This is a list of episodes in Pokémon: The Johto Journeys, the third season of the Pokémon animated series (ポケットモンスター Poketto Monsutā?, Pocket Monsters), covering the further adventures of series protagonist Ash Ketchum as he travels to Johto and meets new friends.
- 1 Don't Touch that 'Dile
- 2 The Double Trouble Header
- 3 A Sappy Ending
- 4 Roll On, Pokémon!
- 5 Illusion Confusion
- 6 Flower Power
- 7 Spinarak Attack
- 8 Snubbull Snobbery
- 9 The Little Big Horn
- 10 The Chikorita Rescue
- 11 Once in A Blue Moon
- 12 The Whistle Stop
- 13 Ignorance is Blissey
- 14 A Bout with Sprout
- 15 Fighting Flyer with Fire
- 16 For Crying Out Loud
- 17 Tanks A Lot
- 18 Charizard's Burning Ambitions
- 19 Grin to Win
- 20 Chikorita's Big Upset
- 21 Foul Weather Friends
- 22 The Superhero Secret
- 23 Mild 'N Wooly
- 24 Wired for Battle
- 25 Good Quil Hunting
- 26 A Shadow of a Drought
- 27 Going Apricorn
- 28 Gettin' the Bugs Out
- 29 A Farfetch'd Tale
- 30 Tricks of the Trade
- 31 The Fire-in Squad
- 32 No Big Woop
- 33 Tunnel Vision
- 34 Hour of the Houndour
- 35 The Totodile Duel
- 36 Hot Matches
- 37 Love, Totodile Style
- 38 Fowl Play
- 39 Forest Grumps
- 40 The Psychic Sidekicks
- 41 The Fortune Hunters
- 42 External links
Don't Touch that 'Dile
- Jessie: [referring to the escaped Totodile] This thing's becoming a big headache!
- James: Jessie, just think of it as a Pokémon hair extension.
- Jessie: [stomping several times] I DON'T FIND THIS FUNNY!
The Double Trouble Header
- Brock: Yeah! That's the spirit, Casey!
- Misty: Er, Brock, aren't we supposed to be on Ash's side?
- Brock: I usually root for the underdog cos the underdog is usually Ash.
- Misty: I didn't think of that, Destroy 'em Casey!
A Sappy Ending
- James: [referring to tree sap] It's sweet, and it's yummy, and it tastes like honey! It's delicious, and nutritious and, it's free!
Roll On, Pokémon!
- Brock: What a gem, so absolutely priceless, I never imagined there'd be such a treasure hidden in this valley, never imagined anything so precious and beautiful...
- [Ash and Misty groan]
- Ash: It's just a rock...
- Misty: I think he means Rochelle...
- Hagatha: Oh I forgot to mention, since I'm the one who raised it, this Hoothoot only gets along with pretty girls.
- Misty: Oh, is that right Hoothoot? Do you like pretty girls?
- Hoothoot: Hoot, hoot...
- Ash: Too bad there aren't any here.
- [Misty and Hagatha glare at Ash with demon-like expressions while Hagatha growls]
- Misty: What did you say Ash Ketchum?!
- Jessie: [to Meowth] We needed you to warm up the crowd, not to cool them off...
- James: Now they'll never get to see Jessie and me dance...
- Meowth: An' you t'ink that's a bad t'ing?
- James: Meowth! Why are you eating out of that priceless piece of pottery?!
- Meowth: It makes the chow taste better.
- Jessie: Sorry to break up the party.
- James: And the marriage.
- Meowth: [with Snubbull biting on his tail] I'm in extreme pain here!
The Little Big Horn
- Jenny: Would you mind coming with me?
- Brock: Oh boy, where should we go Officer? For a romantic stroll in this beautiful urban oasis?
- Jenny: You don't get it; I'd like you to come down to the station so I can fill out a report.
- Brock: Great, but it sure is an unusual first date.
- [Ash and Misty groan]
- Misty: He doesn't have a clue...
The Chikorita Rescue
- Jessie: [to Ash] How dare you mangle our motto!
- James: That is copyrighted material!
