: [chuckling] Maybe. I don't like to say I'm great but that's what people tell me.
- Misty: [bored] Those people mustn't know him too well...
The Apple Corp
- Ash: Look guys, the Pichu really love Charmaine and Charmaine really loves the Pichu too.
- Brock: [jealous] Lucky Pichu...
Houndoom's Special Delivery
- Meowth: Just t'ink... We made t'ree cups of tea from only one teabag...
A Ghost of a Chance
- Morty: Thieves! You should be ashamed of yourself, how can people who are Pokémon Trainers steal other trainers' Pokémon?!
- James: It's quite easy.
- Jessie: We're Team Rocket members first and people second!
- Meowth: I ain't even a people.
(Pikachu pops his head out of the hole)
Jessie: Look, it's Pikachu!
Meowth: We hit the jackpot!
Pikachu: (tries to shock Team Rocket) Pika...
Jessie: Careful, Pikachu.
James: I wouldn't zap us if I were you.
Meowth: Unless you wanna zap your friend Togapi, too!
Pikachu: Pi, Pi, Pika.
Jessie: We won!
Meowth: Pikachu and Togapi!
James: And we've never would of caught them if I haven't bought my trusty medal deceter!
From Ghost to Ghost
- James: Look Meowth, my treasure detector is working again.
- Meowth: It woiked before?
- James: Luckily it was blasted away along with us, and the closer we get to Ecruteak, the more Treasure it senses!
- Jessie: I wish you'd come to your senses James, the only thing that contraption does is detect junk.
- Brock: [referring to four of the Kimono Sisters] Ash, this is terrible, I want all of them and they all want me. Am I right?
- Ash: You're half right.
All That Glitters
- Ash: [to Team Rocket] Give me Pikachu!
- Jessie: I'm sorry, that selection is unavailable!
The Light Fantastic
- Meowth: [referring to a piece of ice he's just licked] Hey! That thing could've been poison!
- Jessie: Well if it were, we wanted you to be the first to know!
- Meowth: That's considerate.
- Jessie: A corn field? I have an idea!
- Meowth: I dunno what it sounds like, but I bet it's corny.
- Brock: I was having a beautiful dream and, all of a sudden, it turned into a horrible nightmare.
- Misty: [quietly] Quiet, or I'll turn your life into a nightmare!
- Brock: Okay.
- Nurse Joy: Oh, no! That's the third report of backpack thief we've had this week.
- Brock: Nurse Joy, perhaps you and I can search for this thief, and in the process, discover true love.
- Misty: [pulls Brock by the ear] Knock it off, or you're gonna discover true pain.
- Ash: Did anybody else who got their backpack stolen mention a Teddiursa?
- Nurse Joy: Yes. Was the Teddiursa you met extra cute, extra cuddly and sweet as could be?
- Misty: That's my Teddiursa!
- Nurse Joy: And that's how it fools everybody, I'm afraid.
- Misty: Guess I got fooled too.
- Ash: You caused a lotta trouble!
- Misty: Yeah! What do you have to say for yourself now?!
- Teddiursa: [pulling yet another cute expression and holding a paw to its mouth] Ur...
- Misty: Cutie... I mean bad Teddiursa!
- Ash: Give back Brock's backpack, you thief!
- [Teddiursa takes the loaf of bread out of the backpack and eats it]
- Misty: This stinks.
- Brock: It's not even ashamed that it's a liar!
- Ash: If ya can't trust a little old lady, who can ya trust?
- Jessie: Let's forget Pokémon for a while. Once we find a spring we could open a quaint little inn there. We can call it "Jessie's Lodge".
- James: Jessie's Lodge?
- Jessie: Alright, "Jessie and James's Lodge".
- Meowth: Hey! Don't forget me!
- Jessie: "Jessie and James and Friend"!
- Misty: Look guys it's a Pokémon Centre.
- Ash: Wow, I never thought they'd have one all the way up here.
- Brock: Wouldn't this be the perfect spot to cuddle up with a hot cocoa and a warm Nurse Joy?
- [Everyone else looks at Brock strangely]
- Ash, Misty and Todd: Uh...
- Brock: That's not what I meant! I meant a warm fire!
The Stolen Stones
- James: Our plan to divide and conquer those kids worked completely.
- Jessie: We got the twerps off our tails and brought back Pikachu too.
- Wobbuffet: [pops up] Wob-buffet!
- Meowth: Heh! This is the only plan we ever had that actually worked! Let's get back ta the Boss before we blow it.
The Dunsparce Deception
- [James and Meowth are in Moltres and Dunsparce costumes respectively in a tacky play]
- Jessie: The mighty battle between Dunsparce and Moltres has begun!... Er, Moltres uses a Wing Attack.
- James: [poking Meowth] Wing wing...
- Meowth: Hey! Watch where you're wingin'!
The Wayward Wobbuffet
- James: I never thought I'd be saying this but I kind of miss the little blob...
- Meowth: Wobbuffet added that certain nothin'.
- Jessie: [after James and Meowth to taste Misty's cooking] Hey... What's the matter with you two? Don't you like it?
- Meowth: Well it ain't that I don't like it Jessie, it's that I hate it.
