Detective Pikachu (film)
(Redirected from Pokémon Detective Pikachu)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Detective Pikachu is a 2019 live-action film by Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures.
- [enunciating] I know you can't understand me, but put down the stapler or I will electrocute you!
- It's the jellies! It's that thing, you know, you feel it when you really believe in something, despite everyone telling you that you're wrong.
- Harry faked his own death. Or...somebody else faked Harry's death. Or...Harry faked somebody else's death. That last one didn't work at all. But the first 2 did are real contenders.
- [looks at Mr. Mime] Oh! Ooh. Ew. That. It's a Mr. Mime. They're the worst. Silent but annoying.
- [about Dr. Laurent, later referring to Psyduck] Maybe this doctor could weigh in the long-term psychological effects of being strapped into a baby seat next to a bomb!
- That's why Mewtwo took Harry. It was revenge for being captured.
- What is this? [runs to the edge of the bridge] I know this place. [flashback] This is the scene of the crash. What is that? [picks up a Greninja star] Greninja stars. [another flashback] Roger must've sent the Greninjas to cause the crash, which... Which means... Mewtwo was trying to protect us? [yet another flashback] [Howard: Advanced holographic imaging. It allows us to see things that they cannot or don't want us to see] Wait. Howard would've seen this in his hologram. Oh no. No no no no. Tim! [runs for Ryme City]
- No. Tim said Volt Tackle is my best move. Let's do this Pokémon battle thing right! [charges Mewtwo and then faints]
- [to Howard] I didn't need to defeat you. I just needed to distract you.
- Harry's not dead. If his Pokémon partner is still alive, that means he is too.
- [recognizes Pikachu] You're Harry's Pokémon partner?
- I will never smell your finger.
- I should've gotten on that train.
- [about Lucy] I literally just met someone. She was a junior reporter at CNM. She was doing a story on Harry. I think she knows more than she let on.
- [about Mr. Mime] I think the trick is getting inside his head.
- Mewtwo didn't cause the crash.
- [to a Bulbasaur] I need to Pikachu to a healer Pokémon. Please. I'm begging you. I don't wanna lose him too.
- [as she walks slowly down the stairs] Stories like this spread fear, and they're afraid of fear. But I don't fear fear. I walk the walk, and I talk the talk, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get the honest scoop, and that's the hard truth.
- Tim! How am I suppose to break the news when the guy who runs the news IS the breaking news?!
- From all our citizens, welcome to Ryme City.
- Imagine being able to evolve into the best possible version of yourself. That greatness inside you just waiting to be awoken.
- [in Pikachu's flashback] Advanced holographic imaging. It allows us to see things that they cannot or don't want us to see.
- [defeated] What have you done?!
- The transfer worked. My body's in the chair, but my mind is in Mewtwo.
- Well done, Tim. You and Harry's Pikachu led me straight to Mewtwo. [starts hovering]
- All your father had to do was take the money and walk away. But he started asking questions. I had to stop him.
- I had no choice! He tracked the R to the battles, traced it back to Dr. Laurent, and then he and his Pikachu helped Mewtwo escape! [holds Tim back]
- This was never about curing me! I have found a path forward for all of us! Mewtwo has the power to transfer the soul of a human into the body of a Pokémon as long as the Pokémon are in a crazed state. The R gas takes care of that.
- People of Ryme City, I've finally discovered a cure! Not just for me, but for all of humanity! Pokémon can evolve into better versions of themselves, and now so can you! Humans and Pokémon, merged into one!
- [hears an explosion and sees Pikachu] Harry's Pikachu. [flies to Pikachu] You think you can stand in the way of the future? I am the future!
- Finish him, Ditto!
- [to Pikachu] Harry's son is finished!
- [flies back up, grabs Pikachu by the neck] A feeble effort. A Pikachu cannot defeat Mewtwo in battle.
- [sees Tim about to remove the neural link from Howard] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- I'm sorry, we're not a tabloid. Which means that we don't report on rumors, gossip, or hearsay. It's not news if it can't be verified. You want a story, find a source. Oh, and pro tip: a reasonable sense of fashion.
- They're outside. [escapes the lab]
- I've been waiting for you.
- [after healing Pikachu] You brought the son to me as agreed.
- [to Pikachu] You've done well. Humanity is evil. I've always believed Pokémon are...
- [to Tim] Run!
- I will undo what has been done. [undoes Howard's wrongdoings]
- There is one last thing I must fix.
- [referring to Harry Goodman] The father you have been looking for has been with you all along.
- [to Pikachu, again] You've done well. Humanity is evil. But you have shown me that not all humans are bad. Harry Goodman, your Pikachu offers its body to save your mind. There is a son. With the son's return, I can repair the father. Your memory will be gone, but your heart will know who you are. I take this body so that you might live. Return with the son.
- Sebastian: The guy you are looking for wanted to know the source of R. [coughs] It comes from the doctor. That's all I know. Now let me go!
- Yoshida: Tim, this job, it demands a lot. [referring to Harry] But you were on his mind everyday. He loved you more than anything else in the world.
- Dr. Laurent: [last words] We're losing power in the containment chamber!
- Ryan Reynolds as Harry Goodman and his Pikachu
- Justice Smith as Tim Goodman
- Kathryn Newton as Lucy Stevens
- Suki Waterhouse as Ms. Norman/Ditto
- Omar Chaparro as Sebastian
- Chris Geere as Roger Clifford
- Ken Watanabe as Detective Hideo Yoshida
- Bill Nighy as Howard Clifford
- Rita Ora as Dr. Ann Laurent
- Karan Soni as Jack
- Josette Simon as Tim's grandma
- Rina Hoshino and Kotaro Watanabe as Mewtwo
- Rachael Lillis as Jigglypuff