- Meowth: Copycat!
Once in A Blue Moon
- [Meowth holds up a round object with a happy expression]
- Jessie: What are you so happy about? What's that thing you've got there?
- Meowth: It's just an old lawn ornament, there's a bunch o' neat stuff over in that field an' it's all round...
- Jessie: Small minds are easily amused.
The Whistle Stop
- Brock: [as the Pokédex] Girl traveling with Ledyba: This natural beauty, short boyish hairstyle, provides the ideal compliment to her warm feminine features, this girl is obviously Brock's type.
Ignorance is Blissey
- James: [through megaphone] Oh Look Jessie, We Dropped All The Food We Stole From The Pokémon Centre.
A Bout with Sprout
- Ash: The most important thing a new Pokémon Trainer has to remember is... Uh... Let's see now, uh, what was it?... It's on the tip of my tongue... Uh...
Fighting Flyer with Fire
- Falkner: Forfeit!
- Ash: Forfeit?!
- Falkner: It's supposed to be a trainer's responsibility to judge whether his Pokémon can continue to battle or not.
For Crying Out Loud
- Brock: Well ya know what ya always find in beautiful places like this, don't ya?
- Ash & Misty: No Brock, what?
- Brock: Beautiful girls... Guys, this could be it, this could be where I'm finally gonna meet the girl of my dreams!
- Misty: That's crazy, what makes you think you're gonna find the girl of your dreams here?
- Brock: Because she's standing right over there...
Tanks A Lot
- [After Togepi and Sentret drive away in the Team Rocket tank]
- Meowth: Hey, how'd they do that?
- Jessie: JAMES. Don't tell me you forgot to put the parking brake on!
- James: Alright, what would you like me to tell you then?
Charizard's Burning Ambitions
- Liza: [to Charizard] You'll never be a great Charizard if you act tough and don't respect your own limitation.
Grin to Win
- James: [checking each Sunflora] Hmmm, the leaves on this one are out of proportion with its petals... This one has a nice smile, but its shape leaves something to be desired... This one's physically nice but it lacks personality... There's something insincere about this one's smile... This one just doesn't want to win badly enough, you can tell by the look in its eyes...
Chikorita's Big Upset
- [Jessie and James are threatened by their robot gone haywire tugging on their ropes while Meowth sits up top in the balloon they're connected to]
- Meowth: [before extending his claws] Time for emergency measures... Hah!
- Jessie: Wait a second, what are you going to do?
- James: We're your friends, you can't cut us loose!
- Meowth: The two o' you are weighin' this t'ing down so I'm gonna have ta exercise my escape claws! [his claws now touch the ropes]
- Jessie: That actually makes a great deal of sense... YOU TRAITOR!
Foul Weather Friends
- Meowth: We want them Hoppip so we can start our own business an' go legit'.
- Jessie: We never do anything honest!
- Meowth: We could still cheat on our taxes, couldn't we?
The Superhero Secret
- Gligarman: That's some daughter I have...
- Brock: Yeah, she sure is, wonder where she disappeared to? She was here a minute ago.
Mild 'N Wooly
- James: When I was a boy, practically every stitch of clothing I owned; sweaters, socks, unmentionables, everything was made of Mareep wool.
- Jessie: [shocked] Huh?!
- James: It was... like heaven. I had snugly little Mareep wool shorts, cute little Mareep wool mittens, a scarf of course and the most adorable Mareep wool stocking cap you've ever seen. My schoolmates were so envious they beat me nearly every day.
Wired for Battle
- Misty: Shingo can't watch the battle and his computer at the same time.
- Pikachu: Pika.
- Muramasa: He's starting to realize where his attention should be.
Good Quil Hunting
- [After the usual Team Rocket motto]
- Meowth: Meowth! That's right!... But This ain't!
- [Only Misty and Brock are present]
- Jessie: Where are Pikachu and the twerp?!
- Misty: Neither of them is here right now!
- Jessie: Whoops! In that case we take all that back. Let's go.
A Shadow of a Drought
- Jessie: [referring to the water supply] What?! It's all gone! Meowth drank the canteen dry!