- Jessie: Don't you understand what it means to have pride and self respect and a sense of worth and value and dignity?!
- Meowth: I used ta... Before I met you!
- Meowth: I guess I am a liar, but before I learned how ta talk human I was honest an' trustworthy jus' like every udder Pokémon. Sometimes I wish I was never coised with such intelligence an' ability...
- Meowth: I wish I wasn't making a dope out of myself!
- James: Then stop that dreadful dancing!
- Meowth: Believe me, Jimmy, I wanna stop, but my body's got a mind of its own!
- Jessie: Prepare for the worst trouble you've ever seen!
- James: With the staff and the mask Jessie's the queen!
- Jessie: I'll rule the world with power and might!
- James: She'll capture Pokémon without a fight!
- Jessie: A queen, whose subjects must all kneel down before me!
- James: Yeah... But... I'll just kneel on one knee.
- Jessie: Jessie, Her Royal Highness!
- James: James, her lowly... Hey, wait a second!
- Jessie: Queen Jessie ruling all with power and might!
- James: [desperately] You'd better surrender or she'll go on like this all night!
- Meowth: [desperately] Yeah. Why fight?
- Meowth: This as this fast as it can go.
The Art of Pokémon
- Ash: [to Team Rocket] Are you gonna let those Smeargle go free?!
- Smeargle: [at different intervals] Smeargle...
- Jessie: No way!
- James: We're not in favor of that kind of artistic freedom!
The Heartbreak of Brock
- Misty: You've done some low things but this is the lowest! Tricking an innocent girl into getting engaged!
- James: It wasn't me, it was her!
- Head of Security: I'm the Head of Security, have you been waiting long?
- Brock: [grabs her hand] For you? I've been waiting my whole life for you.
- Misty: [pulls Brock by the ear] Cool it Brock, she's here to save Ash, not your love life.
- Head of Security: [once she opens the door] Got it! Now let's go in and find your friend.
- Brock: Oh thank you, miss! Now perhaps you can open your heart and let my love enter in.
- Head of Security: [confused] Huh?
- Misty: [pulls Brock's ear] It's time for you to exit.
Turning over a New Bayleef
- Brock: If Bayleef is like a girl in love, logical explanations won't work!
Doin' What Comes Natu-rally
- [Victreebel bites/consumes James as usual while Team Rocket battle in a school]
- James: Victreebel! Please! Not in front of the children!
The Big Balloon Blow-Up
- [Team Rocket are at the entry form desk]
- Jessie: Don't forget to put my name in James.
- James: Yes and Meowth's too.
- Guy: You don't have to put down the name of the Pokémon you're using.
- Meowth: Whadda ya mean Usin'?! [the guy gasps in surprise] Nobody's usin' me Pal! I'm the balloon pilot here; these two are just along fer the ride!
The Screen Actor's Guilt
- [The group have just viewed a movie trailer with Brad Van Darn, a man they met earlier]
- Brad: [in the trailer] I'll take you to the Ultra Maximum.
- Ash: He doesn't act like a movie star in person...
- Brock: He doesn't act like a person in the movies!
- Misty: Hey! Where's Togepi?
- Brock: Yeah, Smoochum's gone, too.
- Ash Ketchum: And Pikachu's not here, either!
- Robo Skiploom: Skiploom.
- Smoochum: Smoochum! Smoochum! Smoochum! Smoochum! Smoochum!
- Pikachu: Pi, Pika. Pi.
- Smoochum: Smoochum!
- Robo Skiploom: Skiploom.
- Jessie: Excellent.
- James: Our Robo Skiploom is working like a charm.
- Meowth: Yeah, but I wonder who that Smoochum belongs to.
- Jessie: In about five seconds, it's going to belong to us!
- Robo Skiploom: Skiploom.
- Smoochum: Smoochum!
- Pikachu: Pika! Pi! Pika! Pi. Pi.
- Jessie: Having a little problem getting through, Pikachu? I suppose we should've made a bigger hole, cause you're a whole lot bigger, aren't you, Pikachu?
Right On, Rhydon
- Jessie: Well, now that we know what that Rhydon likes to eat...
- James: ...We'll just find where it feeds and lie in wait.
- Meowth: Heh! Lyin' an' waitin' happens ta be my specialty!
The Kecleon Caper
- [Brock climbs a ladder and prepares to dangerously scale a blimp to get a Pokémon back for a couple of sisters]
- Brock: This is for Madison and Alexa! I've got to do something to win their love! Or at least their pity!
The Joy of Water Pokémon
- Joy: There's no Pokémon that's better than any other, there's no Pokémon that's worse than any other, they are all precious creatures...
- Ash: Team Rocket, before you ruin everything you should know that Miltank healed Meowth's injuries too!
- Pikachu: Pika!
- Jessie: Well isn't that sweet... But I don't remember asking it to!
Fight for the Light
- Brock: Instead of trying to erase a Pokémon's weaknesses, you have to encourage its natural strengths!
Machoke, Machoke Man
- [Chuck has his Machoke Karate Chop him multiple times to psyche itself up for battle]
- Chuck: [to Machoke] Come on! Focus your energy! Focus on winning! It's all about the focus, Machoke!