This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: Sun and Moon, the twentieth season of the Pokémon animated series (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?, Pocket Monsters), covering the adventures of series protagonist Ash Ketchum as he travels to Alola and meets new friends.
Alola To New Adventure!
The Guardian's Challenge!
- [Lillie gets scared of Mallow's Bounsweet]
- Mallow: It's such a shame. You know so much about Pokémon, but you can't touch them.
- Lillie: I can too touch them. I've theorised it's only a matter of if I want to touch them or not.
Loading the Dex!
First Catch in Alola, Ketchum-style!
- Rotom Dex: [touching Toucannon's beak] What's this?! It's not hot at all! That's strange.
- [Toucannon gets angry as its beak gets hotter, and Rotom Dex runs in a frenzy after getting burned.]
Yo, Ho, Ho! Go, Popplio!
A Shocking Grocery Run!
That's Why the Litten is a Scamp!
Lillie's Egg-xhilarating Challenge!
- Samson Oak: [to Ash and co.] Be like an excited "Psyduck" [imitating Psyduck] and go for the "Golduck"! [imitating Golduck]
To Top a Totem!
Trial and Tribulation!
- [Kukui is reading the morning newspaper, until...]
- Professor Kukui: Hey, yesterday's news made the paper!
- Rotom Dex: May I see it too? [starts reading it] The surprise actions of a young boy named Ash Ketchum in cooperation with Kahuna Hala were an eye opening sight. He obtained help with Totem Pokemon, Gumshoos, and its allies by battling in a trial successfully drove off the [Alolan] Rattata and [Alolan] Raticate, who have been causing trouble over the city. It is further noted Ash will receive an accommodations certificate from Officer Jenny.
- [Officer Jenny drops Ash and Kukui off at Hala's place, but has to leave for police work]
- Rotom Dex: But if you leave, you'll miss the Grand Trial.
- Officer Jenny: Since I'm on duty, I'm afraid I must. I know Melemele Island is peaceful, but police work keeps me busy.
- [Before the battle begins...]
- Professor Kukui: Alright Ash, one thing before your Grand Trial begins. Do you know the correct poses to use the Normal-type Z-move?
- Ash: I sure do! We've practiced until its second nature. Right Pikachu?
- Pikachu: Pika-Pika! [Indeed!]
- [A warning on using Z-moves]
- Professor Kukui: When you use a Z-move, both you and your Pokemon expend a large amount of energy. So in a way, you Pikachu and Rowlet are now, your Z-move should be quite a bit tiring.
- Ash: The important thing is when I use it. Is that right? [In other words, time the Z-move correctly or prepare to lose the match]
- Professor Kukui: Exactly, Ash. We are ready to go, Hala!
- [Rowlet is snoozing after defeating Crabrawler. Granted, it was worn out but still...]
- Ash: Rowlet, wake up! You're battling!
- Pikachu: Pika! [Come on Rowlet!]
- [With Ash's first Grand Trial win and Electrium-Z Crystal...]
- Hala: Professor Kukui.
- Professor Kukui: Hala.
- Hala: Would it be alright if I host the celebration? I'm pleased Ash has passed his first Grand trial and it would give me great pleasure to throw a big party for him!
- Professor Kukui: Of course, you may! What an honor! I can't thank you enough!
- Hala: Since it's all decided, I must get started with preparations.
- Ash: Kahuna Hala?
- Hala: What would you like, young Ash?
- Ash: My friends from the Pokemon school come too. You see, without them, I wouldn't have gotten a Z-Crystal in the first place. So would that be alright with you?
- Hala: A very good idea. Yes, invite them all right away!
Young Kiawe Had a Farm!
The Sun, the Scare, the Secret Lair!
- Meowth: [to James] Mareanie says you're quite a catch!
Racing to a Big Event!
Getting to Know You!
Rocking Clawmark Hill!
They Might Not Be Giants!
- Kiawe: I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU WOULD LOSE A PRECIOUS Z-CRYSTAL!
- Ash: S-Sorry Kiawe!
- Kiawe: SORRY ISN’T ENOUGH!! USE INFERNO OVERDRIVE!
- Kiawe: YOU WHAT?! YOU LOST THE PRECIOUS Z-CRYSTAL THAT TAPU KOKO GAVE YOU?!! ASH, HOW COULD YOU?!!!
- Ash: YES, I DID!!
- Kiawe: COME BACK HERE, ASH! COME HERE!
- Sophocles: Yup, Ash is on borrowed time.
- Mallow, Lillie, and Lana: Um-hm.
- Kiawe: INFERNO OVERDRIVE!!!!
- Rotom dex: Hold it right there!
- Kiawe: So the culprit... is ROTOM!!!
- Sophocles: You know what? Rotom is on borrowed time.
- Kiawe: ROTOOOM!!! DON’T YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!
A Seasoned Search!
A Guardian Rematch!
- [Ash has used his Rockruff to defeat Hiorki's Mudbray. Both Ash and Hiroki shake hands]
- Hiroki: That move was incredible! Nice battle!
- Ash: Do it again, sometime?
- Hiroki: Yeah!
One Journey Ends, Another Begins...
A Shivering Shovel Search!
Getting the Band Back Together!
Alolan Open House!
A Team-on-Team Tussle!
So Long, Sophocles!
A Glaring Rivalry!
Pulling Out the Pokémon Base Pepper
Samson Oak: Back when you were little and playing Pokémon base [impersonates Ludicolo] "Ludi-solo"!
Lulled to La-La Land!
The Ol' Raise and Switch
The Island Whisperer!
Treasure Hunt, Akala Style!
Big Sky, Small Fry!
A Crowning Moment of Truth!
Currying Favor and Flavor!
Trials and Determinations!
Rising from the Ruins!
Mallow and the Forest Teacher!
Balloons, Brionne, and Belligerence!
Mounting an Electrifying Charge!
- [Misty grabs Brock's ear after seeing him flirt with a flight attendant. Nice to see you again, Misty!]
- Misty: Alright, I come all the way to pick you up at the airport and this is the thanks I get?!
- Ash: Ha! Misty!
- Misty: [releases her grip and waves to Ash] Hey Ash! How have you been doing?
- [Muk hugs Ash]
- Ash: Muk, it's great to see you again. [Muk continues smothering Ash. Don't suffocate your trainer, Muk!]
- [As the original trio search for Lana's Popplio]
- Ash: Misty, you sure haven't changed a bit.
- Brock: Brings back memories. I mean, how the three of us used to travel together [throughout Kanto and Johto]. We did lots of things and had lots of fun.
- Misty: Although, not everything was fun.
- Ash: I enjoyed every moment of our journey.
- Misty: I'm a little jealous of how carefree you are. [Remember, Misty had to resume duties at her Cerulean Gym at the end of Johto, while Brock stopped travelling with Ash at the end of Sinnoh, as he plans on becoming a Pokemon doctor. It is nice that we get to see Ash's original companions after years of their absence, not counting flashbacks or fantasy sequences.]