- James: Hey! We were all supposed to get a share!
- Meowth: I know, but my share was on the bottom.
- Meowth: [referring to the Apricorns] If we can get our paws on them Pokéballs, people will pay a pretty penny for 'em cos them things don't grow on trees ya know.
- James: Actually Meowth, if you really had been listening to every word, you would have heard the sweet little girl say those Pokéballs really do grow on trees.
- Jessie: Forget it James, there's money to be made.
Gettin' the Bugs Out
- Bugsy: Have you ever heard the saying, the trainer who learns the rules of the Bug Pokémon learns to rule the Bug Pokémon?
- Ash: No, who said that?
- Bugsy: Me, weren't ya listening?
A Farfetch'd Tale
- Sylvester: [to his father] Have you seen... uh... my Farfetch'd?
- Sylvester's father: I knew it; you let that thing run away again, didn't ya?
- Sylvester: I, I didn't say it ran away!
- Sylvester's father: Well if it didn't run away how come you're lookin' for it?
- Sylvester: Uh, well I...
- Sylvester's father: You just can't do anything right, can ya?!
- Misty: He's scary...
- Brock: I'm ready to apologise to him and I didn't even do anything!
Tricks of the Trade
- James: [to Victreebel] Just remember how well I take care of you the next time you decide to bite the head that waters you.
The Fire-in Squad
- Meowth: We're gonna have ta do this the 'charred' way!
- Jessie: Let's blast them James.
- James: I believe that's my cue, to barbecue!
No Big Woop
- Jessie: [referring to Wooper] I can't do it; I can't look at that sweet little face and stay angry...
- James: It's absolutely adorable, isn't it Jessie?
- Meowth: It reminds me of me.
- [Jigglypuff and Snubbull are currently fighting by slapping each other]
- Jessie: Get in there Meowth; can't you see that Snubbull's in danger? Quit standing around gawking and do something to help out!
- James: What are you waiting for?
- Meowth: I was kinda waitin' fer Jigglypuff ta slap that Snubbull silly.
Hour of the Houndour
- Meowth: [as he steals food from Nurse Joy] Time ta say Ciao to yer chow!
The Totodile Duel
- Misty: [astonished] I just caught a tea kettle...
- Ash: It put up a pretty good fight though.
- Brock: Could ya throw it back and try for a coffee maker?
- Misty: I came here for Pokémon, not appliances!
- Ash: Misty is kind of scaring me.
- Brockː She's almost as scary as that Mini-Misty.
- Misty: Don't mess with me or Mini-Misty.
- Wobbuffet: [appears] Wob-buffet!
- Jessie: [to Wobbuffet] Must you always butt into our business?!
- Wobbuffet: [nodding] Wobba Wobba Wobba Wobba Wobba.
- Jessie: [recalling Wobbuffet] I was afraid you'd say that.
Love, Totodile Style
- Ash: [referring to Totodile and Quagsire] I think Totodile just found a new girlfriend.
- Pikachu: Pika?
- Misty: [groans] Oh great, just what we need... A Pokémon that acts just like Brock...
- Meowth: That rule stuff's a lot o' baloney! Rules fer decent honourable trainers don't apply ta us!
- Misty: [referring to their position] We're just a few feet from the bottom!
- Meowth: If we'd had known that we coulda' taken your Pokémon last night!
- Misty: [annoyed] You were gonna to take my Pokémon, were ya?!
- Meowth: [nervous] I meant we was gonna take yer Pokémon fer a nice walk in the moonlight...
The Psychic Sidekicks
- James: Our mirror ploy also has the contributing secondary effect of damaging a Psychic Pokémon's confidence against Ghost Pokémon, consequently eroding its trainer's faith and trust in the Pokémon's natural abilities and talents.
- Jessie: I had no idea you had such an analytical mind.
- Meowth: How'd ya t'ink o' that?
- James: I just made it up as I went along.
- Jessie & Meowth: [clapping] Ohhhh...
The Fortune Hunters
- Jessie: I've heard all about these little books, I've been meaning to shoplift one.